Author Topic: Leopold space bar keycap  (Read 3877 times)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
Leopold space bar keycap
« on: Wed, 22 August 2012, 18:14:21 »
So, I'm well aware that the spacebar on my leopold tenkeyless is nonstandard, but does anyone make them special?  I would definitely go for more customization if I wasn't stuck with a black spacebar...

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: Leopold space bar keycap
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 22 August 2012, 18:20:45 »
If you have a 200R you can get them on taobao, look for the Keycool spacebar, they have dozen colors or so. Also some keycap set from KBC and others have universal which will work. If you have a fullsize you are basically out of luck though.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 22 August 2012, 18:48:42 »
I think that the Profesist will make one for you if you pay him a pittance
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline N8N

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 22 August 2012, 21:15:22 »
Modding space bars is easy if you have a scrap 2x4, an old MY board (or some leftover MX stems) and some 5-minute epoxy...

At some point I probably ought to go back and edit this thread to reload the pics, as they seem to have gotten lost in the forum rebuild.  But if I can do it you can do it too.  All I used was a piece of scrap 2x4, a MY board that was going in the trash anyway, aforementioned epoxy, and a power drill and a set of spade bits so I could glue the MY stems into the board to make my jig.  I did use a Dremel tool to shave off the MY stabilizer junk and to get the posts that I harvested from a pile of old lasered caps to glue onto the caps I was going to save.  Dunno if the text alone gives you the general idea... I will try to find those pics and reload one of these days.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=20990.msg398330#msg398330

I still need to mod another space bar for my Choc Pro...  why are there so many different standards for post spacing?
Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry Corp. doubleshot keys - Leopold Tenkeyless Tactile Force with Wyse doubleshots - Silicon Graphics 9500900 - WASD V1 - IBM Model M 52G9658 - Noppoo Choc Pro with Cherry lasered PBT keycaps - Wyse 900866-01 - Cherry G80-8200LPBUS/07 - Dell AT101W - several Cherry G81s (future doubleshot donors) (order of current preference) (dang I have too many keyboards, I really only need two)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 23 August 2012, 07:58:55 »
I found one from rtan, I'll just order from him.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 30 August 2012, 17:14:44 »
hi, stealing thread a bit - I'm looking for a black PBT spacebar for my leopold tenkeyless with mx browns. anyone got any ideas where to find one? thanks!

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 30 August 2012, 17:50:16 »
i think you're out of luck. somebody please prove me wrong
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 30 August 2012, 18:24:29 »
I have white ones. You'll have to paint it black.
Keyboardless

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 30 August 2012, 23:03:49 »
I have white ones. You'll have to paint it black.
you *have* white ones, for sale? I'm pretty interested, I just am not a huge fan of the feel of ABS keycaps. I have all my keys in ABS except the gosh darn spacebar... if you have one for sale, please PM me - definitely interested even if in white.

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 30 August 2012, 23:23:32 »
It's the universal spacebars I got from CCnG group buy. I'll let you have one. PM me w/ offer. Somebody tried to say I had too many  ;)

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=29325.msg628666#msg628666
Keyboardless

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 30 August 2012, 23:28:37 »
Couldn't you just buy a NOIR/SPACE from the ROUND4 GB?  They are universal.

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 30 August 2012, 23:32:04 »
Oh yeah, forgot about GB4. I ordered a few spherical spacebars for Leopold. See if you can get some...
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 August 2012, 23:37:00 by mmmty »
Keyboardless

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 30 August 2012, 23:33:17 »
It's the universal spacebars I got from CCnG group buy. I'll let you have one. PM me w/ offer. Somebody tried to say I had too many  ;)

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=29325.msg628666#msg628666
I thought those were still ABS?

Would the PBT on one of the new leopold fit, or did they change the spacing on all their models, necessitating a stem move?

I have some few ABS WYSE ones left, as well. I think the colour might be a little different, but probably not as white as leopold (And definitely not black).

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 30 August 2012, 23:49:36 »
It fits on my Typenow Solid which is the only Leopold board I have.
Keyboardless