Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2774647 times)

Offline funkmon

Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #7100 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 23:31:09 »
You're a maniac. I'm considering doing this at my job though we don't have set desks and hypothetically anyone could use mine and steal my amazing keyboard. It'll have to be some POS I won't mind losing. Any ideas? Can't look too gamery.

Offline hvontres

• Buckling Spring Enthusiast - Full Size Evangelist
« Reply #7101 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 23:56:56 »
You're a maniac. I'm considering doing this at my job though we don't have set desks and hypothetically anyone could use mine and steal my amazing keyboard. It'll have to be some POS I won't mind losing. Any ideas? Can't look too gamery.
There is always this abomination:
Henry von Tresckow

1986 Model M 1390131, 1987 Model M 1391401 , 1993 Model M2 Modded Reddragon k556(Test Mule) Boston Prototype x2 (Daily Drivers :) )

Offline cest73

« Reply #7102 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 05:41:02 »
Show Image

It would be even more true if it replaced "Shift" text with "Shaft" IMHO
Just my 2c

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7103 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 14:20:08 »

Wait for Matias boards to go back down to $30-50 each on Ebay, or buy a "defective" one straight from them?

Show Image

I imagine he wants to draw the line at usable/enjoyable but of no real value. Whatever that thing is, it belongs in a woodchipper.

Offline cthalupa

« Reply #7104 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 02:13:59 »
Show Image

Someone might steal it just so they could throw it away and not have to ever see it again. They'd be doing everyone a favor.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #7105 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 08:33:16 »
Finally finished building my NK65EE Watermelon, built with LF Gat x Mito laserons (70g version).  So happy with the feel and glad i pushed through to finish lubing and filming these (almost gave up and was going to just put them back together).  Currently running a set of JTK Rainy Day on it for now till I find a set I want - would love a set of GMK Stealth for it, or at least the NK_ Vaporwave cap set. (Need to get a shot of it completed still - will do once I get back home)

Fully built with temp JTK Rainy Day
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 March 2021, 08:33:42 by Darthbaggins »

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7106 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 13:37:42 »
Show Image

Someone might steal it just so they could throw it away and not have to ever see it again. They'd be doing everyone a favor.

I imagine that's a very real possibility.

Finally finished building my NK65EE Watermelon, built with LF Gat x Mito laserons (70g version).  So happy with the feel and glad i pushed through to finish lubing and filming these (almost gave up and was going to just put them back together).  Currently running a set of JTK Rainy Day on it for now till I find a set I want - would love a set of GMK Stealth for it, or at least the NK_ Vaporwave cap set. (Need to get a shot of it completed still - will do once I get back home)
Show Image

That looks great.  :thumb: Those NK65s look more and more tempting every day. They don't sell those carrying cases separately, do they?

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #7107 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 14:46:35 »
Nope, but for the total price it's not a bad deal and the case is pretty nice.  Overall the board was definitely worth it and I was skeptical on the Watermelon colorway over the Purple, but I'm really liking it as it does seem to go well w/ the colors on the Rainy Day set.  I would hope Dixie/Omni come out with their cases again (really nice for the moolah).

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #7108 on: Sun, 28 March 2021, 14:30:05 »
ABKO K935P V2! Team Topre clone! Team 45g, silenced upstroke, cherry profile, cherry stem, TKL goodness!

Team thock, representing.

side note; i got my buddy to get himself a real keyboard finally. He's got an MX Red 60% Royal Kuldge 2 now. And he seems to like it.

« Last Edit: Mon, 29 March 2021, 21:56:24 by lazerpointer »
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline funkmon

« Reply #7109 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 21:17:11 »
Have you used a proper Topre? How's this one feel compared to the realio dealio?

I'm using an F122 I bought from xmit.

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #7110 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 21:21:34 »
Kyria with U4T Boba this week

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #7111 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 22:00:41 »
Have you used a proper Topre? How's this one feel compared to the realio dealio?

I'm using an F122 I bought from xmit.

Yes. Years ago, I had an HHKB as well as a Realforce 87U. I can't tell a difference, except my Topre boards were non-silenced and this board is silenced.

I traded off the Topre boards shortly after buying, because I was still going through my "switch testing" phase at the time.

Nice model F man, they don't make them like that anymore :thumb: Really tempted to get a Unicomp SSK.... I love buckling springs.
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline JucheCatgirlTS

« Reply #7112 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 15:53:33 »
Just finished my Freyr TKL, Boba U4Ts on a POM plate with OG doubleshots and GMK RGB mods, soooo good. The split backspace keys are just placeholders, gonna put either GMK WoB or Classic Retro on this one once they arrive.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7113 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 11:43:34 »
Just finished my Freyr TKL, Boba U4Ts on a POM plate with OG doubleshots and GMK RGB mods, soooo good. The split backspace keys are just placeholders, gonna put either GMK WoB or Classic Retro on this one once they arrive.

Looks good. Is this a common theme for you? Seems like the last board you posted on here was pretty similarly-themed.

I figured this could use another bump, so have the random "quiet click" V80 I got on Ebay and swapped into a gray Aliexpress aluminum case. I thought the gray would be darker, but I had the Tai-Hao tomcat caps just lying around anyway (mostly just since just finding any variation of Alps caps in stock at all is kind of like collecting Pokemon).

266033-0

I still have yet to find a single board with Gaote-manufactured Matias switches that has any problems whatsoever in my use.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 April 2021, 11:50:19 by Maledicted »

Offline cest73

« Reply #7114 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 16:19:59 »
Tomcat looks beautiful IMHO - that pics color profile does it no justice

can't wait my materials arrive so i further my build

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7115 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 17:12:41 »
Tomcat looks beautiful IMHO - that pics color profile does it no justice

can't wait my materials arrive so i further my build

I like it, but I'm not a huge fan of blue and/or lighter grays and silvers. More of a black and red kind of person.

Offline MelonBred

« Reply #7116 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 00:46:50 »
Been swapping between my MB-44 and Phoenix45. Looking forward to some group buys to ship though. Specifically the SPmini.

Offline Arch4Life

« Reply #7117 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 02:34:23 »
having fun with this or a week now lol
http://imgur.com/gallery/pefbmhO

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #7118 on: Fri, 09 April 2021, 18:50:27 »

gh60 in a kbdfans tray to test out a batch of switches, actually feels really nice, almost beat my personal best in 15s lol. i should probably replace with a hotswap pcb though since i basically only use it to test switches.
I love Elzy

Offline cmdshft

« Reply #7119 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 23:10:27 »

tofu65 alum purple
dz65rgb v2
gat ink black v2 (NK films + 205g0)
polycarb plate
durock v2 stabs (spacerbar full 205g0, others xht-bdz on wires, 205g0 on stem housings)
KBDFans stab pads
NovelKeys_ PBT Notion (ordered GMK Nightshade but wont come until early 2022 ETA)
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 April 2021, 23:19:59 by cmdshft »

« Reply #7120 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 00:02:42 »
Currently, I’m using a Chicony 5181 with Monterey switches. I was using a Hi-Tek 725 keyboard, but I switched over to this to see how I feel about it.

At least, until I sell them both to fund a nice Wyse case for my BOX Navies. Sacrifices must be made for the good of keyboardkind. ;)
Nice.

Offline DELLA KEY

• Formerly 'AFA STUDIO'
« Reply #7121 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 21:23:10 »
I'm using Titan SE right now!

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7122 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 21:53:32 »
gh60 in a kbdfans tray to test out a batch of switches, actually feels really nice, almost beat my personal best in 15s lol. i should probably replace with a hotswap pcb though since i basically only use it to test switches.

What's that above it? One of the aluminum Aliexpress boat anchor cases? If so, what have you got in it?

tofu65 alum purple
dz65rgb v2
gat ink black v2 (NK films + 205g0)
polycarb plate
durock v2 stabs (spacerbar full 205g0, others xht-bdz on wires, 205g0 on stem housings)
KBDFans stab pads
NovelKeys_ PBT Notion (ordered GMK Nightshade but wont come until early 2022 ETA)

Looks good. Kind of reminds me of one of those corny colorful 90s kids keyboards, just done tastefully instead.  :thumb:

Currently, I’m using a Chicony 5181 with Monterey switches. I was using a Hi-Tek 725 keyboard, but I switched over to this to see how I feel about it.

At least, until I sell them both to fund a nice Wyse case for my BOX Navies. Sacrifices must be made for the good of keyboardkind. ;)

Those are both wonderful switches though. They give navies a run for their money if you ask me, especially the SMKs. EchosLimit has a recent thread about "vintage" MX blacks in a Wyse board. It isn't very clear whether or not he's keeping the whole thing intact or harvesting the MX blacks. If he is, save the rest of the Wyse so I don't have to. I have too many boards as it is.

Today I'm trying out the humble $50 Tecware Phantom L

266476-0

Due to the exposed aluminum plate, there's basically no flex even though it is a pretty thin board.

266478-1

I think the caps a pretty nice for just coming on a random Chinesium Amazon board.

266480-2

The weird low profile snap spring switches from Outemu are what made me buy the board. They're interesting to be sure, but underwhelming. In terms of subjective preference for overall feel I'm placing them between MX blue and Outemu or Gateron blue (I don't rank any of these highly as clickies, although I don't mind using the two latter switches). These are lightly tactile, less so than the better MX clones, yet their overall weighting feels to me to be quite a bit higher than average, feeling heavier than the Matias clickies I have next to them. They have a lower-pitched and more muted click than you can expect from any other modern clickies besides Matias and some in the box family. Like the box family, pressure seems to build quickly (briefly) just before the relatively high tactile event, and both also share a click on the upstroke. Unlike the clickbar switches, these slightly rattle on the upstroke (quite a bit less than MX blue and the worst of its clones). This makes them feel almost as if they are the heretical love child abomination of both MX and clickbar. They're not as crisp or refined as even the best of the MX clicky clones, so they don't hold a candle to the box family either in my opinion.

Interesting idea though, hopefully improved upon in the future.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #7123 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 00:13:33 »

What's that above it? One of the aluminum Aliexpress boat anchor cases? If so, what have you got in it?

Are you asking about the LZ-S
I love Elzy

« Reply #7124 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 04:31:16 »

Those are both wonderful switches though. They give navies a run for their money if you ask me, especially the SMKs.

The SMKs are pretty nice, I agree, but I really like the feel and sound of clickbar switches. Though, it probably doesn't help that the keycaps on the Monterey are HORRIBLY cheap, with a completely smooth top on all keys and a very bad sound profile. If they were the MX-mount design, I'd likely keep them around, but I don't feel like searching for replacement Alps-mount keycaps when the rest of the board's quality also sucks. Not to mention, I'm just curious what Box switches will feel like when I use them for a while.

The Space Invaders sound really nice, but they feel pretty scratchy. Granted, they weren't exactly clean when I found them. The F key row sounds and feels a lot nicer, though.

EDIT: I realized I could temporarily steal some nice quality caps from my Apple IIc to test on the Monterey board, and I am gladI I did. I might be inspired to keep these switches after all, with how big an improvement better caps made on the feel and sound. That is...if they still work after I spilled a ton of pasta sauce on them  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 April 2021, 04:42:02 by T’Downit Strider »
Nice.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7125 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 09:20:34 »

Are you asking about the LZ-S

I suppose so. It looks very similar to the Aliexpress aluminum TKL cases. I hadn't even heard of the LZ-S. There doesn't seem to be a lot of results if I Google it, yet it seems people in-the-know swoon over them.

Those are both wonderful switches though. They give navies a run for their money if you ask me, especially the SMKs.

The SMKs are pretty nice, I agree, but I really like the feel and sound of clickbar switches. Though, it probably doesn't help that the keycaps on the Monterey are HORRIBLY cheap, with a completely smooth top on all keys and a very bad sound profile. If they were the MX-mount design, I'd likely keep them around, but I don't feel like searching for replacement Alps-mount keycaps when the rest of the board's quality also sucks. Not to mention, I'm just curious what Box switches will feel like when I use them for a while.

The Space Invaders sound really nice, but they feel pretty scratchy. Granted, they weren't exactly clean when I found them. The F key row sounds and feels a lot nicer, though.

EDIT: I realized I could temporarily steal some nice quality caps from my Apple IIc to test on the Monterey board, and I am gladI I did. I might be inspired to keep these switches after all, with how big an improvement better caps made on the feel and sound. That is...if they still work after I spilled a ton of pasta sauce on them  :rolleyes:

You could get some brand new Tai-Hao caps for it if the layout is relatively standard. They're thin, but they're doubleshots if that matters. They're ABS though, so they'll wear smooth if that bothers you (I like it). What have you got in that Apple IIc then, SKCM orange? Never tried those myself. SMK switches, in general, don't sound as nice as something like Alps SKCM ... or even Matias, unfortunately (to most anyway, eye of the beholder, etc). They are still very smooth, pleasant, and seem to be some of the least finicky in both feel and function of the extended Alps family though.

What do you want a clicky to sound like? Navies are amongst the most pleasant/satisfying of the box family in terms of feel, but they're relatively high-pitched. The force required to actuate them seems to also cause and/or increase the volume of ping with a metal plate and/or chassis that's particularly susceptible to it. Personally, I find it endlessly entertaining in the aluminum of the Das Pro 4 and Corsair K65 I swapped them into, but it seems the trend is to dislike ping. They're also a lot stiffer than any clickies you may be used to if you're currently typing mostly on SMK and space invaders. I got used to them surprisingly fast, but I was also already used to typing on Alps SKCM and capacitive buckling spring regularly. They did seem, to me, to be less difficult to acclimate to than a heavy linear like MX black.

If any of that bothers you, you may want to look at lighter and/or bassier variants of the box family like jades and pinks. Jades are also more tactile than navies, although the extent of the tactility juxtaposed against the comparatively light spring weighting bothers some. I just think it helps them feel just a little more like Alps SKCM.

Space invaders do sound more consistent and crisp than SMK, I suppose. Very high-pitched though. If you particularly like their sound, you may be right at home with box navies in that regard. Yours are scratchy? I would have to try my board again, but I can't say I have ever noticed as much. I don't think mine was all that clean either, but I know how some of those recycler boards are abused. I have tried Hi-Tek's earlier linears (with similar contacts) in an old Atari computer and those were wonderfully smooth as well. Maybe fohat.digs can chime in on that. I know he's a proponent of the Hi-Tek 725 series.

If you get the chance, you should also try NEC blue ovals if you have not and like high-pitched pingy switches. Very entertaining.

« Reply #7126 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 00:16:33 »

You could get some brand new Tai-Hao caps for it if the layout is relatively standard. They're thin, but they're doubleshots if that matters. They're ABS though, so they'll wear smooth if that bothers you (I like it). What have you got in that Apple IIc then, SKCM orange? Never tried those myself. SMK switches, in general, don't sound as nice as something like Alps SKCM ... or even Matias, unfortunately (to most anyway, eye of the beholder, etc). They are still very smooth, pleasant, and seem to be some of the least finicky in both feel and function of the extended Alps family though.

What do you want a clicky to sound like? Navies are amongst the most pleasant/satisfying of the box family in terms of feel, but they're relatively high-pitched. The force required to actuate them seems to also cause and/or increase the volume of ping with a metal plate and/or chassis that's particularly susceptible to it. Personally, I find it endlessly entertaining in the aluminum of the Das Pro 4 and Corsair K65 I swapped them into, but it seems the trend is to dislike ping. They're also a lot stiffer than any clickies you may be used to if you're currently typing mostly on SMK and space invaders. I got used to them surprisingly fast, but I was also already used to typing on Alps SKCM and capacitive buckling spring regularly. They did seem, to me, to be less difficult to acclimate to than a heavy linear like MX black.

If any of that bothers you, you may want to look at lighter and/or bassier variants of the box family like jades and pinks. Jades are also more tactile than navies, although the extent of the tactility juxtaposed against the comparatively light spring weighting bothers some. I just think it helps them feel just a little more like Alps SKCM.

Space invaders do sound more consistent and crisp than SMK, I suppose. Very high-pitched though. If you particularly like their sound, you may be right at home with box navies in that regard. Yours are scratchy? I would have to try my board again, but I can't say I have ever noticed as much. I don't think mine was all that clean either, but I know how some of those recycler boards are abused. I have tried Hi-Tek's earlier linears (with similar contacts) in an old Atari computer and those were wonderfully smooth as well. Maybe fohat.digs can chime in on that. I know he's a proponent of the Hi-Tek 725 series.

If you get the chance, you should also try NEC blue ovals if you have not and like high-pitched pingy switches. Very entertaining.

The main problem with the caps I have on the SMKs right now is how cheap they feel. The plastic is just...I dunno, it just feels gross. You can tell it's badly made. That, and they sound bad. I'll probably get some Tai Haos, or I'll buy some old AEK keycaps off Ebay. Either should work. Also, the IIc has Amber Alps, and they're just as good as I've heard. Absolutely the best keyfeel I've ever had.

On the sound front, I like a nice sharp click. As long as it's distinct and solid, I don't mind it. Box switches have some of the sharpest clicks on the modern market, which is what originally drew me to them. Feel-wise, though, they remind me of the Hi-Tek switches, for the brief period I've used them. I can adapt pretty easily when it comes to switch weight-I started out with a Model M122(typing on that now, as I spilled tomato sauce on the SMK board...don't ask), moved on to the NMB Hi-Tek board, and then to the Montereys. I should be fine with Navies, as long as I'm not thinking about it. Pinks are nice, too, but I don't have enough on me for a full board right now, anyway.

I REALLY like how the Hi-Tek switches sound on the less used keys, like the function keys, but the alpha keys just sound and feel so scratchy that it isn't worth it for me to use. Then again, it could just be me. I might try lubing the switches to see if that helps, but I have no idea how to go about that with the strangeness of these switches.

I haven't heard of that NEC switch. I'll have to check it out. Most of my knowledge on this sort of stuff comes from Chyros XD

Nice.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7127 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 13:40:07 »

The main problem with the caps I have on the SMKs right now is how cheap they feel. The plastic is just...I dunno, it just feels gross. You can tell it's badly made. That, and they sound bad. I'll probably get some Tai Haos, or I'll buy some old AEK keycaps off Ebay. Either should work. Also, the IIc has Amber Alps, and they're just as good as I've heard. Absolutely the best keyfeel I've ever had.

On the sound front, I like a nice sharp click. As long as it's distinct and solid, I don't mind it. Box switches have some of the sharpest clicks on the modern market, which is what originally drew me to them. Feel-wise, though, they remind me of the Hi-Tek switches, for the brief period I've used them. I can adapt pretty easily when it comes to switch weight-I started out with a Model M122(typing on that now, as I spilled tomato sauce on the SMK board...don't ask), moved on to the NMB Hi-Tek board, and then to the Montereys. I should be fine with Navies, as long as I'm not thinking about it. Pinks are nice, too, but I don't have enough on me for a full board right now, anyway.

I REALLY like how the Hi-Tek switches sound on the less used keys, like the function keys, but the alpha keys just sound and feel so scratchy that it isn't worth it for me to use. Then again, it could just be me. I might try lubing the switches to see if that helps, but I have no idea how to go about that with the strangeness of these switches.

I haven't heard of that NEC switch. I'll have to check it out. Most of my knowledge on this sort of stuff comes from Chyros XD

Yeah, I think Tai-Haos would be an upgrade from what came on most boards with SMK switches. Those Monterrey boards are pretty cheap by the day's standards.

If you're used to a Model M, then navies should work out fine. Part of the reason I never got into the Model M was initially its weighting. Do you think any of the tomato sauce got onto the PCB/contacts? If so, you might be able to get away with flushing any affected parts of the board with some isopropyl alcohol and giving it a day or so to dry completely. The sooner the better since that sauce is probably going to dry onto whatever it gets into and will have to reconstitute to wash off. Tomato sauce is also acidic, so even if it works now it may start eating the traces over time. If a flush doesn't work, you might have to desolder all of the switches just to take a peek at the PCB.

I did just try again and some of my space invader switches are a little scratchy, but I don't think mine was exactly like-new when I snatched it up. I don't remember if I grabbed it a recycler or found it on Ebay. Some are definitely very smooth.

I think Chyros has a video on NEC blue ovals if you look. I learned a lot initially from his videos too. They remind me of a ukulele or something. More recognizably musical than even a Model F XT if you ask me.

« Reply #7128 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 11:21:09 »

Yeah, I think Tai-Haos would be an upgrade from what came on most boards with SMK switches. Those Monterrey boards are pretty cheap by the day's standards.

If you're used to a Model M, then navies should work out fine. Part of the reason I never got into the Model M was initially its weighting. Do you think any of the tomato sauce got onto the PCB/contacts? If so, you might be able to get away with flushing any affected parts of the board with some isopropyl alcohol and giving it a day or so to dry completely. The sooner the better since that sauce is probably going to dry onto whatever it gets into and will have to reconstitute to wash off. Tomato sauce is also acidic, so even if it works now it may start eating the traces over time. If a flush doesn't work, you might have to desolder all of the switches just to take a peek at the PCB.

I did just try again and some of my space invader switches are a little scratchy, but I don't think mine was exactly like-new when I snatched it up. I don't remember if I grabbed it a recycler or found it on Ebay. Some are definitely very smooth.

I think Chyros has a video on NEC blue ovals if you look. I learned a lot initially from his videos too. They remind me of a ukulele or something. More recognizably musical than even a Model F XT if you ask me.

I finished cleaning up the Montereys yesterday, and properly cleaned out the switches which still felt scratchy or stiff after being scrubbed with IPA. I lubed them and put them back on, and they're fine now. Well...except two. One of the keys simply refuses to work, while I messed up the other during reassembly. I'm really bummed that I did this to a board that worked perfectly fine, so I'm probably going to put it in my closet until I forget how frustrated I am.  ;D
I just hope none of the sauce got on the front of the PCB, because that would mean I'd have to desolder EVERYTHING to get it off.

The problem might not actually be the scratchiness, it might be that they bind more than I'm used to. I lubed a switch up, and it didn't really do anything to change the feeling for me.

Nice.

Offline cest73

« Reply #7129 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 08:08:01 »
i have an black SCKM ALPS keyboard and had a similar issue with switches stop working after cleaning:

disassemble the offending switches (two toothpicks method works like a charm here) and carefully get all the parts out (the metal plates are soldered to the PCB so those will stay, but the clicker leaf, spring and the stem will go out, play with the plates inside the housing a little and see if you can extract every so little debris out of there.

Test the keyboard if the switch works now

If all else fails, desolder the opened switch and continue disassembly - check if any debris is in between the contacts (usually a hair or a clothing filament)...
(desoldering one or two switches goes with a vacuum pump is quite tolerable - opposite of desoldering the whole keyboard)

Check the switch operation with a multimeter ("DVM") before assembly...

Once i was over and had the switches working, they stopped one more time a while after - what do you know, i got them "unstuck" by mere brute force - i was sharply typing the key (actually almost hitting it with the finger press) until it started responding again...

HTH

Offline ThomasLT

• ThomasLT Studio
« Reply #7130 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 11:39:27 »
using Chaos  ;)

Offline Countdown

« Reply #7131 on: Fri, 25 June 2021, 22:04:44 »
Currently while I’m saving up for a new custom I’m just using a white ducky one 2 mini.

Regards,
Countdown

Offline thoughtorgan

« Reply #7132 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 07:07:55 »
Been digging my Leopold FC980M w/ MX Blacks recently. It was my second mechanical board ever, coming from a k70 with MX Browns. Four years ago I was looking for a keycap set with russian sublegends, but wasn't having any luck. After a few searches on eBay I found a listing for a BTC Foam and Foil board, with mx mounted caps. I had some issues carrying the modifiers over, and was too lazy to source a new spacebar. Even though it's not perfect, I couldn't imagine changing it. I'm far too used to it.

272121-0

Offline Tactile

« Reply #7133 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 07:45:50 »
122 key Model F from 1985
REΛLFORCE

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7134 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 08:14:51 »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Envious

• Envious Design
« Reply #7135 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 03:08:09 »

Currently rocking a TKL (newer version of whats in the pic above)

I cant decide if I like lighter or heavier switches but I so far prefer linear over tactile but ive yet to try many tactiles.

Offline Leopard223

« Reply #7136 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 01:30:04 »
Just got the R2 of the KBD67 Lite, while it’s lighter, it feels much higher quality than my NK65, phenomenal kit, well worth the money.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #7137 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 03:07:31 »
Just got the R2 of the KBD67 Lite, while it’s lighter, it feels much higher quality than my NK65, phenomenal kit, well worth the money.

I agree, I got it too and it is amazing keeb.

272298-0
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline growler

« Reply #7138 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 03:19:03 »
HHKB Pro 2, have a custom build with Kailh Box switches that gets used occasionally, my first build. Now, have the raw materials for about 5 different builds mechanism one shouldbe good - I can barely lift the case! Gonna be a mega soldering party weekend at some point, feel I need to practice practice before going full A-team on this.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Don't just stare at it ...

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #7139 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 23:09:24 »
272323-0

KBDfans DZ60RGB ANSI V2
Drop Copper plate
Durock + Everglide frankenstabilizers
Durock POM stem + Everglide Aqua King housing frankenswitches
Crystal edge low profile keycaps
Capsmiths Rose Keycap
Alopow Resin Case
c h e r

Offline cest73

« Reply #7140 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 16:02:14 »
I'm using this:

It features a southpaw mirrored numpad block and an ISO enter key (aka Ten Key Mirrored - TKM-2021, a full size compact)
Matias silent click from TKC and XDA blank caps from ebay
The case is a custom build from Aluminium sheet metal and a profile, each 2 mm thick.
It's 408 mm wide; 136 long and some 38-ish mm tall.

I enjoy the Matias very much  :D

This is the sibling sister, the Tai Hao "Tom Cat" themed one awaiting for the next case to be built.

Also featuring Matias Silent Click switches, quite enjoyable to type on  :p  and an ANSI enter key.

There is yet another with BAE enter key in the making...

Offline thoughtorgan

« Reply #7141 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 13:59:17 »

I've been leaving my Unicomp New Model M at work for a month now. I've also got a shared desk situation at my office, so the potential for someone else to sit at my desk and use the keyboard (or walk away with it) is there. So far most people have either moved it to the side, or left the desk alone.

The keyboard was $100 and I have custom order caps from unicomp on there as well. If it were to be stolen - it'd suck, but it's completely replaceable. If you like buckling springs, I'd say it's an option to explore.

Offline nostyle_au

« Reply #7142 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 05:15:36 »
Been dailying a stock 104UK for a while now, been very refreshing after coming from some heavily modded Topre boards and MX customs

Offline yrtsi

« Reply #7143 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 16:06:29 »
273160-0

'90 IBM Model M (1391403) with German QWERTZ-layout. I swapped Y to Z and Z to Y and now it's working quite well with Swedish/Finnish layout. :thumb:

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #7144 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 05:08:57 »
(Attachment Link)

KBDfans DZ60RGB ANSI V2
Drop Copper plate
Durock + Everglide frankenstabilizers
Durock POM stem + Everglide Aqua King housing frankenswitches
Crystal edge low profile keycaps
Capsmiths Rose Keycap
Alopow Resin Case

Very nice:)

Where did you get those caps?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline cest73

« Reply #7145 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 11:24:46 »
(Attachment Link)

'90 IBM Model M (1391403) with German QWERTZ-layout. I swapped Y to Z and Z to Y and now it's working quite well with Swedish/Finnish layout. :thumb:

How could You do that, are the keys all same height/sculpt?

Offline Tactile

« Reply #7146 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 11:29:36 »
(Attachment Link)

How could You do that, are the keys all same height/sculpt?

Yes. Because of the curved plate all of the caps are the same height & profile. Any one fits anywhere.
REΛLFORCE

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7147 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 12:45:02 »

are the keys all same height/sculpt?

IBM, in the 1980s, went to great lengths to engineer its products to be adaptable worldwide. That is why M/F keys can be moved, added, removed, and ANSI and ISO layouts and variations thereof all accommodated from a single base plate/circuit board unit.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline cest73

« Reply #7148 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 16:15:30 »

are the keys all same height/sculpt?

IBM, in the 1980s, went to great lengths to engineer its products to be adaptable worldwide. That is why M/F keys can be moved, added, removed, and ANSI and ISO layouts and variations thereof all accommodated from a single base plate/circuit board unit.

Now if only we could have those capacitive buckling springs as discrete switches to make keyboards of our own 9_9

Offline funkmon

« Reply #7149 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 17:03:33 »
Does anyone recognize this?