geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

RE: Marquardt MiniErgo with Cherry Switches?

(1/3) > >>

TheGrey:
Hi all :)

I should be receiving this soon.

I know that this uses Marquardt clear switches, but is it possible to swap them out for delicious cherry mx switches?

FYI, here' a historic geekhack post on the Marquardt mini ergo from lam47:  http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=5395.0

I ask, because I have no idea and have little intention on destroying this stealth fighter plane of a keyboard!  :))

thanks,

TheGrey

SmallFry:
Cool! Never knew that existed. I'm not sure if the pin spacing is the same. Do you have an MX switch on hand?

alaricljs:
Pics in that thread you linked indicate that they are not a match for the MX pin locations.

TheGrey:

--- Quote from: alaricljs on Mon, 03 December 2012, 10:14:28 ---Pics in that thread you linked indicate that they are not a match for the MX pin locations.

--- End quote ---

Aww hell no :(  Otherwise any hope for other types of switches? I am really new...like out of the womb new...is there a way to mod anything to get any other types of switches to work?

Also, I would love to know how you can tell that cherries cannot fix in them.

Thanks!  :)

alaricljs:
Compare this diagram to the pics of the PCB bottom:

The easiest way to tell since we don't have any measurements from your board is the Y dimension offset of the pins on MX switches, your PCB has no Y offset on either set of pins (diode or switch).

That pic is from the Cherry datasheet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version