trackball mouse that is Opto-mechanical

(1/8) > >>

bigpook:
I was looking at this trackball:

http://www.trackballworld.com/40-151.html

It mentions that it is Opto-mechanical.

Does anyone know what that means?

ozar:
Don't know the meaning of opto-mechanical, but that is one very good looking mouse.

Wonder if it's sold elsewhere for less?  I might look around to see what I can find.

bigpook:

--- Quote from: ozar;27737 ---Don't know the meaning of opto-mechanical, but that is one very good looking mouse.

Wonder if it's sold elsewhere for less?  I might look around to see what I can find.
--- End quote ---

I actually thought the price was pretty good, at least compared to the kensington slimblade( which unfortunately, has too many issues for me) and this one

http://www.itacsystems.com/evolutio.cfm

That itac is pretty interesting also.

ozar:
Yeah, that is interesting looking.  I never realized there were so many trackball models available, but then I've never used one or checked them out until a few weeks ago.  At this point, it would probably behoove me to make a firm decision about whether or not I truly want to switch to trackball from traditional mice before I spend any more money on them.

The corded Logitech Trackball Wheel Mouse that I purchased recently is giving me fits, but I think that's due to the required thumb activated movement of the cursor.  It feels really awkward, at least so far.

bigpook:
I have that mouse and its a very good trackball. If you are new to trackballs, then you simply need to give it time to adjust to it. And yeah, you really need to give it a week or so. After that it becomes normal.

I remember when I moved the mouse to the left side of the keyboard, I am a righty. Needless to say, it was a week or so of goofy mousing. But I forced myself to hang with it. Now its all good and I can mouse with either hand.

I went to a trackball because I got tired of walking the mouse. I like having a stationary mouse that doesn't move.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version