Author Topic: Truly Ergonomic Vs. Smartfish Engage  (Read 4786 times)

Offline cypherslock

Truly Ergonomic Vs. Smartfish Engage
« on: Thu, 24 February 2011, 10:03:39 »
Ok, so I bought Smartfish's whirl mouse and love it. I currently have the MS 400 natural, which is now starting to stick at various points. I've been waiting for the Engage to be back in stock, and while I was, I happened to hear about Truly Ergonomic's keyboard that is as yet not released. My question is: which would you choose? The Engage is slightly cheaper and I DO like the fact that it repositions your hands. But the TE is smaller. I'm not sure how comfortable it would be either.

Now, I ask the above because in a month or so I will be kicking out 2,000 articles per month. While I have, use and love the most current edition of Dragon, I know there will be times where I can't use my voice or just want to give it a rest. Based on that, what would you all say?

Thanks for taking the time,
Cypher
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 February 2011, 10:06:11 by cypherslock »

Offline rantenki

• http://armyofevilrobots.com/
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 24 February 2011, 15:43:32 »
Quote from: cypherslock;300309
Ok, so I bought Smartfish's whirl mouse and love it. I currently have the MS 400 natural, which is now starting to stick at various points. I've been waiting for the Engage to be back in stock, and while I was, I happened to hear about Truly Ergonomic's keyboard that is as yet not released. My question is: which would you choose? The Engage is slightly cheaper and I DO like the fact that it repositions your hands. But the TE is smaller. I'm not sure how comfortable it would be either.

Now, I ask the above because in a month or so I will be kicking out 2,000 articles per month. While I have, use and love the most current edition of Dragon, I know there will be times where I can't use my voice or just want to give it a rest. Based on that, what would you all say?

Thanks for taking the time,
Cypher

TE has been pushed back a month, every month, since October or so. Whatever the reason, that thing ain't shipping, and it would be foolish to count on it.

You should bank on the company that actually ships, which would be either the Smartfish (risky, as it is new, but probably actually going to happen), or the MS4000, which is mushy and disposable, but well laid out, and available right now.

p.s. Looks like smartfish sold out: http://www.getsmartfish.com/ErgoMotion-Keyboard-w-Anti-Fatigue-Comfort-Motion_p_8.html

Offline cypherslock

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 24 February 2011, 16:20:27 »
That's what I figured from the threads I've seen here. I already use Smartfish's mouse and love it. And I've got a rapport with the product manager, so I think even though it is BIG, I'll go with my first choice and get their keyboard also. Joseph told me that a new batch would be ready for shipping mid march and they're usually spot on about these things.

Curious though: how can TE take payment and not get nailed for not shipping the product?

Offline neo

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 24 February 2011, 17:03:01 »
Quote from: cypherslock;300483
Curious though: how can TE take payment and not get nailed for not shipping the product?

My guess it will be impossible to find the person behind TE when the faith runs out. It's a pure sham. Pity, as TE looks so nice...

Offline cypherslock

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 24 February 2011, 17:12:27 »
How do you know it is a sham? Smartfish had the same issue with pushing it back from summer to winter and finally to December. But it is out. I'm just curious. I'm new and want the "skinny" (or is that 411?). :)

Offline neo

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 24 February 2011, 19:39:09 »
Quote from: cypherslock;300516
How do you know it is a sham? Smartfish had the same issue with pushing it back from summer to winter and finally to December. But it is out. I'm just curious. I'm new and want the "skinny" (or is that 411?). :)

He repeatedly promised delivery "next month" i.e. very close, and yet there is not a single real picture of that keyboard (even a prototype) anywhere on the web. All the pictures are 3D renderings, except of a switch close up shot which could easily come from another keyboard.

Maybe at some point he indeed intended to produce that keyboard, I don't know. But it looks like all he did so far are some very nice 3D renderings.

Offline shrap

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 25 February 2011, 01:30:08 »
Quote from: cypherslock;300516

We know Smartfish exists because they have released other products. TE hasn't. Big difference.

Offline cypherslock

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 02 March 2011, 16:28:57 »
Thanks guys! I think I WILL in fact go with my first choice. I can't yet justify over $300 (let's not for get tax and shipping) for the Advantage. And I do trust Smartfish based on previous results. Thanks for taking the time to explain the whole TE thing to me. Looking at the site in details, you're right they are all renders. I did see the update posted here, and I'm not convinced still. Pre-production. That says to me that they are not ready yet. No thanks!

Offline kill will

• http://www.jerseyshoredailies.com
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 02 March 2011, 19:33:41 »
I just talked to Jim at Unicomp and he ASSURED me the mini ssk will be out in about 1.17 months.
I <3 BS

Offline cypherslock

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 02 March 2011, 21:52:42 »
I'm happy you have faith in us Canucks. :)