Author Topic: Where to Get Filco 104 Blue Switches?  (Read 2046 times)

Offline liist

Where to Get Filco 104 Blue Switches?
« on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 21:26:24 »
I am looking on Amazon about where to get a Filco 104 with Cherry MX Blue Switches. So far, I have a Unicomp and several old IBM Model M's and I really want to try out a Cherry Blue keyboard, and I heard that Filcos are much better.

The Unicomp is very nice at work, but it is a hell of a workout when you're typing constantly (I do dictation work).
Kinesis Advantage, Filco Majestouch-2 104, Unicomp Spacesaver with blank keys, Several IBM Model M\'s, two Microsoft keyboards (forever retired)

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 21:28:20 »
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline liist

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 21:32:04 »
Quote from: reaper~;342314
This one?

I was actually looking at that but I was just not sure. Can it come with blank keys? Not a big factor, I will stick pick this if it truly is way better than the Das. So ready to pull the trigger, but it's such a big purchase for me.
Kinesis Advantage, Filco Majestouch-2 104, Unicomp Spacesaver with blank keys, Several IBM Model M\'s, two Microsoft keyboards (forever retired)

Offline liist

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 21:33:23 »
Actually I was looking at FKBN104M/EB2 and the one you showed me is FKBN104MC/EB2. Someone give me a quick summary or a link to a thread? This is pretty tough for a newbie like me.

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 21:40:34 »
Quote from: liist;342319
Actually I was looking at FKBN104M/EB2 and the one you showed me is FKBN104MC/EB2. Someone give me a quick summary or a link to a thread? This is pretty tough for a newbie like me.

that has brown switches
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline minhtri

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 21:41:53 »
FKBN104M/EB2 -> brown switch
FKBN104MC/EB2 -> blue switch

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 21:42:52 »
Quote from: liist;342319

The one I linked you has blue switches (FKBN104MC/EB2) and the one you were looking at has the browns (FKBN104M/EB2).  Anyway, here's the link to mech keyboard guide.
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline liist

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 21:44:31 »
Quote from: noodles256;342321
that has brown switches

Quote from: minhtri;342322
FKBN104M/EB2 -> brown switch
FKBN104MC/EB2 -> blue switch

Thanks guys, I almost pulled the trigger on the brown switch one, but good thing I was hesitant. Knowing me and my growing addiction to keyboards, as we as just about everyone in this forum, I will probably end up with both and possibly even get a Das without good reason.

Update: Just bought the blue keys. That's how impulsive it was, but at least I can help pad my paycheck with this new keyboard by the time I get this in the mail. And now no one in the office has a better keyboard than mine. One former employee used to have a Das and I think one person in the office has a Rosewill with mechanical switches, although it's not loud.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 May 2011, 21:48:51 by liist »

Offline godofdeath

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 06 May 2011, 00:08:38 »
Quote from: liist;342325
Thanks guys, I almost pulled the trigger on the brown switch one, but good thing I was hesitant. Knowing me and my growing addiction to keyboards, as we as just about everyone in this forum, I will probably end up with both and possibly even get a Das without good reason.

Update: Just bought the blue keys. That's how impulsive it was, but at least I can help pad my paycheck with this new keyboard by the time I get this in the mail. And now no one in the office has a better keyboard than mine. One former employee used to have a Das and I think one person in the office has a Rosewill with mechanical switches, although it's not loud.

rosewill if it was mechanical is the same as a filco blue