Author Topic: Black Blank PBT?  (Read 2377 times)

Offline Stevenator21

Black Blank PBT?
« on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 19:34:22 »
Hello,

I am soon getting a Ducky Shine 3 TKL and I was looking to get a black blank PBT keyset. I have looked around for a while and have not found any.
Can anyone point me in a direction to find some?

Any help is awesome,
Steven
Ducky Shine 3 TKL w/ Browns + White LEDs

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
Re: Black Blank PBT?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 19:35:36 »

Offline Stevenator21

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 19:41:59 »
Here you go

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50935.0

So is the GB pretty much it for blank black PBT? They're not available in an online store anywhere?

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 19:43:29 »
Here you go

So is the GB pretty much it for blank black PBT? They're not available in an online store anywhere?

For cherry profile blank and printed black PBT. Those particular ones would not be available in any store, unless you wait until long after the buy - they may show up on taobao.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 19:43:47 »
Here you go

Pretty much. There *may* be some other places, but not as good quality and/or avalibility.

BTW the GB needs ~ 300 more orders to start

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 19:45:41 »
Other than my groupbuy, there was some lower quality thin OEM profile KBC and Ducky, but I haven't seen anywhere that actually had them in stock for quite a long time.

Offline Stevenator21

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 19:48:27 »
Here you go

Pretty much. There *may* be some other places, but not as good quality and/or avalibility.

BTW the GB needs ~ 300 more orders to start

Okay that would make sense, I think I will buy a set! Also, would the black blanks look good? (Never had a mech so dont know what color combos would look good) Finally, would the Shine LEDs produce an underglow or would the light be more non-existant?

Thanks so much!

Offline Stevenator21

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 19:49:46 »
Other than my groupbuy, there was some lower quality thin OEM profile KBC and Ducky, but I haven't seen anywhere that actually had them in stock for quite a long time.

Yeah I saw those on MechanicalKeyboards.com. I am definitely going to join the groupbuy, if I am not mistaken, you are running it too!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 19:51:51 »
You should get some underglow with Cherry thicks. Depend on backplate and led color how subtle. If everything is black it would very subtle probably.

Offline Stevenator21

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 19:59:19 »
You should get some underglow with Cherry thicks. Depend on backplate and led color how subtle. If everything is black it would very subtle probably.

Sweet! Should I get blacks with the Shine 3 or should I go for a multicolor palette?

Offline WindyDays

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 08:45:46 »
Well 87 Black Blank PBT keycaps aren't that hard to find if you try, though I don't know about profile/thickness.
The only thing I am slightly worried about for the group buy is colour matching a Shine 3, since the colour is referenced from Topre black on blacks.
I have no idea what a Realforce keyboard looks like in real life and photos seem to vary between grey and black, so I'm really not sure.

Offline Stevenator21

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 13:22:40 »
Well 87 Black Blank PBT keycaps aren't that hard to find if you try, though I don't know about profile/thickness.
The only thing I am slightly worried about for the group buy is colour matching a Shine 3, since the colour is referenced from Topre black on blacks.
I have no idea what a Realforce keyboard looks like in real life and photos seem to vary between grey and black, so I'm really not sure.

Thats true, the caps here are more of a dark grey.

Would that go with the Black casing of the Shine 3?