Author Topic: [GB] LAPBOARD60 - Acrilyc Lapboard for your couch (LIVE)  (Read 2172 times)

Offline depressedkeebs

• Depressed Keebs
[GB] LAPBOARD60 - Acrilyc Lapboard for your couch (LIVE)
« on: Mon, 10 January 2022, 13:37:33 »
The Lapboard60 is a universal case for your 60% to use on the couch or bed, wired or wireless via bluetooth with support for a mousepad.

Specifications

Universal 60% stacked Acrilyc case

6 layers of acrilyc

1 Plate of Carbon Fiber on 1.5 mm thickness

it comes with 7 standoffs and 14 screws for the keyboard and plate

Aditinal 5 standoffs and 10 screws for the outside structure

It supports mousepads 22 cm x 18 cm (8.6 inch x 7.4 inch) it also comes with the piece of acrilyc to put on the hole if you can't find the exact same size of mouse pad

Estimated production time: 2 months

-it does not include keycaps, stabilizers, switches and PCB-

You can use it with soldered or hotswap PCBs

Group Buy running time:
Jan 9th - Feb 6th

Renders:

Proto:

Link to Buy:

https://depressedkeebs.com/products/lapboard60

PRICE: 150 USD

There will be a video building it and sound test in the next couple of weeks, but you can expect it to sound just like any other stacked acrilyc 60%

Offline Lyle88

Re: [GB] LAPBOARD60 - Acrilyc Lapboard for your couch (LIVE)
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 22 January 2022, 19:54:37 »
If you end up running a R2 with different measurements for the mouse pad (perfect size would be artisan xl mouse pad) I would 100% be in.
I like the look and idea, in fact I have been looking at split ergo boards to use as a base for a handmade couch setup.
GL with the GB, I hope it goes well

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Offline BrainBunker

Re: [GB] LAPBOARD60 - Acrilyc Lapboard for your couch (LIVE)
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 23 January 2022, 11:00:13 »
I love this idea, and I’m considering getting one! However, I personally would like to see it made for a 65%, since I’d prefer dedicated arrow keys if I’m using this on the couch. A 75% would also work (couch gaming sometimes could take advantage of dedicated f-row), but I like the idea of keeping the size small for this purpose.

I also wonder what the decision for the mousepad size was. Is that a standard size? I can’t seem to find something that would fit nicely, it’s either too small or too big, which would look odd.