geekhack Community > New Members

Long-time lurker, first-time poster

(1/1)

TheRavenDog:
I've been a fan of Model M keyboards ever since couple of years ago when I re-discovered my grandfather's PS/2 Model M keyboard.

Sadly, by the time I'd found the promised land of buckling springs, I'd become addicted to the Windows and Menu key.

But recently I've found the solution: build the keyboard you want (or at least assemble the keyboard you want).

So, with all due humility, I present: the Frankenboard Model M.

I've made a few special modification myself:
- I've re-mapped the Insert key to close the current window. Very handy.
- Print Screen, Scroll Lock, Pause have been re-mapped to F13, F14, F15.
- NumLock is always on, and the number pad reflects this.
- NumLock has been re-mapped to Esc. Also very handy.
- CapsLock has been re-mapped to a new modifier key I call "Launch". Sadly I don't have a custom key cap for it... yet.

Tell me what you think...

rowdy:
Welcome to Geekhack!

That's a very custom board!  The purists might jump up and down about this, but I reckon it is cool to make such changes to suit yourself.

TheRavenDog:

--- Quote from: rowdy on Thu, 06 December 2012, 15:14:38 ---Welcome to Geekhack!

That's a very custom board!  The purists might jump up and down about this, but I reckon it is cool to make such changes to suit yourself.

--- End quote ---

Regarding the purists: I have some real guilt about the case modification. The case was from a Model M 1930120 from January 17, 1986! It's was really old (and working) before I modified it.

Then again, now I enjoy it everyday at work.

rowdy:
As long as it is still working, that's the main thing :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version