Author Topic: Where to find cherry platemount & PCB mount stabilizers? And 7u wires?  (Read 986 times)

Offline DzyDzyDino

Just got a couple keyboard kits in I want to build, and I'm dying over the fact that I can't finish them because I have no stabs.

I harvested some cherry pcb mount stabs off of a G80-8113, but it had a 6.2u spacebar and I need a few 7u wires. I foolishly thought they would be available online somewhere, but they're not anywhere I know where to look! I can't post in classifieds yet ... it seems really silly to go and buy a cherry board just to harvest it for a 7u stab wire. In fact, that sounds outright stupid. Surely, there's some other options?

I saw a youtube video with someone bending their own wires. Do costar and cherry stabs use the same wires? Or what kind of wire would I need for a cherry stab wire?

I'd rather not go this route as the bender isn't super cheap, and I'd  only be using it twice which is not worth the investment.

If anyone has any extra stabs laying around they want to get rid of, or can possibly point me towards where I can find some. I think I have enough of the shorter stabs, I'm just in the need of a few 7u stab wires. Ideally together with the stabilizers. And possibly a 6.25u cherry platemount stab wire (one without the bend in the middle) -- this might be handled already, not sure.

Sorry if this is inappropriate for this forum, since it's kind of a wtb, but I'm really just wanting to finish building these boards -- especially since I've sold off nearly all my boards except for what I'm building -- thinking I could build these and use them... but no stabs!!

Can anyone help me out? Thanks!!!!

Offline billnye

• ability man
Re: Where to find cherry platemount & PCB mount stabilizers? And 7u wires?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 19:19:11 »
There was recently a group buy for Cherry stabs, so you may find someone that can help you out!

Worst case, you can buy some from here:

http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/stabilizers/18-pcb-mount-stabilizers-tkl.html