geekhack Community > Keyboards

*NEW* Unicomp-branded Model M mini is HERE!!!

(1/3) > >>

iMav:
Pics to follow shortly.  But this is the EXACT same keyboard as the original IBM Model M 84-key space saver...right down to the color scheme, removable keycaps, and those great buckling springs!!

This thing is a dream to type on.  And was only $69 (shipping included)...as opposed to$125 + shipping for a 20 year old one from clickykeyboards.  THANK YOU UNICOMP!!!

xsphat:
So it's Unicomp branded, huh? Is it new or did they slap a sticker on a refurb IBM?

iMav:

--- Quote from: xsphat ---So it's Unicomp branded, huh? Is it new or did they slap a sticker on a refurb IBM?
--- End quote ---

Well, there is no Unicomp logo...in fact there is no logo at all.  There is a "blank" where the IBM logo used to go.  This IS the original 84-key space saver Model M manufactured new.  In fact (I just noticed this), the "birth certificate" on the back says it was assembled Aug 28, 2007.  It was assembled FOR ME!!   :)

xsphat:

--- Quote from: iMav ---In fact (I just noticed this), the "birth certificate" on the back says it was assembled Aug 28, 2007.  It was assembled FOR ME!!   :)
--- End quote ---

that is pretty pimpin', dude. I am kind of jealous now.

xsphat:
What kind of connector is it? PS/2 I'm guessing. But is the cord fixed in the back or is there a plug like my 1988 Model M has?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version