Author Topic: Chair  (Read 22175 times)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
Chair
« on: Fri, 09 September 2022, 08:05:36 »
I'm after a chair for home office - I now work from home permanently so need a good chair.
I'm a heavy boy, so need something strong but also ergonomic. I suffer from coccyx pain, so it has to be ergonomic in this "area":)
I'm looking at Herman Miller Mirra 2 right now, not as expensive as Aeron, but has all the adjustments etc

What do you guys use and do you like it?
What would you suggest, recommend?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline desgeek

• Desgeek
Re: Chair
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 01 December 2022, 01:38:20 »
Adjustable lumbar support is important

Offline TheMastermind

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 14 December 2022, 13:15:43 »
I really like the Aeron as I got mine for a steal at around $200. If you can find a good one used with the PostureFit (updated lumbar support), it'll probably be the last chair you ever need to buy!

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 16 January 2023, 09:26:03 »
I really like the Aeron as I got mine for a steal at around $200. If you can find a good one used with the PostureFit (updated lumbar support), it'll probably be the last chair you ever need to buy!

That is a steal, fortunately they can be found in this range fairly often but you need to keep an eye out constantly for these deals (one of the many reasons I lurk sales threads and pages constantly - I have a hardware hoarding problem too).

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline sovyrrab

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 11 February 2023, 19:10:11 »
That's a ridiculous price. I bought a decked out remastered version at full price and I still feel it is a good deal. It will outlive me. The lumbar support hurts my back though, so I took that off.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 24 February 2023, 17:32:39 »
Ended up with Herman Miller Mirra 2 Triflex.
Nice one :)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline anawilliam850

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 28 February 2023, 15:08:39 »
First, it's essential to make sure the chair you choose is adjustable in multiple ways, including the height, tilt, and lumbar support. Ideally, it should have adjustable armrests as well.

The seat depth and width are also important to consider. Make sure the chair is wide and deep enough to provide enough support for your body, but not too wide that it impedes movement or circulation.

The material of the chair is also important. Leather or vinyl may be more comfortable for some people, but it may not breathe as well as mesh or fabric chairs, leading to sweating or discomfort over time.

It's also essential to look for a chair with good reviews and a warranty to ensure its durability and longevity.

Regarding your specific question, the Herman Miller Mirra 2 is a popular choice for an ergonomic office chair. It has adjustable lumbar support, and the mesh backrest is designed to provide ventilation and support. However, it's essential to try it out before purchasing to ensure it's the right fit for you, especially if you have specific needs due to coccyx pain.

Other options to consider include the Steelcase Gesture, Humanscale Freedom, or the HON Ignition 2.0. It's always best to try out different chairs in person or order from a retailer with a flexible return policy to ensure you get the best fit for your body and needs.