Author Topic: Filco Majestouch 2 FKBN104M/EB2  (Read 3164 times)

Offline Greg Dron

Filco Majestouch 2 FKBN104M/EB2
« on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 12:06:48 »
So I have been looking for new key caps for this keyboard.

So far I ordered Filco Red MX keys WASD.

Can someone point me in the right direction here , I want pimp out my keyboard but not sacrafice quality for it. Can I use key caps from other vendors such as WASD or am I confined.

If anyone has any great products i can choose from please post a few link etc. I would love a skull esc key or something in that direction.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 12:09:52 »
Welcome to Geek Hack.

Lurk for a few months before buying keycaps. Exception: get in on the Cream Cheese and Green group buy (in the Group Buy section of the forums). It's a screaming deal on one of the nicest looking sets I've seen in a long time.

Your other questions will be answered by reading the wiki and continued lurkage.

*And yes WASDkeyboards' keys will work with your filco.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 12:12:43 »
WASD keycaps are not good, better off getting some cherry double shots

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 12:14:45 »
WASD are fine for inexpensive ABS... especially if you just want blank keys.

Forgot to mention OP -- you may also want to hold off on buying from WASD until they release their PBT keycaps line. Lots of folks around here prefer PBT plastic to ABS plastic.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Greg Dron

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 12:23:29 »
Quote from: sth;571560
Welcome to Geek Hack.

Lurk for a few months before buying keycaps. Exception: get in on the Cream Cheese and Green group buy (in the Group Buy section of the forums). It's a screaming deal on one of the nicest looking sets I've seen in a long time.

Your other questions will be answered by reading the wiki and continued lurkage.

*And yes WASDkeyboards' keys will work with your filco.

I ordered the Cream Cheese base and 10 button numkey extension.

Thanks

Offline Greg Dron

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 12:25:45 »
Quote from: sth;571565
WASD are fine for inexpensive ABS... especially if you just want blank keys.

Forgot to mention OP -- you may also want to hold off on buying from WASD until they release their PBT keycaps line. Lots of folks around here prefer PBT plastic to ABS plastic.

So for the most part I want to lok for PBT key caps, will do thanks.

I have ben reading that the keys are slightly higher than the standard keys that come with the Filco keyboard. How will that affect typing and gaming , I would imagine that if playing starcraft or a FPS that might slow you up a bit. Do you guys have any comment on this note ?