Author Topic: Need some chair recomendations.  (Read 14672 times)

Offline billm

Need some chair recomendations.
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 01 April 2009, 16:58:01 »
Had an aeron for years and loved it, though I now prefer the Mirra to the aeorn. Cheaper too.
If it's not ALPS it's crap!

Offline bigpook

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 01 April 2009, 18:15:42 »
Quote from: billm;26533
Had an aeron for years and loved it, though I now prefer the Mirra to the aeorn. Cheaper too.

I have the mirra and my wife has the aeron. I like the mirra better because of the hard plastic back. Its very supportive for me. I am kind of big, around 220 pounds so the hard plastic back doesn't give when I press against it. I really like it alot.
HHKB Pro 2 : Unicomp Spacesaver : IBM Model M : DasIII    

Offline bhtooefr

• this switch can tick sound of music
    • bhtooefr.org
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 01 April 2009, 19:07:57 »
Go find yourself a 90-92 Volkswagen GTI or GLI 16v in a junkyard. Actually, earlier years can work too, but 90-92 guarantees the Recaros, they were optional before.

Then, they've been bolted to chair bases before. And, they're oh so comfy. :) If it weren't for the fact that I got $100 for a pair, I would've bolted one to a chair, probably. (Even though I paid $15 for the pair a couple years prior. :D)

Offline lam47

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 02 April 2009, 03:36:13 »
I have ordered a chair. Was on the 26th actually.
However the company seems to be **** and I have not heard from them since.
Keyboards. Happy Hacking pro 2 x2. One white one black. IBM model M US layout. SGI silicone Graphics with rubber dampened ALPS. IBM model F. ALPS apple board, I forget what it is. And some more I forget what I have.

Typewriters. Olivetti Valentine. Imperial Good Companion Model T. Olympia SM3

Offline wheel83

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 02 April 2009, 20:47:01 »
what chair did u go with ?
I <3 BS

Offline lam47

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 03 April 2009, 04:40:13 »
It turned up without a base! Fantastic.
I went with this one.
I have used some of the parts off my old chair for now to allow me to use it.
Think it hurts my back rather a lot though.
Not sure what to do about it now.
It was reduced from £260  down to £160 and I thought it looked nice and is green.

It locks in different angles which is good and feels very supportive but there is something that is just not right about it.
Keyboards. Happy Hacking pro 2 x2. One white one black. IBM model M US layout. SGI silicone Graphics with rubber dampened ALPS. IBM model F. ALPS apple board, I forget what it is. And some more I forget what I have.

Typewriters. Olivetti Valentine. Imperial Good Companion Model T. Olympia SM3

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 03 April 2009, 06:54:30 »
On a lot of chairs, the lumbar curve is usually not in the right place (it's usually too low for me).  On my chair at work (which I really like, BTW), there is an adjustment on the back to raise or lower the support that creates the lumbar curve on the back of the chair.  The other thing to keep in mind is that of you have not had good posture for some time while seated, a chair that promotes good posture might not feel right and may even make you a little sore for awhile until you body adjusts.  Be sure, though, that you are sitting with the correct posture, and the new chair is not promoting bad posture.