Author Topic: [TMK] FC660C Alt Controller  (Read 74281 times)

Offline hugesesame

Re: FC660C Alt Controller
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 23:22:01 »
I got it, it works perfect ! Thanks !!

Offline sebtoun

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 18:23:25 »
Hey everyone,

I just received, installed and programmed mine: it went absolutely all well!
I would be glad to view your unimaps files, would you mind sharing ?

Here is my current map:
https://github.com/sebtoun/tmk_keyboard/blob/seb/keyboard/fc660c/unimap_seb.c
hex:
https://github.com/sebtoun/tmk_keyboard/blob/seb/keyboard/fc660c/binary/fc660c_seb.hex

Basically it's emu layout with Shift Parenthesis and SpaceFn (with TAPPING_TERM reduced to 200ms).

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 20:46:29 »
Hi,
This is my current setup for FC660C which is based on 'emu' keymap and added kind of SpaceFN layer for mouse keys. It is equivalent to my keymap on my daily driver HHKB, I hold 'slash' key to change layers when I need hjkl-arrow keys :)

https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/e382957c110c444bfd3c6014006e930acd6213c9/keyboard/fc660c/unimap_hasu.c

You can try it here if someone is interested :D
https://goo.gl/HfpRFd

Offline teraflame

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 10:22:24 »
Hi, I am trying to get a numpad layer that can send alt codes to work. I tried P0-P9 but when I press the keys they don't do anything. Please help.
Rubber in domes

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 10:33:17 »
Hi, I am trying to get a numpad layer that can send alt codes to work. I tried P0-P9 but when I press the keys they don't do anything. Please help.
I'm not sure but numlock state may be related?

Offline troglotype

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 05:22:54 »
Hasu does sales and shipping like he does software and hardware. Enough said.

P.S. It's the little things: The caps lock light works now even if you switch the control and caps lock keys. Didn't work with the stock controller.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 July 2017, 07:03:42 by troglotype »

Offline Auk

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 08:43:17 »
...change the actuation point of the switches...

...EDIT:
I don't still feel calm offering this function to users and default firmware won't support this for a while at least...

Is changing the actuation point a feature now using the replacement controller on any of the Topre keyboards?

I'd love to be able to try tweaking the actuation point to be very early, but the only option available now is the Realforce RGB and I'd much prefer something smaller than full size.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 08:47:25 »
not with default firmware. you have to build from source.

Offline Auk

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 08:58:10 »
So I can do it if I learn how to build from source, interesting. It will require overcoming fear of screwing it up!

Is there an equivalent controller for the Realforce TKL? It's a little larger than the 660c, but 55g weight and the Silent versions are desirable features not available with Leopold as far as I can see.

« Last Edit: Sun, 16 July 2017, 09:16:27 by Auk »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 16:30:57 »
Realforce usually has its controller integrated with key switches in one big pcb and you cannot replace only controller easily unfortunately.

So I can do it if I learn how to build from source, interesting. It will require overcoming fear of screwing it up!

Is there an equivalent controller for the Realforce TKL? It's a little larger than the 660c, but 55g weight and the Silent versions are desirable features not available with Leopold as far as I can see.

Offline Acknown3

• Not a keyboard addict
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 18:21:16 »
Hey Hasu, got your controller a while ago and it turned my FC660C back into my daily drive over the Whitefox, love it!

I have one question though. Just today, I disconnected my keyboard to use the USB for a controller, and then switched back to the keyboard. The insert LED lit up and the keyboard would not input. A restart solved this issue, but if I replug the keyboard, it does the same thing until I restart. I do not have a laptop to test this with, but is this a limitation of the controller or a unique case?
FC660C gray dyesub, gummyrot clack
FC660M cherry reds, Triumph Adler, blue aluminum case
Filco TKL cherry reds, white side-printed PBT
IBM Model F XT

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 18:52:21 »
Hey Hasu, got your controller a while ago and it turned my FC660C back into my daily drive over the Whitefox, love it!

I have one question though. Just today, I disconnected my keyboard to use the USB for a controller, and then switched back to the keyboard. The insert LED lit up and the keyboard would not input. A restart solved this issue, but if I replug the keyboard, it does the same thing until I restart. I do not have a laptop to test this with, but is this a limitation of the controller or a unique case?

Hi,
You mean repluging always fails until rebooting compter? It should not happen, weird.

waht is os/hardware of your computer?

Offline Sharku

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 18:23:12 »
Hello! I can say it is perfect, I plug it in and start working.
But it does not let me enter the BIOS, only once I can access, in all other attempts the screen freezes.

how can i fix it?
THX!!

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 20:07:47 »
Turn off NKRO by one of methods below.
1) press both shifts and n before using BIOS
2) build firmware with disabling NKRO in Makefile and flash it.

EDIT: NKRO keyboard tends to work with some BIOS/EFI while not with others. 6KRO is likely to always work with most BIOS/EFI.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 October 2017, 20:12:29 by hasu »

Offline Sharku

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 04:20:21 »
Turn off NKRO by one of methods below.
1) press both shifts and n before using BIOS
2) build firmware with disabling NKRO in Makefile and flash it.

EDIT: NKRO keyboard tends to work with some BIOS/EFI while not with others. 6KRO is likely to always work with most BIOS/EFI.

Both shifts and N works!

THX again!

Offline Trente

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 21:20:43 »
Hi hasu,

I am trying to build on mac, but I kind of stuck on the 'brew install avr-libc' it seems I can't get it working.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 21:56:22 »
Hi hasu,

I am trying to build on mac, but I kind of stuck on the 'brew install avr-libc' it seems I can't get it working.

I have no mac to check this but,
Can you refer this and try brew again? And let me know your result I'll update instruction.
https://github.com/osx-cross/homebrew-avr#installing-homebrew-avr-formulae

It seems 'brew intall avr-gcc' works instead.

Offline Trente

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 14:43:40 »
Hi hasu,

I have no mac to check this but,
Can you refer this and try brew again? And let me know your result I'll update instruction.
https://github.com/osx-cross/homebrew-avr#installing-homebrew-avr-formulae

It seems 'brew intall avr-gcc' works instead.

Gotcha, i think I instead the avr-gcc instead and it works well. But one thing I just encounter is a problem in backspace and f key. It seems now if I quickly double tap the backspace it won't work at all, but this did not happened to all other key. But instead if I tap slower the backspace key just went back alive. Also the F key seem never works all of a sudden, and if I press it once I plug the board into my mac, it just split out a long string of f nonstop. I am wondering how to make sure if this would be a problem with the board or this would be a problem with the controller?

edit: I think I might know something with this situation. I had once used the mini-b to usb-c cable to connect my keyboard to the usb-c port on my mac. I am wondering if it is because the output voltage from the usb-c port is higher than 3.3 v so it simply damaged some component (since I saw there is a warning on the github site about voltage)? But would this damage be done to the circuit board with the switches on, or to the alternative controller. I hope it would be just the controller as I don't mind using rebuying a controller for $40, but if it is the circuit board with the switch on, I think it would be a horrible replacement fee simply by repurchasing the board.
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 November 2017, 14:54:26 by Trente »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 17:33:19 »
I come up with  three culprits, firmware, hardware, and nkro compatiblity issue with macos.

1. First, did controller work well before?
If you are using your custom firmware download firmwar with default keymap from keymap editor  and flash it.
http://www.tmk-kbd.com/tmk_keyboard/editor/unimap/?fc660c_emu

2.  Also I'd suggest opening case to make sure that conectors are completely mated in keyboard.
I dont't think voltage is problem, both usb-c and usb 2.0 should deliver 5V to peripherals. This controller supplies 5V and 3.3V to keyswitch unit as original one exactly does, power supply is not problem even if you flashed corrupted firmware. But it is good idea to try with original controller to know your keyboard hardware is still safe.

3. This controller works in NKRO by default, this may cause this issue with macos. Try 6KRO mode instead, pressing both shifts and 'n' once after plugin. This magic key combo is needed everytime you plugin. In 6KRO mode check backspace still has the issue.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard#magic-commands
( To discriminate between the modes just *hold* 1-7 keys in order, if you are in NKRO you should see all of those numbers on screen, if in 6KRO you won't see 7. )

Also it is good idea to check your keyboard with other pc with windows or linux.
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 November 2017, 17:36:33 by hasu »

Offline Trente

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 18:47:32 »
So I had tried with the default keymap from the editor, nothing else than simply one layer, and still the missing f key happened, both windows and mac and linux. And I had also swapped the controller out and replug, and tried or even using the default one, and it seem with default controller I don't have a backspace not activated problem, but the f key missing presist. I would also try fix NKRO. But I think my F key might probably really dead. And I am wondering if it could be the spring. Since I got this board from another mechmarket, and the previous owner had once swapped the dome out.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 19:05:32 »
yeah, that makes sense, F key probably has hardware issue probably.
When you take apart switch unit and fix the F key maintain  backspace key also. I suspect backspace has something wrong with its switch too if 6KRO doesn't cure its problem.

If those keys get lubed with oil or grease I'd reccomend to wipe it out to avoid contamination into domes and pcb.

Offline Trente

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 21:59:41 »
yeah, that makes sense, F key probably has hardware issue probably.
When you take apart switch unit and fix the F key maintain  backspace key also. I suspect backspace has something wrong with its switch too if 6KRO doesn't cure its problem.

If those keys get lubed with oil or grease I'd reccomend to wipe it out to avoid contamination into domes and pcb.

Yeah I can confirm this is a hardware issue now. I just took apart the board and saw a lot of extra lube oil on PCB and springs and dome. So I used alcohol wipe to remove all of them and place the dome and springs back nicely and it magically works again.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 00:43:05 »
Great! glad to hear the keyboard was fixed and is working now.

Offline t_southwell

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 05:19:20 »
FC660C, Model F XT, AT102W, Pok3r, DIY-71, Anne Pro, Tada68, Magicforce 49, CONTRA, Smith Corona XL1500

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 06:35:20 »
So if I wanted to make one of these I would need one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HRS-HIROSE-DF14-20S-1-25C-HOUSING-DF14-1-25MM-20WAY/171948274249?hash=item2808ea7249:g:jzEAAOxy3HJTIjFU and a pro micro?

Yes, Hirose DF14 20pin connector is exactly what the keyboard use, whether you need socket(plug) or header(jack) depends on how you connect. Pro micro should work or easy to port if not, just check that it has enough pinouts.

Offline Karpy

« Reply #75 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 01:56:28 »
So atmel FLIP can not longer be downloaded. Went to go change up my layout and now I can't since I don't have Flip anymore. Anyway around this?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 05:51:49 »
So atmel FLIP can not longer be downloaded. Went to go change up my layout and now I can't since I don't have Flip anymore. Anyway around this?

I think this is temporary problem and it will come back before long, but you can access FLIP download page via archive.org.
https://web.archive.org/web/20180101230600/http://www.atmel.com/tools/FLIP.aspx

Or dfu-programmer is another option.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/wiki#dfu-programmer-for-windows-mac-and-linux

Also you can use avrdude to flash like this:
Code: [Select]
avrdude -c flip1 -p m32u4 -U flash:w:../terminal_usb/terminal_lufa.hex
http://www.nongnu.org/avrdude/

Offline k2w2yut

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 10:03:56 »
Hi Hasu,

Any progress on Bluetooth version?
...or I should not expect it soon, says in 3 months... :'(

Offline Meenu

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 17 February 2018, 10:06:15 »
Sir, could you give me a hint when the BT controller might launch? BTed 660c will be a total game changer.. I envy HHKB users who have BT controller.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 20:14:18 »
No plan for Bluetooth version at this point.  I don't time to work on this for a while unfotunately.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 00:37:46 »
I got a quesion via Private Message and would share it.

I saw that some optical boards have the ability to trigger two different key presses and different actuation points.  Do you think this is possible with topre boards?

For example, binding Home and Page Up to the same key, a full press sends Home, and a light press sends Page Up.

Unfortunately you cannot implement key behaviour you described because FC660C switches don't send analog value of key stroke to controller. Topre capacitive switches work just like normal binary switch  from controller's aspect.

To implement this you have to replace bigger swich board PCB, not just controller.

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 15:13:24 »
Any way to set it up so that any key press will briefly turn on one or both LEDs? Just a fun thought I had.
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 18:00:09 »
Any way to set it up so that any key press will briefly turn on one or both LEDs? Just a fun thought I had.

Try this patch, you can add it to your keymap file. It turns on Leds for 100ms when any key is pressed. Also compiled hex file are attached just for a try.

diff --git a/keyboard/fc660c/unimap.c b/keyboard/fc660c/unimap.c
index 77c3350..9dbd04c 100644
--- a/keyboard/fc660c/unimap.c
+++ b/keyboard/fc660c/unimap.c
@@ -17,3 +17,21 @@ const action_t actionmaps[][UNIMAP_ROWS][UNIMAP_COLS] PROGMEM = {
         LCTL,LGUI,LALT,          SPC,                     RALT,RCTL,GRV, LEFT,DOWN,RGHT
     ),
 };
+
+
+#define LED_ON()        PORTB &= ~(1<<5 | 1<<6)
+#define LED_OFF()       PORTB |=  (1<<5 | 1<<6)
+#define LED_DURATION    100
+static uint16_t last_ms = 0;
+void hook_matrix_change(keyevent_t event) {
+    if (event.pressed) {
+        LED_ON();
+        last_ms = timer_read();
+    }
+}
+
+void hook_keyboard_loop(void) {
+    if (TIMER_DIFF_16(last_ms, timer_read()) > LED_DURATION) {
+        LED_OFF();
+    }
+}

EDIT: Fixed message quote.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 May 2018, 18:06:04 by hasu »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 18:20:05 »
Hi folks,
Anyone already grabbed new FC660C and tried this controller yet?
I like to know whether the Alt Controller works with the new FC660C or not. Also pics of inside of the new keyboard would be helpful.

here's the black/black fc660c
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/8if8sa/all_black_fc660c_made_in_japan/?st=jh0zb7es&sh=d09eb378

here's the blue/grey fc660c
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=4096

Thanks

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 09:44:21 »

Try this patch, you can add it to your keymap file. It turns on Leds for 100ms when any key is pressed. Also compiled hex file are attached just for a try.

@@ -17,3 +17,21 @@ const action_t actionmaps[][UNIMAP_ROWS][UNIMAP_COLS] PROGMEM = {
     ),
 };
+
+
+        LED_ON();
+    }
+}
+
+        LED_OFF();
+    }
+}

Thanks Hasu! I'll have to give this a shot soon.
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 21:17:46 »
Hi folks,
I like to know whether the Alt Controller works with the new FC660C or not. Also pics of inside of the new keyboard would be helpful.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/8if8sa/all_black_fc660c_made_in_japan/?st=jh0zb7es&sh=d09eb378

Thanks

Some user on Reddit posted this pics of new "Made in Japan" model.  The controller seems to me be exactly identical to one from 'Made in China' model. I'm 99.9% sure my Alt controller still work with the 'Made in Japan' model.

https://imgur.com/a/k2uvVU9

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 20:28:33 »
Hi folks,

Thanks

Some user on Reddit posted this pics of new "Made in Japan" model.  The controller seems to me be exactly identical to one from 'Made in China' model. I'm 99.9% sure my Alt controller still work with the 'Made in Japan' model.

https://imgur.com/a/k2uvVU9

Great news here. It was confirmed by an user today!
The controller works fine with the new 'Made in Japan' model also.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 23:16:56 »
Also confirmed this works with this 'Made in Japan' model FC660C/EBL. This controller is supposed to be compatible to all models of FC660C as of now.

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=4097

Offline heyitsqi

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 14:37:06 »
Has anyone thought of modding a USB-C port onto this controller? (Yes I know the default case doesn't fit, I'm not worried about that). Wondering how much work it'd be and if it's fairly straight forward or if there's any pins and stuff I'd have to re-do/modify.

Offline hansmuff

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 14:55:26 »
Hi,

I just bought two controllers for my 660c boards. Install went flawlessly and my keyboard (I only installed in one for now) works.
However, I can't seem to program it.

I installed Amtel Studio 7 (as someone suggested to do when DLLs aren't found.. this fixed it.. thanks, kind soul!) and then installed flip.
Flip runs. I select the correct chip atimega32u4 and then select USB. Have to put the keyboard into flash mode, done. USB connects.
I create a simple layout with L1 having F keys and I swap Windows and Fn key. Download the hex file and load it into flip.
Then flash it. All steps run through (Erase, Check, Program, Verify) successfully.
Then I disconnect and reconnect the keyboard and.. it still has the old layout in it. The stock layout.

What am I doing wrong?
This is a Windows 10 64-bit machine, if that matters.

Never.. mind. I didn't switch LGUI in the editor properly. It all works now. What a fantastic controller!

For those who are new to this world as I was, my steps I had to do:

1. Download and install Amtel Studio 7. Large install but it gives you drivers you will need.
https://www.microchip.com/mplab/avr-support/atmel-studio-7

2. Download flip with JRE and install. For me, the install ran but the JRE did not install properly and I got errors on startup.
https://www.microchip.com/DevelopmentTools/ProductDetails/PartNO/FLIP
2a. If the JRE did not install: Use 7zip to extract the downloaded installer .EXE. In $TEMP there's jre_setup.exe, run that and you'll get the JRE.

3. Watch this video but I have a few more tips around it:
Tips:
1. When you start Flip for the very first time, you have to click the chip on the left (the icon) and select ATMega32u4
2. When opening up the keyboard, the video is good about this but I found using a wide screwdriver and wiggling it slighly to unlock the tabs to work super easy when you start with the ones on the inside first and then go on the corners. I had zero scratches and didn't have to bend anything.

4. When you create your first layout, do something SIMPLE or you might fall into the trap I did and think one of the tools doesn't work. Like, map [ to A or something benign.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 May 2019, 15:41:12 by hansmuff »

Offline wes1099

• Technology and Dog Enthusiast
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 17:39:15 »
Has anyone thought of modding a USB-C port onto this controller? (Yes I know the default case doesn't fit, I'm not worried about that). Wondering how much work it'd be and if it's fairly straight forward or if there's any pins and stuff I'd have to re-do/modify.
It may be possible to squeeze one in if you find a USB C connector small enough and are willing to cut the case a little bit. I just ordered parts to build one of these controllers with a Teensy 2.0 and I am going to wire it to a panel mount USB-C connector. Building the controller from a teensy takes up significantly less space so you have more room to fit a USB C connector. Only downside is that the teensy can't mount to the case like the normal PCB can. I plan on posting pictures of the process when I get the parts on Friday.

[Leopold FC660C]     [GON NeRD 60]    [Infinity Keyboard]    [ Model M Silver Label]
[Topre 45g Silent]     [Gateron Black]    [Cherry MX Black]     [Model Number 1390636]
                                                                                         [May 20, 1987]

Offline hansmuff

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 23:02:17 »
US FC660C with Alt Controller. I use the TMK keymap editor and flip to alter my keyboard layout.

One of my hopes was that I could designate a modifier key to switch to a layer that produces German Umlauts, a u o with the dots on them. But I haven't found a way to get that working and all I find via google is murky at best.

I am strictly a Windows user, at least for the purpose of needing those characters. I realize I could use AHK, and I might do that if I have to. But doing it all via the keyboard controller would be so much cleaner.

Is this something that can't be done, should I stop looking? Any hints appreciated. Perhaps if there's some hacking in C code required, I might be able to do this as a work of passion but I would need just a hint as to where to look and generally what would need to be done..
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 May 2019, 23:45:58 by hansmuff »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 23:39:40 »
You may want to check these.  I think the "modified keys" can be assigned to any key on a layer you defined if you are still using German-supported/International keyboard layout.

https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/wiki/FAQ-Keymap#1-keyboard-layout
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_core/blob/master/doc/keymap.md#212-modified-key

This keymapping topic is not specific to FC660C Alt Controller, so feel free to post in thread or TMK firmware if you have any further question.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41989.0

US FC660C with Alt Controller:

One of my hopes was that I could designate a modifier key to switch to a layer that produces German Umlauts, a u o with the dots on them. But I haven't found a way to get that working and all I find via google is murky at best.

I am strictly a Windows user, at least for the purpose of needing those characters. I realize I could use AHK, and I might do that if I have to. But doing it all via the keyboard controller would be so much cleaner.

Is this something that can't be done, should I stop looking? Any hints appreciated. Perhaps if there's some hacking in C code required, I might be able to do this as a work of passion but I would need just a hint as to where to look and generally what would need to be done..

« Last Edit: Wed, 15 May 2019, 23:45:40 by hasu »

Offline hansmuff

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 08:01:40 »
My quest to Umlauts has lead me to a different solution that works perfectly well for my scenario:
https://eurkey.steffen.bruentjen.eu/

The left alt key acts as AltGr automatically, at least in Windows 10. Perhaps someday when I have more time I will investigate how to do the umlauts via keyboard controller but today is not that day  :cool:

Offline SpatiallyAware

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 08:35:00 »
Hello, I am having some problems with my pegasus hoof, basically, I'm having issues with repeating or stuck keys. It's very noticeable with N, but also happens with X and randomly other keys. It seems to happen worse if it's cold (I primarily use this keyboard in an enclosed patio). I've swapped it with the OEM filco controller on another TKL and the problem follows the Pegasus Hoof. It's not key bounce, sometimes it will repeat the key 5 or 6 times. It sort of looks/feels like a stuck key rather than a key that is "repeating". I've tried reflashing it with no luck. I'm not doing anything odd with the programming, really just converting some F keys to do volume and brightness. I would blame the keyboard if not for the fact that it very noticeably follows the controller when moved to another board.

Thanks for any input

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 16:53:21 »
You are in wrong thread probably?
This thread is for FC660C controller.

EDIT:
I believe that bpiphany designed 'pegasus hoof' controller, but you will have to seller first.
Maybe, you can contact with bpiphany in this thread?
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46700.0
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 January 2020, 17:35:00 by hasu »

Offline SpatiallyAware

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 13:30:15 »
Yes, you are correct. My apologies, wrong thread

Offline gnho

Re: [TMK] FC660C Alt Controller
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 22:34:04 »
Actually I just realized what the problem is. Please ignore.

Offline bevoc

Re: [TMK] FC660C Alt Controller
« Reply #98 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 15:01:01 »
i am trying to make the controller using a pro micro which does not have these pins available

1. B0 (occupied by rx led)
2. C7
3. D5 (occupied by tx led)
4. D6

anyone has made the alt controller using a promicro? i have opened the tmk source and at a lost about the pin assignment. any help is appreciated.

Offline microCuts

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 10:16:41 »

),
 };
+
+
+        LED_ON();
+    }
+}
+
+        LED_OFF();
+    }
+}

Hi Hasu,

I wanted to do the same for the insert LED to blink per keystroke. I tried your hex file, it works. However when i added the code from you quote my led do nothing.

This is the code i added at the end of my file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
#define LED_ON()        PORTB &= ~(1<<5 | 1<<6)
#define LED_OFF()       PORTB |=  (1<<5 | 1<<6)
#define LED_DURATION    100
static uint16_t last_ms = 0;
void hook_matrix_change(keyevent_t event) {
    if (event.pressed) {
        LED_ON();
        last_ms = timer_read();
    }
}

void hook_keyboard_loop(void) {
    if (TIMER_DIFF_16(last_ms, timer_read()) > LED_DURATION) {
        LED_OFF();
    }
}
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didnt add the upper portion of the code from your quote because it gives errors whenever I compiled.  And i guess they are not necessary?

Thanks in advanced.