Author Topic: [IC] SP-Star's D82 - A Premium Gasket Mounted TKL With a Big Ol' Screen  (Read 6567 times)

Offline kahlilnc

• KNC Keys LLC
Greetings,

Please feel free to fill in the IC Form to help us gauge interest in the D82. Check down below for specifications! Our IC Form

2.5-inch LCD Screen (240mm x 320mm)
Screen Usage Examples
Plays GIFs, static images & text, display GPU & CPU usage, clock, time & date, as well as music.

Typing Test:

Colors:
* E-White (50)
* Black (50)

Photo Dump: Photo Dump

Group Buy Information:

GB Price: Tentatively $450 plus free shipping CONUS only

*Price is high, due to material costs being high

GB Time: Tentatively Late January into mid-Feb or until we reach the MOQ

MOQ: 100 Units

Shipping Time: Q1-Q2(at the latest) 2023

PCB/Layout:
+Hotswap only
+1.6mm thick
+Winkey (6.25u spacebar)
+ANSI Support
+Plate-mount stabilizer support (optional)
+No other options or support are offered unless we can reach a MOQ of 200.

Specs:
+Typing angle: 6.5 degrees
+20mm front height
+PVD silver aluminum external weight
+Silicone sock gasket mounted
+CNC aluminum case
+PC plate (plate file will be available at GB launch.)
+Caps lock indicator
+Size: 385mm\*160mm\*19.5mm
+Kit weight: 8 lbs while built

Kit Includes:
+Aluminum top and bottom case
+Kailh Hotswap PCB
+Stainless steel PVD weight
+PC plate
+Poron Plate Foam
+Poron PCB Foam (Similar to PE foam mod)
+Poron Case Foam

If you have any questions, feel free to join our Discord

D82 Product Page

V/R,

Kahlil @ KNC Keys
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 December 2022, 13:15:00 by kahlilnc »

Offline Rafa_n

Re: [IC] SP-Star's D82 - A Premium Gasket Mounted TKL With a Big Ol' Screen
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 10 December 2022, 15:44:48 »
$450 for a basic TKL with a forced hotswap pcb and forced normie bottom row, not good

Offline epicdesk.shop

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 10 December 2022, 16:02:45 »
I know the screen probably adds a lot to you guys cost, but I'd do without the screen. If it was like $350 I think it'd be more manageable.

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 11 December 2022, 05:00:15 »
what are the layout options? I need to basically interpret everything into it.
"+winkey (6.25u spacebar)"
does that mean that 7u is avail and you guys added 6.25? or does that mean that its 6.25 wk only?
"+ ansi support"
so we already have iso? why plus? as far as I know that tells me that ansi got added meaning iso was the default.

20mm front height. great what front height? adjusted front?
cnc alu. nice. what alu are we talking about? 6061? 6063? or even the 50 series? idk.
btw why are you using metric in one line and in the other one you use imperial? please choose one system when you give specs about your board.
this is is so minimum effort and leaves so much room to interpretation that Im not even sure what I should think of it.

I mean all my questions could have been answered with a screenshot from KLE and a technical drawing showing me the specs. Look at the poison tkl if you want to know what I mean by technical drawing and look at any other IC that show their layout support.

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 11 December 2022, 13:54:05 »
Zero choices and $450 price tag just makes this seem arrogant. I get that screens are a fad that you want to capitalise on, but there's not a lot being offered here for a high price. Anyone who'd need any of the cluster of keys you've axed would be understandably put off by this.

"+ ansi support"
so we already have iso? why plus? as far as I know that tells me that ansi got added meaning iso was the default.

I think they're using the plus symbol as a stylised bulletpoint. Hotswap ANSI and 6.25u WK bottom row is how I intepret the specs.

Offline kahlilnc

• KNC Keys LLC
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 11 December 2022, 14:14:29 »
Zero choices and $450 price tag just makes this seem arrogant. I get that screens are a fad that you want to capitalise on, but there's not a lot being offered here for a high price. Anyone who'd need any of the cluster of keys you've axed would be understandably put off by this.

"+ ansi support"

I think they're using the plus symbol as a stylised bulletpoint. Hotswap ANSI and 6.25u WK bottom row is how I intepret the specs.
I know the screen probably adds a lot to you guys cost, but I'd do without the screen. If it was like $350 I think it'd be more manageable.
$450 for a basic TKL with a forced hotswap pcb and forced normie bottom row, not good
I practice 100% transparency with my Discord server and won't shy away from it here. My net profit margin is ~25%, that is if I somehow avoid paying Tariffs (25%). But with something this large it may be hard to do so.

I did state in the OP that further customization would be possible if we were to reach a MOQ of 200. Really hoping we can do so! SP-Star/QTUO Studios are the ones who designed the keyboard. I will continue to share the feedback I get from all the platforms with them, hoping they will budge on offering me a better price/layout choices.

what are the layout options? I need to basically interpret everything into it.
"+winkey (6.25u spacebar)"
does that mean that 7u is avail and you guys added 6.25? or does that mean that its 6.25 wk only?
"+ ansi support"

20mm front height. great what front height? adjusted front?
cnc alu. nice. what alu are we talking about? 6061? 6063? or even the 50 series? idk.
btw why are you using metric in one line and in the other one you use imperial? please choose one system when you give specs about your board.
this is is so minimum effort and leaves so much room to interpretation that Im not even sure what I should think of it.

I mean all my questions could have been answered with a screenshot from KLE and a technical drawing showing me the specs. Look at the poison tkl if you want to know what I mean by technical drawing and look at any other IC that show their layout support.

The + was used as a bullet as aicyborg said. I couldn't find a way to center bullets using BB...
I will request a drawing show specs.