geekhack Community > New Members

Lurking for a long time. Time to write a post.

(1/3) > >>

Windos:
I have been lurking around these forums for a long time now, and thought the arrival of my first mechanical keyboard to be a good excuse to write my first post.

I talked my boss into buying my a keyboard and I ended up with a CM Storm QuickFire Pro (/w MX Browns.) I would have probably preferred a Leopold or Filco, but the pickings are slim in my neck of the woods (New Zealand); the pickings are even slimmer with the stores we have an account with. Regardless, I got the switches I wanted and am truly addicted to these keyboards now.

I just wanted to say that keyboard enthusiasts must be one of the most efficient groups of people out there. I ordered some blank keycaps from WASD Keyboards and they were on my desk within three business day, very nice considering we're used to waiting two or more weeks for overseas orders to arrive.

I asked a question before ordering a key with custom art on it and got a reply within ten minutes. The custom key shipped a few hours after I ordered it. This fast service was also experienced when ordering a set of the Breaking Bad caps from TechKeys.

Looking forward to some of those more "novelty" keys to arrive, but for now this is what I am typing away on:

WhiteFireDragon:
Lucky your boss even bought you a mechanical keyboard. Most Bosses don't just do that; if you want a keyboard, you're getting a cheap membrane one. Did he buy your custom caps too?

WASDkeyboards is a great store, one of the best I've experienced as well. Very responsive and quick with shipping. He actually has deep roots here in the keyboard community, so check out his subforum on here. And i3oilermaker is the owner of techkeys, he was a member on here before he started his small business. He's currently pretty active on this forum, especially running all the group buys.

esoomenona:
Yeah, your boss hooked you up, for sure. I had to pay for my own, and when they found out how much it cost, were shocked. Oh well. Welcome! And post more.

Windos:
The keys were brought by me.

We have it pretty good here as far as purchasing our gear goes. A few people here have those Microsoft Natural 7000 sets, which in NZ at least cost more than my QF Pro. I just wrote up a business case as to why I needed one. I tried most of the membrane keyboards we had on hand here, but as my typing speed increased they were all stating to physically jam on me.

Will be looking at getting a new board for home now...

Computer-Lab in Basement:

And I'm glad you enjoyed your Breaking Bad caps.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version