Author Topic: Are nordic layout keycaps smaller than regular ones? (filco)  (Read 3051 times)

Offline Velma

Are nordic layout keycaps smaller than regular ones? (filco)
« on: Tue, 28 August 2012, 12:13:22 »
I have heard a rumor that many brands use a smaller version of keycaps for their nordic layout to squeeze in the ÅÄÖ without having to make a completley different base. Can anyone Confirm if this is true or BS?
it would be very relevant since if they are the same size i could replace my slightly worn out MT2 keys with an international version of the first generation keycaps, since these are not avaible in nordic and i dont think ill ever have to replace the ÅÄÖ buttons, theyre still in mint condition and it will take a while for me to wear them out since i type almost exclusivley in english when im not at work. I still need the keys to acess some swedish websites of course, but i imagine they dont even recieve 10% as much pressure and use as the rest of the letter keys.

thanks in advance

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: Are nordic layout keycaps smaller than regular ones? (filco)
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 28 August 2012, 12:50:54 »
Maybe on crap domes board they pull reduced keysize nonsense, but on MX it's just a regular ISO layout and MX keycap is all the same, interchangable. I noticed most nordic have 3 legend on those keys also.

I guess most combine those instead of making unique keyset for those 3 language since it is only difference.