geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

Bluetooth mechanical keyboard

<< < (2/3) > >>

YoungMichael88:
I'm happy to see there is a Bluetooth board in the works but for me the reason I would want one would be for portability etc. to me a full size board is quite big and something that you would want to have on a desk anyway. At that point it may as well be wired right?  Oh well its a step in the right direction. As they say beggars can't be choosers.

moonprismpwr:
i'd love this as well because i really hate the clutter of cables around my current set up. i love my choc mini though so unless it could be modded id be sad to have to replace it with another board

Cindori:

--- Quote from: input nirvana on Fri, 12 October 2012, 00:38:29 ---Obviously quite a few of us have been yapping about this for a few years....I think this is the most info I've seen...other than one guy that used a Siig Mini Touch as a source.

Good work. I'd like to see this get followed up. My initial question is can we not lose the Fkey layer?

--- End quote ---

No, since you are using a controller for another board, say Logitech 220 or something, your keyboard will use that firmware, and appear as a Logitech in the operative system.

Dont be fooled to think this is an easy mod. I am on my third year of studying Master in Computer Engineering and I think this mod is hard :p  I originally wanted some plug and play battery driven dongle for the USB socket :/

The KBtalking Pro is not "in the works", it is released.
I have heard rumors that Kbtalking are working on a tkless bluetooth board atm.

Input Nirvana:
I figured it's no easy mod, since many talented people have expressed an interest, and nothing has happened in over 3 years I've been on GH.

1-Webwit in Deskthority has a bluetooth dongle setup with a small car battery under his chair
2-A guy here on GH wired a mini-touch 'into' another physical board...so it shows up with the features of the mini-touch but with the other keyboard as the physical interface.
3-Guy on Keyboardmods.com was wiring up his own collection of parts...dunno whatever happened with him.

That's is. Have not seen anything else.

YoungMichael88:
Thanks for the "input" Nirvana (couldn't resist). At least some people are getting creative with it!  It's beyond my capabilities. I'm not too tech savvy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version