Author Topic: [IC] Matrix lab 8XV 3.0 (GB starts 10th March)  (Read 131234 times)

Offline Leon_TheKing

Re: [IC] Matrix lab 8XV 3.0
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 27 February 2022, 08:19:43 »
would be great to have a bigger screen lol, i cant see my waifus on that small screen, however, this is an instabuy

my guess is they are keeping the screen similar size as the led ring found on 2.0add. If too big, it will look less tasteful.

Offline NightFox99

Re: [IC] Matrix lab 8XV 3.0 (22th Feb updated)
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 28 February 2022, 05:22:15 »
EU VENDORS ? UK IS NOT EU ANYMORE AS YOU KNOW AND BYUING FROM PROTOTYPIST IS NOT AN OPTION SINCE HELLISH TAXES WILL APPLY. PLEASE CONSIDER.

Offline ___LUNK

Re: [IC] Matrix lab 8XV 3.0 (22th Feb updated)
« Reply #152 on: Mon, 28 February 2022, 09:02:02 »
Sorry I couldn't quite hear you could you type that louder please.

Offline Matrix-Lab

• Matrix
Re: [IC] Matrix lab 8XV 3.0 (GB starts 10th March)
« Reply #153 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 10:50:42 »
updated

Offline WhatsForLunch

« Reply #154 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 11:02:29 »
What is this like aftermarket prices lol

Offline 7empest

• ༼ つ ◕ ◕ ༽つ
« Reply #155 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 11:37:29 »
So I guess there will be no badge support then.... sadge

Offline ZavaZ86

« Reply #156 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 11:41:35 »
No EU vendor and now we have to pay increase priced because it have to go through the UK or other vendors. Such a bad mistake.

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #157 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 12:03:47 »
No EU vendor I guess it's a win for my bank account. But I'll probably buy something else :/
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #158 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 12:06:56 »
I'm not interested in this board and just came here to say that having 6 vendors and none of them in the EU is a big ****you to the European community

Offline cadrev

« Reply #159 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 12:20:09 »
So the EYE and HEART colors, we won't be able to choose it? is that correct? Is it randomly selected by Matrix Lab??

Offline CJackson19

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 12:54:03 »
Can the LCD screen display the current time and/or real time typing inputs (kind of like the Sat75)?

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 16:14:53 »
So the EYE and HEART colors, we won't be able to choose it? is that correct? Is it randomly selected by Matrix Lab??

Those colors get chosen by Matrix; per discord it was to keep the number of choices down. Colors were going to be chosen to look good w the chosen top so not completely random. The discord has a section for badge trading so I figure these will get traded too…

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #162 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 16:19:11 »
I was ready to join this but I don't feel like rewarding a studio that couldn't even be arsed to find an EU vendor. Not keen on getting ravaged by import VAT too.
No disrespect but I'll wait for future Matrix projects hoping they will be handled with more attention to global customers.

Offline Hdjekso

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 16:37:25 »

This is how much high end TKLs cost. I'm not sure where you get your "aftermarket prices" from.

Offline marici22

« Reply #164 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 22:37:21 »
looking gooooood

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #165 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 23:29:36 »
What are the typing angle and front height?

Offline WhatsForLunch

« Reply #166 on: Thu, 03 March 2022, 00:17:59 »

This is how much high end TKLs cost. I'm not sure where you get your "aftermarket prices" from.

Finall EU price is over 600€ + shipping and maybe even additional import taxes and all that for a unlimited GB. And im talking about the base price here. This is not a high end board of such value and im normally a person that understands such prices with custom boards. Cheaper for me to get a aftermarket 2.0, which isnt that different
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 March 2022, 00:19:59 by WhatsForLunch »

Offline juniper37559

« Reply #167 on: Thu, 03 March 2022, 01:46:12 »
So no directly purchase from matrix this time? Then I'll pass this time. The vendors prices in Asia are much higher than what I was expected.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #168 on: Thu, 03 March 2022, 03:55:49 »
Holy Bejeezus, I'm so glad I googled "Matrix 2.0 keyboard" before buying a Matrix 2.0 off secondary, because it led me to this!

Offline Hdjekso

« Reply #169 on: Thu, 03 March 2022, 12:19:55 »

Finall EU price is over 600€ + shipping and maybe even additional import taxes and all that for a unlimited GB. And im talking about the base price here. This is not a high end board of such value and im normally a person that understands such prices with custom boards. Cheaper for me to get a aftermarket 2.0, which isnt that different

Yes, matrix is kinda at fault for not having an EU vendor, but the majority of people aren't in the EU trying to buy a 3.0 from prototypist. The "intended price" (where you buy from your respective regional vendor) of ~$600 may be a tad pricey for some people, but is nevertheless in line with other high end TKLs, such as the cloudline TKL, the phoenix TKL, the hiney TKL one, the iron180, the Geon F2-84, and more.

Offline Matrix-Lab

• Matrix
« Reply #170 on: Thu, 03 March 2022, 22:55:10 »
What are the typing angle and front height?

7 degrees. For the front height, I'm not sure which one you are talking about, so ill show you both.

« Last Edit: Fri, 04 March 2022, 04:29:34 by Matrix-Lab »

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #171 on: Fri, 04 March 2022, 05:53:05 »
Yes, matrix is kinda at fault for not having an EU vendor, but the majority of people aren't in the EU trying to buy a 3.0 from prototypist. The "intended price" (where you buy from your respective regional vendor) of ~$600 may be a tad pricey for some people, but is nevertheless in line with other high end TKLs, such as the cloudline TKL, the phoenix TKL, the hiney TKL one, the iron180, the Geon F2-84, and more.

you're mixing limited and unlimited boards, not the greatest comparison. unlimited retail cost is generally lower than limited.

Offline autocast

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 04 March 2022, 08:40:28 »
Consider this image

How many individual pieces are present here? How many components make up the whole 3.0 board? Also, besides this image how many additional options and colors are available to you as the GB buyer?

Regardless of unlimited or limited GB. Consider the time required for machining, assembly, and design required for this specific board

Just from my past experience with Matrix Lab boards, this board will likely be an array of carefully considered pieces coming together to create a larger cohesive structure with an impeccable surface finish. There's usually many screws! and you will come to love your screwdriver... the customisation and personalisation with matrix boards is unparalleled. Matching accent pieces on Matrix boards to keycap tastes and other color preferences is something you don't get with other boards.

Can't compare the 3.0 to other boards with only 3 pieces of metal (top, bottom, weight) and a few color options

Offline Hdjekso

« Reply #173 on: Fri, 04 March 2022, 14:08:04 »

you're mixing limited and unlimited boards, not the greatest comparison. unlimited retail cost is generally lower than limited.

There's a lot more to consider than simply unlimited vs limited, such as the number of parts, machining complexity, material costs, fluctuating shipping/ tax rates and more. The 3.0 is definitely on the pricier side of TKLs, but is nowhere near aftermarket pricing. It's also worth noting that the Phoenix TKL is also an unlimited GB.

Offline feelingcute

« Reply #174 on: Fri, 04 March 2022, 15:21:20 »
Here's a crazy thought, if you think the board is too expensive... don't buy it. Total "Woah!" moment I know

Offline aa212121

« Reply #175 on: Fri, 04 March 2022, 17:55:29 »
It is expensive.
It is bad that there is no EU vendor.

But irrespective of whether people buy it or not, if no one complains and all we do is cheer this on; nothing is going to change the next time.
EU will keep getting cucked.
New people in the hobby will have to pay more and new group buy runners will think that charging 600$ for an unlimited GB is the norm.
And then we all pay 150$ for plastic that ships after 2 years.

it is not about this particular GB, but the future too.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 March 2022, 18:09:06 by aa212121 »

Offline 4milk

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 05 March 2022, 13:14:15 »
Here's a crazy thought, if you think the board is too expensive... don't buy it. Total "Woah!" moment I know
People can't criticize things? If you dislike a forum comment... don't read it.

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #177 on: Sat, 05 March 2022, 17:31:32 »
Is there any reason that the blank top case is not an option in the base kit? It seems wasteful to have to get an extra top case just to have the blank option. Please consider making the blank case a default option

Offline Whale_algorithm

« Reply #178 on: Mon, 07 March 2022, 09:03:45 »
Just to confirm, we only need to purchase the screen daughterboard pack if we order an extra eye top, correct? Meaning, the base kit eye top already includes all the necessary components, correct?

Offline solracarevir

« Reply #179 on: Mon, 07 March 2022, 13:17:03 »
Just to confirm, we only need to purchase the screen daughterboard pack if we order an extra eye top, correct? Meaning, the base kit eye top already includes all the necessary components, correct?

I was wondering the same. If I purchase the Full keyboard kit with the Eye Screen top will it come with the full components or I'll have to purchase the Screen daughter  board pack?

Offline CloudyEyes

Re: [IC] Matrix lab 8XV 3.0
« Reply #180 on: Mon, 07 March 2022, 18:57:16 »
can we get a color guide before this goes live? some of the color names are a little confusing
Should be similar to this:

(some of them)

Show Image

---------

Def in!

Please take my money for jade green :L

Offline Matrix-Lab

• Matrix
« Reply #181 on: Mon, 07 March 2022, 23:30:55 »

I was wondering the same. If I purchase the Full keyboard kit with the Eye Screen top will it come with the full components or I'll have to purchase the Screen daughter  board pack?

The full kit has included everything already. Daughter board pack is for those who want an extra set just in case something happened.

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #182 on: Wed, 09 March 2022, 03:01:04 »
Never explained why there's no EU vendor. Prototypist is not an option because VAT is one thing and import fees from UK is a whole other story. Plus DHL fees as an additional bonus. Keep it for yourself then, other vendors are respecting their EU customers more.

Btw unless several typing tests are available, no one schould consider buying it : too much TKLs can be found on the market for a lesser price and decently sounding. It should stand out, to justify the price. Just beacuse it's "Matrix" proves nothing itself. Hope I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 March 2022, 04:43:43 by NightFox99 »

Offline maximize

« Reply #183 on: Wed, 09 March 2022, 10:53:18 »
No “blank” top case but including as an optional extra purchase? Money grab + wasteful.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 March 2022, 10:55:04 by maximize »

Offline selsik

« Reply #184 on: Wed, 09 March 2022, 14:17:25 »
No EU vendor and no Via/Vial are the biggest deal breakers for me. It's a shame but I'll pass.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 March 2022, 14:28:16 by selsik »
Topre >>> MX

Offline elvenmonster

« Reply #185 on: Wed, 09 March 2022, 15:51:21 »
No “blank” top case but including as an optional extra purchase? Money grab + wasteful.

How is it a moneygrab if its literally optional lmao

Offline 1017BirckenThot

« Reply #186 on: Wed, 09 March 2022, 16:09:07 »

Well you are locked into buying a top case you might not really want if you only wanted the blank one. Not saying its a moneygrab as its likely just to reduce complexity when fulfilling orders, but it is potentially wasteful if you have no interest in the stock top case.

Offline elvenmonster

« Reply #187 on: Wed, 09 March 2022, 16:14:16 »

Well you are locked into buying a top case you might not really want if you only wanted the blank one. Not saying its a moneygrab as its likely just to reduce complexity when fulfilling orders, but it is potentially wasteful if you have no interest in the stock top case.

I think the screen/heart is one of the key design elements. The blank top option would be if anyone wants an extra top but a cheaper one (the other two are more expensive due to the electronic components they come with). It makes sense if someone just wants to get one of the extra colours, or wants to gamble for a unique one not in the list, but still doesnt want to pay for the screen for instance.

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #188 on: Wed, 09 March 2022, 16:36:53 »
Never explained why there's no EU vendor. Prototypist is not an option because VAT is one thing and import fees from UK is a whole other story. Plus DHL fees as an additional bonus. Keep it for yourself then, other vendors are respecting their EU customers more.

Btw unless several typing tests are available, no one schould consider buying it : too much TKLs can be found on the market for a lesser price and decently sounding. It should stand out, to justify the price. Just beacuse it's "Matrix" proves nothing itself. Hope I'm wrong.

No one should consider buying this since there's no sound test ? Lol what a blanket statement. How about you let people make that decision for themselves. I am personally buying it because of the design, and known matrix quality.

I understand you're salty about the EU situation, but at the end of the day they're your country/organization laws, and there's no way to accommodate everyone sometimes.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 March 2022, 18:00:18 by finalarcadia »

Offline selsik

« Reply #189 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 00:30:30 »

No one should consider buying this since there's no sound test ? Lol what a blanket statement. How about you let people make that decision for themselves. I am personally buying it because of the design, and known matrix quality.

I understand you're salty about the EU situation, but at the end of the day they're your country/organization laws, and there's no way to accommodate everyone sometimes.

Literally every other GB always has an EU vendor. There are a handful of major vendors in the continent handling GBs: MyKeyboard, CandyKeys, Keygem, EloquentClicks... hell, even SplitKB has some.

There is no possible justification for this. They deserve every bit of flak they get for not securing an EU vendor for this overpriced keyboard.
Topre >>> MX

Offline tngpq

« Reply #190 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 01:30:26 »
Well there's always a possibility Matrix could not reach an agreement with any EU vendor. Who's fault is it then? You can't just blame everything on Matrix without knowing what exactly happened or if they even tried to talk with some vendors. I'd wait until any info on that comes out.

Offline santela

« Reply #191 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 01:41:19 »
Don't live in the EU and not interested in the board, but I just love it when they straight-up ignore potential customers asking about EU vendors. Could've just said they are negotiating instead of being rude.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 March 2022, 01:44:32 by santela »

Offline elongatedmusk

« Reply #192 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 02:32:30 »
About the EU vendor (potentially Oblo...at that time), from Matrix's Discord some time ago, in case you didn't join the Discord server or need context

Offline halliu

« Reply #193 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 06:36:25 »
Keen to get one, just deciding between the full brass or the normal weight, and WKL vs WK..

Offline Tyson

« Reply #194 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 08:14:16 »
Joining for an upgraded WKL eye :D Now to decide what coating to go for! So many options!!!

Offline Whale_algorithm

« Reply #195 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 10:06:10 »
In for ano black eye + white flash blank.

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #196 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 11:29:58 »
How come there's no option for a full orange-red case? I have to spend extra $150 just to get a new top? Same idea with a blank top, why is that option not originally included?
60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline maximize

« Reply #197 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 11:44:58 »

I can guarantee that I’m not the only person who would only consider using a blank top. There is at least one comment above requesting a blank top in the base kit, and likely more users that feel the same way but have not commented. You see, those people are essentially forced to buy an extra top case if they want this keyboard. Please let me know if you still do not understand, and I can attempt to explain it another way.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 March 2022, 11:51:27 by maximize »

Offline ddamko

« Reply #198 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 12:19:33 »
Is there QMK support? If not then how will this board be programmed or will it not be able to?

Offline airs

« Reply #199 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 12:50:52 »
Not being able to choose a blank top is wasteful of materials and people's time. I'd rather not roll the dice on a color and then have to try to trade it for one I like. I can't think of a reason they did this other than $ grab.
Octagon v2, LZ CLS