Author Topic: [IC] KAT Oasis - GB January 31st  (Read 135444 times)

Offline NathanielGoodtimes

• n/a
Re: [IC] KAT Oasis
« Reply #400 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 14:48:20 »
Looks amazing! Take my money!

Offline bobdenard

« Reply #401 on: Thu, 02 January 2020, 17:11:29 »
Is it the lighting or do the alphas samples look way too white?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #402 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 00:25:24 »
Is it the lighting or do the alphas samples look way too white?

It's 100% the lightning! We're in winter now and because of work I have little to no natural light to take pictures. here is another shot (key at the top has way too much light, but the rest are a better indication)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #403 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 13:39:44 »
Hello Everyone!

I hope you had a wonderful time with your families and loved ones and I wish you all the best for 2020!

In a little less than a month starts the GB for KAT Oasis, and I wanted to take the time to update you guys on the status of the keyset 😊

GB Date & Vendors

GB will start on January 31st (Friday) and will run for 5 weeks up to March 6th.

Vendors for KAT Oasis are:
  • Europe: MyKeyboard.eu
  • NA: Kono
  • Canada: Deskhero
  • Asia: zFrontier
  • Oceania: DailyClack

White Conone - Kits: Arabic Alpha | Oasis Modifiers | Oasis Novelties | Liha Spacebar

Prices

This is probably the most important information so here you go! The last column (Unit Count) is literally what it says, it’s the number of units that a kit represents and this is what is counted towards the final MOQ 😊 I’ve also worked with vendors to try and keep the same price for kits that have both an Oasis (blue) and Liha (brown) variant.

↡ Kits\Vendors MyKeyboard (EU) Kono (NA)Deskhero.ca (Canada)zFrontier (Asian)zFrontier (China)DailyClack (Oceania)
Unit Count
Latin Alpha
€31
$29.99
CAD42
$28
₯166
$43.19
49.5u
Arabian Alpha
€31
$29.99
CAD42
$28
₯166
$43.19
49.5u
Blank Alpha
€23
$19.99
CAD28
$21
₯124
$28.79
49.5u
Oasis Modifiers
€64
$54.99
CAD76
$62
₯368
$79.19
98.25u
Oasis Blank Modifiers
€41
$44.99
CAD62
$37
₯220
$64.79
87.25u
Liha Modifiers
€64
$54.99
CAD76
$58
₯345
$79.19
98.25u
Liha Blank Modifiers
€57
$54.99
CAD76
$52
₯309
$79.19
87.25u
Oasis Calculus
€20
$21.99
CAD28
$18
₯107
$28.79
28u
Liha Calculus
€20
$21.99
CAD28
$18
₯107
$28.79
28u
Oasis Spacebar
€13
$17.99
CAD25
$12
₯71
$25.91
28.25u
Liha Spacebar
€19
$19.99
CAD28
$17
₯101
$28.79
28.25u
Accent
€5.50
$9.99
CAD14
$5
₯29
$14.39
8.25u
UK
€10
$12.99
CAD18
$9
₯53
$18.71
14u
International
€36
$34.99
CAD48
$33
₯196
$50.39
55u
Baguette
€22
$22.99
CAD31
$20
₯119
$33.11
34u
Colevrak
€30
$29.99
CAD42
$28
₯166
$43.19
43.5u
CMD
€10
$14.99
CAD21
$9
₯53
$21.59
15u
Oasis 40s
€43
$39.99
CAD55
$40
₯238
$57.59
65.25u
Liha 40s
€43
$39.99
CAD55
$40
₯238
$57.59
65.25u
Oasis Ortho
€26
$24.99
CAD34
$24
₯142
$35.99
39u
Liha Ortho
€26
$24.99
CAD34
$24
₯142
$35.99
39u
Oasis Ergo
€41
$39.99
CAD55
$39
₯232
$57.59
62u
Liha Ergo
€41
$39.99
CAD55
$39
₯232
$57.59
62u
Oasis Novelties
€18
$19.99
CAD28
$17
₯101
$28.79
28.5u
Liha Novelties
€18
$19.99
CAD28
$17
₯101
$28.79
28.5u

White Conone - Kits: Arabic Alpha | Oasis Modifiers | Oasis Novelties | Liha Spacebar

Artisans

I am so excited with the lineup of artisans that are doing a collab for this set=

• Artkey (
    More
    )
  • Alpha Keycaps
  • SUK
  • Keyforge
  • BAD
  • Coz
  • GSK
  • Meika
  • Gothcaps
  • HWS
  • Lividity
  • Girlycaps(
    More
    )
  • Ritual Master
  • Lo-Ki
  • RAMA

Raffles for those keys will happen during the GB and after the GB period as some artisans have a busy schedule, but I hope each and everyone of you will find something you love in that list!
Thank  you for reading this

Brussels - Kits: Latin Alpha | Liha Modifiers | Liha Novelties

Offline dmatx1

Re: [IC] KAT Oasis - GB January 31st
« Reply #404 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 14:37:25 »
What is the estimated ship date?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #405 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 14:40:28 »

That is a good question. I have asked it and will let everyone know as soon as I hear back from zFrontier :) rest assured I already asked ;)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #406 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 16:05:21 »
Can you please confirm which of the photos are the closest to real life colors you see with your eyes?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #407 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 16:19:21 »
Can you please confirm which of the photos are the closest to real life colors you see with your eyes?

definitely the ones with the deskmat. I know some have some funky alphas (the Brussels keyboars have alphas that are too saturated), but I decided to let those cause the still display the different possibilities with the keyset :)

Offline long_qt_pie

« Reply #408 on: Sat, 04 January 2020, 08:38:59 »
I just noticed in one of the renders there is a 1.5u [sun] and [palm tree] novelty, but the kits only include the 1.5u palm tree, is there no 1.5u sun?  Also, the novelty kits only include 1x 1.5u novelty of each variant?
Jetfire | Mech 27 v1 | Mira SE | Singa | Orion 2.5 | Eo87 | Lubrigante | MGA | IBM F XT | AEKII | Lightpad | Exent | Dolphin Rev 2 | F1-8x | Mr Suit

Offline DevJake

« Reply #409 on: Sat, 04 January 2020, 13:23:24 »
i think i need it

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #410 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 12:34:56 »
I just noticed in one of the renders there is a 1.5u [sun] and [palm tree] novelty, but the kits only include the 1.5u palm tree, is there no 1.5u sun?  Also, the novelty kits only include 1x 1.5u novelty of each variant?

You are totally right. This was one of the first renders I got done for the set and that mistake was made because of me - the kits are indeed as depicted in the kits images, so there is only two 1.5u novelties - sorry for the mistake :(

Some more renders are coming soon :)

Offline phinix

« Reply #411 on: Mon, 06 January 2020, 09:43:07 »

definitely the ones with the deskmat. I know some have some funky alphas (the Brussels keyboars have alphas that are too saturated), but I decided to let those cause the still display the different possibilities with the keyset :)

So colors on the photo below do not match real live colors as you see them? Are these too bright?

As these on photo above and those rendered ones are different, I want to understand what are those colors in reality.
Are they darker like on renders with desk mat or bright like the photo above?
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 January 2020, 09:44:38 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #412 on: Mon, 06 January 2020, 09:56:58 »

So colors on the photo below do not match real live colors as you see them? Are these too bright?

Show Image

As these on photo above and those rendered ones are different, I want to understand what are those colors in reality.

I understand this is a little confusing, and I will make sure to take some more pictures today when I get home with different lightning to show what I mean.

These renders, out of all the ones I had made, represent the best what the samples look like. They are not an exact match to the pictures because lightning does a lot - the picture you linked has been taken with a DSLR on my balcony around 4.00-5.00 PM with some natural light (not sun, just light) so they look cooler/brighter. The modifiers on the white Conone look a little more bright because of the lightning used and because of the white case.

This picture I linked a couple of days ago was taken with my iPhone on my desk with way less natural light and my desklamp on.

IRL - if we you just forget the sample pics and everything, they look a little warmer/saturated than the picture you are linking, but less so than the Brussels render. Again, I'll take a couple more pictures next to items that I now people have at their home so they can try and compare (can of coke, my silver iPhone, etc.) so you can get a better idea of how it looks.

Hopefully my answer helps a little :)

Offline trabbit

« Reply #413 on: Mon, 06 January 2020, 20:57:48 »
This looks fantastic. Good luck with GB.

Offline phinix

« Reply #414 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 02:38:02 »

Show Image

I understand this is a little confusing, and I will make sure to take some more pictures today when I get home with different lightning to show what I mean.

These renders, out of all the ones I had made, represent the best what the samples look like. They are not an exact match to the pictures because lightning does a lot - the picture you linked has been taken with a DSLR on my balcony around 4.00-5.00 PM with some natural light (not sun, just light) so they look cooler/brighter. The modifiers on the white Conone look a little more bright because of the lightning used and because of the white case.

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

This picture I linked a couple of days ago was taken with my iPhone on my desk with way less natural light and my desklamp on.

Show Image

IRL - if we you just forget the sample pics and everything, they look a little warmer/saturated than the picture you are linking, but less so than the Brussels render. Again, I'll take a couple more pictures next to items that I now people have at their home so they can try and compare (can of coke, my silver iPhone, etc.) so you can get a better idea of how it looks.

Hopefully my answer helps a little :)

Cool, thanks for explaining:)

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #415 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 14:28:02 »
Everything looks fantastic, but out of curiousity, why is there a price difference between the two spacebar kits? Both of them have the same amount of keys. Same goes for Oasis Blank Modifiers and Liha Blank Modifiers also if I'm not mistaken.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #416 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 09:27:36 »

I got an answer from zFrontier and it looks like the leadtime is between 3 and 5 months - so with the GB finishing up in March, it should ship around june/july - right for the summer :D

Everything looks fantastic, but out of curiousity, why is there a price difference between the two spacebar kits? Both of them have the same amount of keys. Same goes for Oasis Blank Modifiers and Liha Blank Modifiers also if I'm not mistaken.

So sorry for the delayed answer, opened a tab to reply and then forgot - the price difference is caused by the different quotes we got (which I suspect is caused by the different colors). Most kits had under a dollar difference so we could work on the prices to get them identical regardless of the colorway, this was not possible with the spacebar and the blank modifiers kit unfortunately. I hope this helps with your question :)

Here are some more renders and the first pics I share for the Oasis Eldamar! I will be offering a tri-shot Eldamar as well as a bundle of three single shots ones :)

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #417 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 10:30:29 »

So sorry for the delayed answer, opened a tab to reply and then forgot - the price difference is caused by the different quotes we got (which I suspect is caused by the different colors). Most kits had under a dollar difference so we could work on the prices to get them identical regardless of the colorway, this was not possible with the spacebar and the blank modifiers kit unfortunately. I hope this helps with your question :)

Here are some more renders and the first pics I share for the Oasis Eldamar! I will be offering a tri-shot Eldamar as well as a bundle of three single shots ones :)

Thanks for the reply! Also the green Conone looks yummy :D

Offline Waffle0508

« Reply #418 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 03:03:17 »
Hello, as an Arab I have some feedback/ comments I think you would be interested in. ( I just found out about this so sorry for telling you so close to GB)

1) Arabic Keycaps are usually dual legend with English, so the mono legend Arabic will be useless functionally because most people switch between both (although I'm sure the main consumers will not be using Arabic keyboard anyways so you don't have to worry about that :)  )

2) The word Liha is rarely used, it is a very antiquated word. If you want to say wood, I  suggest Khashab (means wood) (خشب) . It makes more sense, (I had to google what Liha meant, and I'm fluent in Arabic, nobody else from my friends knew either)

Overall it is a very nice set and inshallah I will pick up a set.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #419 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 03:54:09 »
Hello, as an Arab I have some feedback/ comments I think you would be interested in. ( I just found out about this so sorry for telling you so close to GB)

1) Arabic Keycaps are usually dual legend with English, so the mono legend Arabic will be useless functionally because most people switch between both (although I'm sure the main consumers will not be using Arabic keyboard anyways so you don't have to worry about that :)  )

2) The word Liha is rarely used, it is a very antiquated word. If you want to say wood, I  suggest Khashab (means wood) (خشب) . It makes more sense, (I had to google what Liha meant, and I'm fluent in Arabic, nobody else from my friends knew either)

Overall it is a very nice set and inshallah I will pick up a set.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

1) I gave priority to form over functionality on this one - I went with mono arabic legend as a) it was a first for zFrontier/keyreative and I didn't want to take any risk (they could have pulled it off w/o any issue I reckon and that's what samples are for) but also, and most importanlty, b) because I prefer the way it looks now (I made a mock up of both and kept finding the dual legends too clutered) - I didn't think this would be a problem since most people (I think) get this type of kit for visual purposes rather than functionality, but this is definitely something I will consider next time :)

2) I have to admit that I am not fluent in arabic, nor do I pretend to be. I wanted a work for "bark" in arabic and found Liha which at the time I thought sounded nice and was pretty short so it was easy to use - considering this is just for the kit names and is not present on any novelties (as opposed to some sets that have word novelties), I will probably keep it (specially since vendors and manufacturer use the term) but this is also something I'll keep in mind for the next set I do - I'll definitely consult someone fluent in arabic :)

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Re: [IC] KAT Oasis - GB in 9 days!!
« Reply #420 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 06:04:45 »
I don't know if you've checked the J-02 IC, but that thing is stellar! Go show some love to Jae!

J-02- Kits: Latin Alpha | Liha Modifiers | Liha Novelties

I'm also working on a couple nice things that will be announced in the next couple of days! Stay tuned guys :)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #421 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 13:25:26 »
Hello everyone!

Nano. slider

This is the last little bit I have to announce :) I've wanted one ever since I first saw them announced and I'm excited to work with the Keebwerk. team for this one :)

More detail coming soon :D

Artisans

I have been sharing these of the last couple of days on Instagram but I wanted to make a real post about them here as well for those than don't follow me :) I've said it already but I'm blessed to be able to work with so many talented artists!

Artkey

Oasis Medieval Set

Alpha

Oasis Keypora

Lividity

Oasis and Splatasis Gramps, Puppeteer and Parasyte

Gothcaps

Oasis Grave Robbers

Ritual Master

Speckled Desert Warbler

Offline Shurakai

« Reply #422 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 13:35:38 »
Oh my god. Every bit of that is incredible. The colors aren't really to my taste, but everything you announce makes me second guess that.  Good luck with the sale. Hope you sell a ton of all of it.

Offline fax668

• Shaken, not stirred
« Reply #423 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 04:56:00 »
^^^ What he said! ^^^

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Re: [IC] KAT Oasis - GB TOMORROW
« Reply #424 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 07:28:19 »
Ahoy!

How is everyone doing?!

Little update pic on two of the artisans:

Alpha

I didn't expect it, but he suprised us with a Matapora in addition to the keypora (I saw the first shots he made of the keypora - they looked gorgeous, he is now tweaking the blue - you'll see the final result soon!)

BAD

Got this pic when I woke up this morning and was super excited! The blue is a little pale and that will be reworked in the final shots, but I love the accents and know the final results will be stellar!

I'm going to submit the GB thread later today for approval and I'll be closing this one as well - keep an eye out for the GB and THANK YOU for the support!

• n/a
« Reply #425 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 08:34:36 »
IS the desk mat going live at the same time as the set?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #426 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 11:08:46 »
IS the desk mat going live at the same time as the set?

Yes! Everything goes live at the same time - the only question is for zFrontier and the deskmat/Nano. since they are on holidays right now and they set the page to automatically launch tomorrow :-)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #427 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 05:26:20 »
Whilst I wait for the GB thread to be approved and we wait for the various vendors to push Oasis, here is are two pictures I got from Coz this morning:

close up for details:

picture for colormatching:

1st picture is a bit off and was taken with early morning light, check the second picture for colormatching :)

As Coz confirmed to me earlier today, these will be GIVEN AWAY to GB participants, I'll just ask you to cover shipping - I'll ship worldwide of course :-)

Offline monovertex

« Reply #428 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 05:27:36 »
I’m so excited for this GB

Offline Alpsie

« Reply #429 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 05:32:55 »
im waiting for this to go live o  mykeyboard.eu they only seem to have placeholders for some of the kits :S i hope they will get all the kits up

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #430 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 05:53:25 »
im waiting for this to go live o  mykeyboard.eu they only seem to have placeholders for some of the kits :S i hope they will get all the kits up

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

They are on their way to the Swedish Meetup so I suspect it will go live right when they get to their hotel room/airbnb :)

Thanks for the support!

• n/a
« Reply #431 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 09:24:29 »
I have done my civic duty and ordered 282.25‬ units!

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #432 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 09:41:15 »
I'm about to pull the trigger at Kono over here, but I wanted to make sure of something. The alphas are aligned in the center, and the colevrak kit is aligned in the top left corner, at least in the pictures. Certainly they are both aligned the same, right?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #433 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 09:46:42 »

Thank you good sir! <3

I'm about to pull the trigger at Kono over here, but I wanted to make sure of something. The alphas are aligned in the center, and the colevrak kit is aligned in the top left corner, at least in the pictures. Certainly they are both aligned the same, right?

You are 100% right - all legends are centered just like it was with KAT Alpha :) sorry for that, it was on my To-Do list and somehow got crossed off.
Thanks for pointing this out!

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #434 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 09:52:20 »

Thank you good sir! <3

You are 100% right - all legends are centered just like it was with KAT Alpha :) sorry for that, it was on my To-Do list and somehow got crossed off.
Thanks for pointing this out!
Bless up, cooked the alphas, colevrak, mods, and spacebars

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #435 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 13:13:09 »
GB thread is live!

I'm locking this thread :) Thanks everyone for the support!

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #436 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 02:47:46 »
For those that didn't see it on IG - the Artkey raffle will take place on Friday night (European time), the form will stay opened for 12 hours and will be for GB participants only. No minimum price is set to be illegible, but you'll need an order number.

۞ Form will last for 12 hours
۞ Time: 11.00 PM CET (type in that time into Google to convert it to your local time)

Two skeleton knights will be given away to lucky winners!

Keys will be shipped during the next week (I intend to have all of these out by wednesday).

Head over to the GB thread to further discuss this and for more news on raffles