Author Topic: [IC] Leviatán - Plateless 60% -- GB POST LIVE  (Read 42313 times)

Offline irithyll

Re: [IC] Leviatán - Plateless 60% -- MAJOR UPDATE. PRICING AND GB DATE
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 29 April 2023, 10:09:31 »
Sounds like some juicy changes.

Offline SilfurSol

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 29 April 2023, 10:16:31 »
Been enjoying my R0 unit from the moment I received it, probably my most used board for the past few months, can only recommend.
It sounds amazing with ergo clears, eager to maybe try adding an half plate as the mod might be the only thing that doesn't sound excellent on my unit
298747-0

Offline Yuinth

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 29 April 2023, 10:29:49 »
Looks stunning in both colors.
Which mounting method do you prefer for this board?

GLWGB!

Offline LaminarDesigns

• General crackhead
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 29 April 2023, 10:35:04 »
Looks stunning in both colors.
Which mounting method do you prefer for this board?

GLWGB!

My favorite is 100% PCB mount with POM half plate. It's absolute bliss.

Offline juju.C

• Keyboard Central
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 29 April 2023, 11:14:22 »
Is getting TOP ONLY an option? some of us R0 users might want to get a WK top  :confused: Hopefully CK can help us out :)
juju (aka Julian)

Instagram: room A Keyboard Studio
https://www.instagram.com/room.a.kb/

https://keyboardcentral.net

Offline NSMN

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 29 April 2023, 11:26:44 »
Extra tops will be available?

Offline LaminarDesigns

• General crackhead
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 29 April 2023, 14:29:07 »
Is getting TOP ONLY an option? some of us R0 users might want to get a WK top  :confused: Hopefully CK can help us out :)

I’ll bring it up to the team, and will confirm if we can or not when the GB thread goes live.

Offline Zenihalt

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 29 April 2023, 18:50:30 »
I can't wait to get my hands on this board. I have been following the project for quite a while and I'm really excited!

Offline WoobEC

• Eloquent Clicks
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 01 May 2023, 07:46:04 »
Looking forward to the start of GB ;D

Offline LaminarDesigns

• General crackhead
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 03 May 2023, 11:05:42 »
Regional vendors added. OCE/AUS is the only pending one.

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 05 May 2023, 10:06:05 »
starting price very very good

in

Offline LaminarDesigns

• General crackhead
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 05 May 2023, 11:38:15 »
starting price very very good

in

This was my goal with the project. Bring an interesting board that you can spend hours tinkering with at an affordable price. It is not budget by any definition but I am happy with the price we achieved.

We are still working on finalizing pricing information for extra PCBs, support and top mount plates and other miscellaneous things.

Offline riesz

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 13 May 2023, 03:22:58 »
Don't suppose there's a chance for a top mounted SKU with hot swap sockets? Don't trust myself enough with a soldering iron to stake $380 on it

Offline keenest

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 13 May 2023, 04:32:02 »
Will this have support for other pcbs like the h60?

Offline shendoo

• *RAUGHS*
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 13 May 2023, 21:07:07 »
The board looks absolutely great. Noob question here but can you mill max a plateless build? Are the switches going to pop off? Even with a half plate build?
Also, would there be a Canadian vendor or Canadians should go through Cannonkeys?

Offline LaminarDesigns

• General crackhead
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 16 May 2023, 11:10:58 »
Don't suppose there's a chance for a top mounted SKU with hot swap sockets? Don't trust myself enough with a soldering iron to stake $380 on it

The number of SKUs is already pretty high due to all the support plates, so unfortunately not. That being said, soldering nowadays is pretty painless if you get good solder and a half decent iron. It took me like 2 sockets to get the hang of it, it is not scary at all!

Offline LaminarDesigns

• General crackhead
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 16 May 2023, 11:12:38 »

No, but I will make sure to keep PCBs in stock so that those who need more can get more, no need to worry about PCBs being hard to get after the group buy. 

Offline LaminarDesigns

• General crackhead
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 16 May 2023, 11:14:40 »
The board looks absolutely great. Noob question here but can you mill max a plateless build? Are the switches going to pop off? Even with a half plate build?
Also, would there be a Canadian vendor or Canadians should go through Cannonkeys?

I have never tested this so I cannot say for sure. With a half plate it should be OK on the mods/keys that are supported but depending on what switch you use the legs may be loose. I suggest trying with a switch or two and seeing how they work. I do not ensure,or support millmaxing the PCB-mounted PCB without a full plate, just so we're clear.

As for a Canadian vendor unfortunately we already have a record number of vendors so we cannot add one more, so you will have to go through CannonKeys.

Offline LaminarDesigns

• General crackhead
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 16 May 2023, 11:15:18 »

I have never tested this so I cannot say for sure. With a half plate it should be OK on the mods/keys that are supported but depending on what switch you use the legs may be loose. I suggest trying with a switch or two and seeing how they work. I do not ensure, or support millmaxing the PCB-mounted PCB without a full plate, just so we're clear.

As for a Canadian vendor unfortunately we already have a record number of vendors so we cannot add one more, so you will have to go through CannonKeys.

Offline keenest

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 16 May 2023, 12:19:03 »

No, but I will make sure to keep PCBs in stock so that those who need more can get more, no need to worry about PCBs being hard to get after the group buy.

I was mostly wondering because the stock PCB doesn't support split spacebars. It's pretty reasonable not to support it since it's such a niche use case but I'd appreciate it if you provided files for the PCB so you could make your own, is that something you're planning on doing?
Really cool board btw, would love to get my hands on one if I'm able to financially when the group buy starts :thumb:

Offline Aethelberht

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 17 May 2023, 14:41:10 »
Oh yiss it's great that Leviatan is more accessible with the soft cap. Finger crossed.

Offline TerraKeycaps

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 17 May 2023, 17:44:34 »
Almost no difference between renders and photos. Amazing

Offline LaminarDesigns

• General crackhead
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 17 May 2023, 18:19:50 »
Oh yiss it's great that Leviatan is more accessible with the soft cap. Finger crossed.

Like I told someone else on discord, if you want a unit, you can get a unit. Just stay up to date with the GB dates and you should be good to go! Tentatively it is scheduled for July 1st, but if anything changes CannonKeys will let me know so I can pass the information along :D

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
Re: [IC] Leviatán - Plateless 60%
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 17 May 2023, 18:40:06 »
Love the weight design.
Please consider EU vendor.
it's 100% going to be mykb so it's a quite easy pass

When you see how efficiently and quickly the closed group buy was fulfilled (I was the vendor myself) you will be surprised. Regardless of which vendors I use I am going to be managing things myself so rest assured, things will be speedy.

fast forward to now: super happy eloquentclicks is handling this. can safely say I'll be in.

Offline LaminarDesigns

• General crackhead
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 17 May 2023, 21:00:42 »
Love the weight design.
Please consider EU vendor.
it's 100% going to be mykb so it's a quite easy pass

When you see how efficiently and quickly the closed group buy was fulfilled (I was the vendor myself) you will be surprised. Regardless of which vendors I use I am going to be managing things myself so rest assured, things will be speedy.

fast forward to now: super happy eloquentclicks is handling this. can safely say I'll be in.

Allow me to go on record and say that I will never, in a million years give an ounce of business to mykeyboard.eu again. So yes, thank you for supporting the project, I have always wanted to help bring projects to the EU. EloquentClicks will also be hosting a GB for ISO plates since other regions will not be offering it, I wanted to make sure ISO peeps were covered.

Offline MagicElyas

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 18 May 2023, 09:13:36 »
RESERVED  :p

November 17th Update :

Overall project updates:
  • Beige prototype has arrived, I have built it and all tolerances are perfect, will upload pictures of internals within the coming days (not home for thanksgiving break)
  • R0 units are expected early December, once they arrive and I have completed QC the sale for the extras will happen.
  • Discussion with vendors is ongoing, but EU/NA have been agreed, information to follow.
  • I have added a Topre drop-in kit for Leviatán. Both MX and Topre will be supported with the same case. MX will be plateless as originally intended Topre will be top mount with an FR4 plate.

December 5th update

All the closed group buy units have shipped to me, I should be receiving them this week. Once I have quality checked them all I will compile a list of the available extra units to be sold. Because I do not have the infrastructure to use fancy raffle sites I will just compile the entries on a google forms and invoice the respective winners. My goal is to have the main boards out of my house before Christmas, with the extras sale happening once everyone has received their unit and there are no issues anywhere.

I will keep a fairly large amount of PCBs stocked up so that those with a need for more PCBs can get one. Sagrada is delivering Q1 2023 as well, with the PCB being shared across both projects. This was done to make sure borked PCBs can be replaced easily and cheaply.

I am working with vendors to secure the final group buy information, and I have already implemented topre to the design. More information to come soon.

Looks very sexy, I want one :)

Offline LaminarDesigns

• General crackhead
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 18 May 2023, 09:26:27 »
RESERVED  :p

November 17th Update :

Overall project updates:
  • Beige prototype has arrived, I have built it and all tolerances are perfect, will upload pictures of internals within the coming days (not home for thanksgiving break)
  • R0 units are expected early December, once they arrive and I have completed QC the sale for the extras will happen.
  • Discussion with vendors is ongoing, but EU/NA have been agreed, information to follow.
  • I have added a Topre drop-in kit for Leviatán. Both MX and Topre will be supported with the same case. MX will be plateless as originally intended Topre will be top mount with an FR4 plate.

December 5th update

All the closed group buy units have shipped to me, I should be receiving them this week. Once I have quality checked them all I will compile a list of the available extra units to be sold. Because I do not have the infrastructure to use fancy raffle sites I will just compile the entries on a google forms and invoice the respective winners. My goal is to have the main boards out of my house before Christmas, with the extras sale happening once everyone has received their unit and there are no issues anywhere.

I will keep a fairly large amount of PCBs stocked up so that those with a need for more PCBs can get one. Sagrada is delivering Q1 2023 as well, with the PCB being shared across both projects. This was done to make sure borked PCBs can be replaced easily and cheaply.

I am working with vendors to secure the final group buy information, and I have already implemented topre to the design. More information to come soon.

Looks very sexy, I want one :)

Just wanted to clear a misconception. Topre will not be supported this round. The project had already been nearly finalized and we decided to forego topre for the time being. Please refer to the information on the page for more details on compatibility :D

Offline shendoo

• *RAUGHS*
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 19 May 2023, 09:50:51 »

I have never tested this so I cannot say for sure. With a half plate it should be OK on the mods/keys that are supported but depending on what switch you use the legs may be loose. I suggest trying with a switch or two and seeing how they work. I do not ensure,or support millmaxing the PCB-mounted PCB without a full plate, just so we're clear.

Awesome thanks for the info! Will probably go full on solder then.

Offline hzh0525

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 07 June 2023, 15:05:46 »
Cool!

Offline LaminarDesigns

• General crackhead
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 09 June 2023, 17:30:16 »
06/09/23 update:

Canadian vendor added: DeskHero will be the Canadian vendor for Leviatán!

Offline keepoto

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 09 June 2023, 23:01:41 »
awesome! reserved sufficient funds for the GB

Offline masje

• Your neighborhood keyboard designer.
    • masjewerke
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 11 June 2023, 03:36:04 »
Dual mounting so good ;D ;D ;D

Offline stomaha

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 11 June 2023, 19:05:29 »
Will Leviatan fit an H60 PCB in top mount config?

Offline LaminarDesigns

• General crackhead
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 12 June 2023, 09:21:33 »
Will Leviatan fit an H60 PCB in top mount config?

No. The JST position is different + there are clearance issues with some walls. I will have PCBs in stock as well as CK and other vendors to cover any duds, or people wanting more. No need to worry about PCB shortages.

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 13 June 2023, 14:19:22 »
Is there any chance of the GB happening before July 1st? I just want to know if I can spend this months budget on something else LOL :-D

Please just say "no, July 1st at the earliest but probably mid-July".
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline LaminarDesigns

• General crackhead
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 14 June 2023, 11:20:45 »
Is there any chance of the GB happening before July 1st? I just want to know if I can spend this months budget on something else LOL :-D

Please just say "no, July 1st at the earliest but probably mid-July".

No. The group buy will open July 1st and it will run though July, until the 31st!

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 14 June 2023, 13:10:04 »
The group buy will open July 1st and it will run though July, until the 31st!

\o/

Offline diorite

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 24 June 2023, 15:48:22 »

I can tell you from experience that mill-max even with a full plate, if your plate doesn’t fit your switches tightly enough you can have issues with lots of switches pulling out when changing keycaps. For me personally I would never mill-max a plateless or half-plate build. I think the fact that boards intended to be built this way don’t offer hotswap further backs this up.

Offline diorite

« Reply #88 on: Sat, 24 June 2023, 15:48:48 »
what keycaps are those in the first couple renders?

Offline keenest

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 24 June 2023, 15:51:32 »
Looks like gmk seafarer

Offline diorite

« Reply #90 on: Sat, 24 June 2023, 15:58:41 »
Looks like gmk seafarer

hmmm looks more like teal on cream to me rather than navy on white

Offline LaminarDesigns

• General crackhead
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 26 June 2023, 15:34:14 »

I can tell you from experience that mill-max even with a full plate, if your plate doesn’t fit your switches tightly enough you can have issues with lots of switches pulling out when changing keycaps. For me personally I would never mill-max a plateless or half-plate build. I think the fact that boards intended to be built this way don’t offer hotswap further backs this up.

Yeah absolutely. I had to be very clear that it is NOT supported, even tho some designers have begun doing it; its very unsafe. One keypress at an angle and away goes the switch. As for the keycap set send a ping to @zetina on my server, he can tell you!

Offline J0hnojoheneczko

• Discrod - https://discord.gg/26VvnCBzKZ
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 28 June 2023, 14:02:50 »
I like this weight

Offline Lhviola

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 28 June 2023, 21:50:12 »
Any updates on this?

Offline vhaarr

Offline LaminarDesigns

• General crackhead
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 29 June 2023, 09:09:34 »
Any updates on this?

gb goes live july 1st:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=120681.0

Sincere thanks for updating them, I forgot to edit the IC post with the link to the GB post.

Thank you, kind stranger <3

Offline keepoto

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 29 June 2023, 09:15:14 »
Any updates on this?

gb goes live july 1st:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=120681.0

Sincere thanks for updating them, I forgot to edit the IC post with the link to the GB post.

Thank you, kind stranger <3

np bro

Offline vhaarr

Re: [IC] Leviatán - Plateless 60% -- GB POST LIVE
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 29 June 2023, 12:45:06 »
 :D :D :D

Offline Wise Donkey

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 04 August 2023, 18:31:57 »
I love the aesthetics of the Leviatán. I've tried to get used to 60% but accessing arrow keys through layers slows me down. Is there a possibility of a 65% version in the future?

Offline SDKCAMPING

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 05 August 2023, 01:42:28 »
The wait begins 😅
Blue Gray Ciel 60 with BCPs | E-white 7V (plateless) with Aqua Kings