Author Topic: [IC]SA 2600 Keycaps (GB open, Maxkey)  (Read 49769 times)

Offline Macflag

Re: [IC]SA 2600 Keycaps (Update on 15th Jul,Add Ergo kits)
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 12:42:25 »
Any update?

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 18:06:22 »
Have you ever considered consolidating both novelties kits into one? I feel like it'd have a hard time reaching MOQ in its current state.

Offline York Chan

Re: [IC]SA 2600 Keycaps (Update on 21th Jun,Add some keyboards renders)
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 21:42:40 »
Is it possible to have something like the spacebars/keys set a lot of SP sets have?

Show Image

Example from SA Green Screen.

I love split space bar layout which makes use of the 2.25 and 2.75 blanks. Would love to see something like this for Maxkey sets.
Short Space bar have been added to the layout~ :thumb:

Offline York Chan

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 22:19:09 »
Any update on this? Love this set, definitely in for TKL, numpad, and novelties.
Just finished updating ;D

Offline York Chan

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 22:47:03 »
Have you ever considered consolidating both novelties kits into one? I feel like it'd have a hard time reaching MOQ in its current state.
Sorry, I don't quite understand why....

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 06:10:37 »
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it cheaper to get say a big kit rather than having two small kits with the same amount of keys? I'd imagine the majority of people would end up getting both anyways?

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 07:18:36 »
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it cheaper to get say a big kit rather than having two small kits with the same amount of keys? I'd imagine the majority of people would end up getting both anyways?

You are not wrong. But I would only do it if you assume that the majority will want to buy both kits. If not, then you are putting too much extra cost on one party which might make it unappealing to them. For example in SA Green Screen I decided to merge Specialties into the base modifiers, but that turned off a lot of 'normies' that only want basic 60%/TKL coverage and now had to pay 109$/99$ instead of the usual 69$ or so. So in the end the modifiers didn't hit better MOQ's so the 'savings' from merging the kit didn't actually come to fruition.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 September 2018, 07:21:52 by Oblotzky »

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 10:01:37 »

You are not wrong. But I would only do it if you assume that the majority will want to buy both kits. If not, then you are putting too much extra cost on one party which might make it unappealing to them. For example in SA Green Screen I decided to merge Specialties into the base modifiers, but that turned off a lot of 'normies' that only want basic 60%/TKL coverage and now had to pay 109$/99$ instead of the usual 69$ or so. So in the end the modifiers didn't hit better MOQ's so the 'savings' from merging the kit didn't actually come to fruition.

In comparison to the overall MOQs of other kits, I think the MOQs of the combined modifiers + adaptabilities were still inline. Plus for modifiers, different layout would require different kit so I could imagine merging them might not be a brilliant idea (although now when I look back I actually appreciate the consolidation since they still offer some savings although not much.) But for novelties, I'd imagine the majority of people might end up getting both (as you can see with those rama XO caps in some of the recent GB, the sale number of both kits usually end up being the same.) I might be very wrong though, but thats just a suggestion. Regardless which option York Chan end up with, I am still happy to suppport and get either both small kits or one big kit. Feels like we need more SA in the mid of so many GMK GBs.

Edit: Dang also didn't notice this would get manufactured by Maxkey. Both of the sets that I was so hyped up for (Royalty and 2600) got swapped out to Maxkey in the last minute. Not sure how I should feel about this. Would love to see these manufactured by SP but I guess its too late and  decision was already made?
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 September 2018, 10:08:17 by otanishock »

Offline York Chan

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 22:12:25 »

In comparison to the overall MOQs of other kits, I think the MOQs of the combined modifiers + adaptabilities were still inline. Plus for modifiers, different layout would require different kit so I could imagine merging them might not be a brilliant idea (although now when I look back I actually appreciate the consolidation since they still offer some savings although not much.) But for novelties, I'd imagine the majority of people might end up getting both (as you can see with those rama XO caps in some of the recent GB, the sale number of both kits usually end up being the same.) I might be very wrong though, but thats just a suggestion. Regardless which option York Chan end up with, I am still happy to suppport and get either both small kits or one big kit. Feels like we need more SA in the mid of so many GMK GBs.

Edit: Dang also didn't notice this would get manufactured by Maxkey. Both of the sets that I was so hyped up for (Royalty and 2600) got swapped out to Maxkey in the last minute. Not sure how I should feel about this. Would love to see these manufactured by SP but I guess its too late and  decision was already made?

First of all, thank you very much for supportting my design.
If 2600 is manufactured by Maxkey, the total price of two separated novel kits will not much higher than one combined kit. Since the cost of a single novel kit is about $20, combining two novel kits will not bring much benefits. But I think the design of seperated kits could offer more choices.
The 2600 R1 GB is just a beginning. I will continue to update this idea and the design. We will see what happens.

Offline beekey

Re: [IC]SA 2600 Keycaps (Update on 11th Sept.,All layouts are adjusted, Maxkey)
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 00:36:38 »
Good luck with the R1. With Maxkey I'm out, just does not look as good IMHO.
Looking forward to R2 from SP. ;)
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 September 2018, 05:41:55 by beekey »

Offline japanitrat

« Reply #110 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 03:45:52 »
If this is going to Maxkey, I am out as well.

Offline Macflag

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 05:06:45 »
If this is going to Maxkey, I am out as well.
Same here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 05:55:49 »
Yea probably out this round as well if the final manufacturer is Maxkey. Best of luck with the GB though!

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #113 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 08:07:43 »
Maxkey did Great with SA Calm Depths. Quality was very high.

Offline japanitrat

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 14:03:59 »

Quality might be high but the surface finish of SP is still better. Maxkey's matte finish is just meh.

Offline ProtonDecay

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 22:48:50 »
I really wish more kits did R2 novelties. It would be great for ortho boards instead of the 40% kit (and way more interesting than a bunch of blanks).

Has MaxKey considered doing Colevrak?

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 23:57:38 »
Quality might be high but the surface finish of SP is still better. Maxkey's matte finish is just meh.

what matte is so nice tho

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 02:34:24 »

100% agreed, kind of disappointed that this will be maxkey.

Offline York Chan

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 03:24:06 »

SP doesn't seem to have the same gloss surface...

Offline wgsunrise

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 00:23:20 »
Seeing a lot of people who's going to back off from this set because it will be made by Maxkey.
I just want to say that this lovely color scheme has definitely lured me which makes me wanna buy a profile that I don't really in to it and being willing to purchase the product from a less promised manufacturer.
A absolute purchase for me, definitely.  ;)
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 September 2018, 00:27:18 by wgsunrise »

Offline japanitrat

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 03:02:06 »

Huh. SP has more of a smooth finish than Maxkey (therefore glossy sooner). At least all sets that I have.

Maxkey looks more dull in my experience due to the finish being more  matte. Maybe it's the ABS mixture they're using. Not sure. All I perceive is that Maxkey feels and looks less nice.

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 06:43:34 »

Huh. SP has more of a smooth finish than Maxkey (therefore glossy sooner). At least all sets that I have.

Maxkey looks more dull in my experience due to the finish being more  matte. Maybe it's the ABS mixture they're using. Not sure. All I perceive is that Maxkey feels and looks less nice.

Agreed on this, was going to say the same thing. maxkey is matte and dry compared to SP, which is my primary reason for preferring SP

Offline York Chan

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 23:15:36 »

Agreed on this, was going to say the same thing. maxkey is matte and dry compared to SP, which is my primary reason for preferring SP
203956-0
The SP suite I have is basically long and short keys do not have the same roughness.But Maxkey can at least achieve a uniform matte surface.And Maxkey is willing to add more Kit, so this is a new attempt.Thanks u~ :thumb:

Offline York Chan

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 23:17:57 »
Seeing a lot of people who's going to back off from this set because it will be made by Maxkey.
I just want to say that this lovely color scheme has definitely lured me which makes me wanna buy a profile that I don't really in to it and being willing to purchase the product from a less promised manufacturer.
A absolute purchase for me, definitely.  ;)
Thank u very much ;D~

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 06:51:27 »

(Attachment Link)
The SP suite I have is basically long and short keys do not have the same roughness.But Maxkey can at least achieve a uniform matte surface.And Maxkey is willing to add more Kit, so this is a new attempt.Thanks u~ :thumb:

I have the maxkey WoB set and I really like it, a full size SA set almost the same quality as SP for 99$. This is good news for anyone hoping the set will be more affordable, with more compatibility.

Offline supernova

• discord channel
Re: [IC]SA 2600 Keycaps (Update on 23th Dec, Add some 'return' key, Maxkey)
« Reply #125 on: Sun, 23 December 2018, 04:12:43 »
灰常好,快点开团。 ;D ;D ;D

Offline poolside

« Reply #126 on: Sun, 23 December 2018, 07:23:48 »
Has the novelty kit ever included more than one R1 keycap (full number row replacement)? I did not save the old kit mockups and I can't remember now.

Offline York Chan

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 02:22:05 »
灰常好,快点开团。 ;D ;D ;D
很快了,小老哥 :thumb:

Offline York Chan

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 02:25:51 »
Has the novelty kit ever included more than one R1 keycap (full number row replacement)? I did not save the old kit mockups and I can't remember now.
There's a row of novel keys, but I haven't posted them yet.Because it is Maxkey this time, some cuts will be made, and the price will be very affordable.

Offline poolside

Re: [IC]SA 2600 Keycaps (Update on 21th Dec, Update the sample, Maxkey)
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 04:58:36 »
Interesting, thanks.

Offline grizzly_teddy

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 14:26:56 »
You know, I also wanted this from SP - but I know with Maxkey comes a shorter turnaround time, and also a better price. $80 for full base + ergo? That's great. The color scheme is beautiful. Can't wait to pick this one up.
> The way GH looks now, to a regular person, it screams, "Oh dang, this is one of **those** sites for really devoted and weird people".

Offline qq

• A daydreamer of possibilities
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 16:52:38 »
Has Maxkey recently updated their compatibility? Now I am seeing Ergo, ISO and spacekeys supports with very attractive prices  :eek:. That is indeed a very good move. Do Maxkey sets still suffer the issue of the bold "1 !" cap?

Offline York Chan

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 20:24:39 »
You know, I also wanted this from SP - but I know with Maxkey comes a shorter turnaround time, and also a better price. $80 for full base + ergo? That's great. The color scheme is beautiful. Can't wait to pick this one up.
China has started selling.
Global purchasing channels are now being further confirmed.

Offline York Chan

« Reply #133 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 20:33:28 »
Has Maxkey recently updated their compatibility? Now I am seeing Ergo, ISO and spacekeys supports with very attractive prices  :eek:. That is indeed a very good move. Do Maxkey sets still suffer the issue of the bold "1 !" cap?
I'm sorry, Maxkey gave me feedback that it won't be fixed right away.

Offline qq

• A daydreamer of possibilities
Re: [IC] MAXKEY SA 2600 Keycaps
« Reply #134 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 00:33:16 »
This set looks amazing, I hope there is a GB, would definitely buy.

Keep up the good work!!!!!

The GB has already opened at https://kbdfans.cn/collections/new-arrival/products/gb-maxkey-x?variant=22046509170736 . I guess York Chan should open a GB thread  :)

Offline JustSayBoot

Re: [IC]SA 2600 Keycaps (Update on 18th Jan,GB is coming soon, Maxkey)
« Reply #135 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 20:55:05 »
Just ordered base, bfn short spacebar and non-standard looking to put it on a split 65% build I'm about to do.