Author Topic: Post your Duckies!  (Read 250066 times)

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
Re: Post your Duckies!
« Reply #350 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 09:08:32 »
Current Photo after I painted/dipped the case with True Metallics Plasti Dip Aluminum Silver:
Show Image

it's cool man :thumb:
ouhh that Bob :p

Offline whiteduck

« Reply #351 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 09:15:20 »
Current Photo after I painted/dipped the case with True Metallics Plasti Dip Aluminum Silver:
Show Image

that's HOT!

here's mine!

-wd

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #352 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 18:01:10 »
Show Image

That one's nice - very nice :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Stevenator21

« Reply #353 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 09:09:48 »
Show Image

Dayum! That is a VERY nice keyboard.
Ducky Shine 3 TKL w/ Browns + White LEDs

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #354 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 09:58:37 »
Thanks guys!  Thinking of a custom cable next. :cool:

@whiteduck: Sweet clacks!  They look cool...you could say they're minty cool! ;) Anyway, is that the side-printed PBT set?  The caps lock isn't windowed?

@Stevenator21: Time to go grab a set of gray keycaps for your future Shine 3! :thumb:

Offline Stevenator21

« Reply #355 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 10:03:12 »
@Stevenator21: Time to go grab a set of gray keycaps for your future Shine 3! :thumb:

Its actually very funny you would say that! I am planning on getting a Shine 3 TKL for Christmas, and I was browsing this thread for Customization Ideas last night. I saw your post on the first page of this thread, and have decided to change LED color to White From Blue and buy the Grey Keycaps!

I was looking at buying them from here.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
« Reply #356 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 10:54:01 »

Its actually very funny you would say that! I am planning on getting a Shine 3 TKL for Christmas, and I was browsing this thread for Customization Ideas last night. I saw your post on the first page of this thread, and have decided to change LED color to White From Blue and buy the Grey Keycaps!

Awesome choice! :thumb:

Oh and be sure to check out the LED Color Changer Cover GB: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51126

Offline Stevenator21

« Reply #357 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 11:15:40 »

Oh and be sure to check out the LED Color Changer Cover GB: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51126

Those work with the Ducky Keycaps? If so I might buy a set of most colors :p

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
« Reply #358 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 11:42:25 »

Those work with the Ducky Keycaps? If so I might buy a set of most colors :p

Looks like it.  PadawanGeek has some on his Shine 3 YOTS: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33155.msg1139210#msg1139210

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #359 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 01:45:52 »
My new Ducky :)

49763-0

Wow
Such yellow
Very shine
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #360 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 01:55:26 »

(Attachment Link)

Wow
Such yellow
Very shine

Man that is sweet.  I love the red/orange plate with the yellow.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
« Reply #361 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 02:32:39 »

(Attachment Link)

Wow
Such yellow
Very shine

Nice rowdy!

Very yellow!  Quack!  Quack! :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #362 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 03:08:02 »
Thanks guys!

With the backlighting on, the plate looks more yellow than anything.

Off:

49773-0

Minimal lighting:

49775-1

Maximum lighting:

49777-2

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #363 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 13:29:26 »
Uh huh.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #364 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 18:26:29 »
Uh huh.

Sweet :)

My 7yo daughter loves the backlighting modes - especially marquee modes.  She wants one of these now.

Offline tbc

« Reply #365 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 21:01:59 »
^ ripple backlighting and ripples chips for lyfe :P
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #366 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 07:36:27 »
Went to the local tech mall to buy a couple of surge protectors for my rigs, saw that my fave gaming peripheral shop has stock of DS3 MX Green. Couldn't help myself, the pull of Green was just too strong for me, my third DS3! :thumb:

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #367 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 04:55:37 »
My Ducky DK9008, which is the first mech board I bought, back in 2011. Cherry MX Blues (sky blue). Stock caps except those red ones, which I added for flare  :cool:

Click on this link for more info, and pics:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45475.msg1187690#msg1187690

Offline GeorgeStorm

« Reply #368 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 05:42:42 »
My first mechanical keyboard:

Ducky TKL with blues. Really nice board, only eventually sold it because I wanted to try other boards/switches and couldn't justify/afford to keep it as well.
I currently use a Quickfire Rapid at work but I am temped to sell it and get a Ducky, they're just so nice!
Poker with blacks
My flickr

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #369 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 06:29:30 »
My third mechanical keyboard was this Ducky 9008 G2 Pro with mx red switches. I gave it to my wife for her job, her first mechanical and she loves it. She is a heavy user that would wear-out typical rubber dome, membranes in about 6 to 9 months. The Ducky is going strong after a year only the caps were getting worn. I replaced them with some GMK doubleshots (not pictured) and she should be happy for years. I still miss that Ducky.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #370 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 14:20:15 »
My first mechanical keyboard:
Show Image

Ducky TKL with blues. Really nice board, only eventually sold it because I wanted to try other boards/switches and couldn't justify/afford to keep it as well.
I currently use a Quickfire Rapid at work but I am temped to sell it and get a Ducky, they're just so nice!

My third mechanical keyboard was this Ducky 9008 G2 Pro with mx red switches. I gave it to my wife for her job, her first mechanical and she loves it. She is a heavy user that would wear-out typical rubber dome, membranes in about 6 to 9 months. The Ducky is going strong after a year only the caps were getting worn. I replaced them with some GMK doubleshots (not pictured) and she should be happy for years. I still miss that Ducky.

Loving these older Ducky boards :D Recently all we're seeing are the Shines :P

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #371 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 14:42:29 »
Loving these older Ducky boards :D Recently all we're seeing are the Shines :P

Soak it in and enjoyyyy because soon all you'll be seeing is an influx of premiers  :thumb:

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #372 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 20:00:42 »

shine III back from the dead :D

*bonus extra greasy spacebar!
sell out and eat ass

Offline osi

« Reply #373 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 20:18:51 »
Show Image

Is that you girl with the pizza grease again?  ;D

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #374 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 20:30:36 »
Show Image

Is that you girl with the pizza grease again?  ;D

She doesn't respect keyboards  :'(
sell out and eat ass

Offline luis911

« Reply #375 on: Wed, 19 February 2014, 21:52:31 »
My Ducky duck.  :thumb:
Check out my website FDMPrints.org

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #376 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 01:41:14 »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #377 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 01:43:16 »
Show Image

Damn your setup looks nice man

Offline Sniping

« Reply #378 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 01:43:26 »
Great combo with the CLG mouse!

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #379 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 01:47:41 »
Thanks, it's been a long time comin' :D

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #380 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 21:15:27 »
Got another ducky!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #381 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 21:27:21 »
My 9008 G2 with a naked numpad
55640-0
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
« Reply #382 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 22:20:06 »
Got another ducky!

Nice!  Are the LEDs magenta?  Also, what flavor switches did you go for?
________

My 9008 G2 with a naked numpad
(Attachment Link)
Looks like it's time to buy a Miami numpad! ;)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #383 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 22:28:45 »
Got another ducky!

For now its got stock blacks and magenta but my plan is for it to have clears and some assorted led's

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
« Reply #384 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 22:34:25 »
Got another ducky!

For now its got stock blacks and magenta but my plan is for it to have clears and some assorted led's

Get some clear switch top covers to add to the awesome!

Offline n2k

• plasticchair
    • donate skins pls
« Reply #385 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 14:45:46 »
Ducky Mini. Work in progress since I'm still waiting for switches and a case. I also need to solder the LEDs if I should ever be motivated enough.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #386 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 01:16:58 »
Ducky Yellow edition, but I'm still not sure about the orange/yellow mix ...

56075-0

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #387 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 21:21:27 »
Rowdy, I'm jealous.

Offline luis911

« Reply #388 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 23:15:41 »
Dope or nope?  :thumb:

Check out my website FDMPrints.org

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #389 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 23:22:46 »
Rowdy, I'm jealous.

I'm still not sold on the orange/yellow combination.

I like yellow, and orange too, but together?  The jury is still out ...

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #390 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 23:35:32 »

Show Image

Show Image

It's growing on me.  Not sure how I feel about it still.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #391 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 23:44:00 »
Looks so much like a keyboard I briefly had that I used to try on these keycaps :D 
More

- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #392 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 20:28:21 »
I'm really liking it...
I want to paint my board one day lol.

Show Image

Show Image

It's growing on me.  Not sure how I feel about it still.
Dope.

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #393 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 16:16:20 »
Am I the only one who hasn't remove this sticker?

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #394 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 16:34:46 »

Ermygawd peel it!!! :p
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #395 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 16:45:51 »

My Ducky DK9008 with Blues is my first mechanical keyboard (over 2 years ago), and I still have my sticker on it :P

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #396 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 16:54:38 »
First time I see this thread. Here's my three Duckies. :)

FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #397 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 17:22:15 »

All my keyboards still have their stickers!

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #398 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 17:23:02 »

All my keyboards still have their stickers!

Same here. :P Didn't even cross my mind to take them off.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #399 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 18:17:55 »
I kind of don't want to peel it, although it might feel really good to peel it... Like a new phone and you peel that screen protector off of it.