Author Topic: The many faces of Geekhack  (Read 1620492 times)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: The many faces of Geekhack
« Reply #900 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 15:17:07 »
Chinstrap Tuesday.

EG.Moose incoming
I love Elzy

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #901 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 15:22:58 »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #902 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 15:28:44 »
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 November 2014, 12:14:21 by esoomenona »

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #903 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 15:28:53 »
Cute kid foxer.  Here is me and my little girl Eden  :D

(Attachment Link)

Ohh, got any more pictures?  Your cat looks gorgeous.

Yup, and thanks.  Pippin (the cat) is usually on my desk, or in my chair when I am not.  My chair has turned into her scratching post.

Here is a photo of me and Eden from some newborn photos we had done.

Here she is as of yesterday - 5 weeks old.
28349-1
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #904 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 15:30:36 »
Cute kid foxer.  Here is me and my little girl Eden  :D

(Attachment Link)

Yup, and thanks.  Pippin (the cat) is usually on my desk, or in my chair when I am not.  My chair has turned into her scratching post.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

You look like one proud dad!! And it looks like you have good reason to be. They grow up really fast so cherish the moments.

And in your other pic I think the cat's jealous!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #905 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 15:33:16 »
**** I need to step up my pink game. I only have purple =(

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #906 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 16:00:58 »
**** I need to step up my pink game. I only have purple =(

I'll accept custom meebcap orders from you any time. :D
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #907 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 16:29:45 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Oh...I was expecting more cat pictures, but  not a bad looking poop machine.

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #908 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 16:42:29 »
Adorable! Babies are awesome. :D
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #909 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 18:35:02 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Oh...I was expecting more cat pictures, but  not a bad looking poop machine.

Ohhhhhh, well then here:  (First one isn't Pippin, but it is her style). 

She gets regular hair cuts as I am horribly allergic to cats.
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #910 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 02:04:39 »
Oh, what ah cutie!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline iri

« Reply #911 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 04:28:50 »
She gets regular hair cuts as I am horribly allergic to cats.
i am horribly allergic to cats. i can die in a week after locked in a house where a cat lives. even everyday haircuts won't help.
hypoallergic cats is the solution.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #912 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 04:38:21 »
i am horribly allergic to cats. i can die in a week after locked in a house where a cat lives. even everyday haircuts won't help.
hypoallergic cats is the solution.

The first time I read that I thought you said you were allergic to horrible cats :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iri

« Reply #913 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 04:43:59 »
i've met two horrible cats, and i'm only allergic to one of them (horribly allergic!) :p
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #914 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 08:30:40 »

Offline rao2100

« Reply #915 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 09:10:15 »
I am the one wearing sleeveless on the left.

| KMAC LE Vintage Blues | LZ-S Ergo Clears | Filco TKL MJ2 Ninja Reds | CM QFR - Blues | IBM Model M SSK 1991 |

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #916 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 09:43:49 »
I am the one wearing sleeveless on the left.

Show Image

Mmmm... beer...

:p

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #917 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 11:25:07 »
Did someone say beer!? I came as quick as I could.

Offline rao2100

« Reply #918 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 11:52:57 »
Yup, just had 4 liters of lowen brau and a bottle of IPA and a bottle of RPA.
Now having laphroaig while watching LOTR....where history becomes legends and legends becomes myth...
| KMAC LE Vintage Blues | LZ-S Ergo Clears | Filco TKL MJ2 Ninja Reds | CM QFR - Blues | IBM Model M SSK 1991 |

Offline rao2100

« Reply #919 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 11:55:42 »
In the language of Mordor it says....
One ring to rule them all,
One ring to find them,
One ring to bring them all
and in the darkness to bind them....

Offline rao2100

« Reply #920 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 12:25:31 »
Rivendell, we are going to see the elves..   :)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #921 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 12:29:44 »
HA! You sound like fun. I'd love to drink some beers and watch LotR!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #922 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 21:45:29 »

Well, we didn't get to watch LotR this time (next time!), but we did drink some beers...

KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #923 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 21:49:06 »
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 November 2014, 12:12:41 by esoomenona »

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #924 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 23:06:21 »

Well, we didn't get to watch LotR this time (next time!), but we did drink some beers...

Show Image

Not always a need for LotR when you've got good friends and good conversation! Thanks for a fun night.
Mad Jellly!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #925 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 23:16:58 »

Show Image

Not always a need for LotR when you've got good friends and good conversation! Thanks for a fun night.

Was that Buffalo wild wings? Now I'm hungry...

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #926 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 23:20:59 »

Show Image

Gotta watch the extended editions. It's a solid 11 hours between the 3 movies (I think closer to 12, but I'm not sure)

Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #927 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 01:23:56 »

Show Image

That picture is totally Photoshopped. I dont believe for a second that JD isn't Vulcan!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #928 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 02:54:42 »

Show Image

Gotta watch the extended editions. It's a solid 11 hours between the 3 movies (I think closer to 12, but I'm not sure)

I have the extended editions on Bluray, and you should definitely start early if you plan to try to watch them all in one day.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #929 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 03:49:12 »
this is the only thing i object to people wearing...they look ****ing silly and make me question the wearers intelligence.
hell people can wear a ****ing cape and top hat if they please...

I know this is an old reply, but this is the kind of comment a thread like this does not need. Geekhack is a forum with people from all over the world, with many different cultures. There are bound to be people who grew up with different sports, different music, different clothes and a different perception of what is cool, what is pretty, what is fun.

I happen to do sports in which, admitted, I look ridiculous. Both cycling and American Football are sports for which I dress up in full kit, and the general perception of people outside the sport is that I look like a jack ass. I am aware of it and it is ok. If others do not like it, that is completely fine. I do not do it to impress or satisfy them. However, you also have to realize that part of the difference in perception is due to the difference in our backgrounds. If you were raised in my family, where cycling is a thing that your even your grandpa and gandma used to do, and you grew up with. You might feel different about how odd it is for a grown man to leave the house in in lycra. If you grew up in a place where football is a common sport, you may still feel they look silly, but at least it would be more accepted. I think that because this is an international forum, we have to accept these differences in viewpoints and interest. Heck, if anything we should celebrate them.

You can express your dislike for something of course. There is nothing wrong with that. But you do not have to do it in a mean of condescending way. Otherwise we may as well close this thread right now because I might not like the Turkish guy's mustache, and he might not like the Indian girl's henna tattoo, and she might not like the Canadian guy for playing ultimate frisbee since they are all #$% silly.

Sorry just needed to get that of my chest.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 July 2013, 03:50:51 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #930 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 03:54:57 »
I know this is an old reply, but this is the kind of comment a thread like this does not need. Geekhack is a forum with people from all over the world, with many different cultures. There are bound to be people who grew up with different sports, different music, different clothes and a different perception of what is cool, what is pretty, what is fun.

I happen to do sports in which, admitted, I look ridiculous. Both cycling and American Football are sports for which I dress up in full kit, and the general perception of people outside the sport is that I look like a jack ass. I am aware of it and it is ok. If others do not like it, that is completely fine. I do not do it to impress or satisfy them. However, you also have to realize that part of the difference in perception is due to the difference in our backgrounds. If you were raised in my family, where cycling is a thing that your even your grandpa and gandma used to do, and you grew up with. You might feel different about how odd it is for a grown man to leave the house in in lycra. If you grew up in a place where football is a common sport, you may still feel they look silly, but at least it would be more accepted. I think that because this is an international forum, we have to accept these differences in viewpoints and interest. Heck, if anything we should celebrate them.

You can express your dislike for something of course. There is nothing wrong with that. But you do not have to do it in a mean of condescending way. Otherwise we may as well close this thread right now because I might not like the Turkish guy's mustache, and he might not like the Indian girl's henna tattoo, and she might not like the Canadian guy for playing ultimate frisbee since they are all #$% silly.

Sorry just needed to get that of my chest.

You're just lucky you haven't played cricket :D
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #931 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 10:03:16 »

Show Image

I have the extended editions on Bluray, and you should definitely start early if you plan to try to watch them all in one day.

I think we have an interloper amongst us.....or coincidence.....

Amazon's deal of the week....LOTR extended on bluray!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=pe_218170_31200780_pe_button/?ASIN=B007ZQAKHU

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #932 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 21:01:40 »

Show Image

I think we have an interloper amongst us.....or coincidence.....

Amazon's deal of the week....LOTR extended on bluray!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=pe_218170_31200780_pe_button/?ASIN=B007ZQAKHU

damn it! i wish i didn't need to use an HDMI > DVI adapter for my PS3 or i'd totally buy that. curse you hdcp!!
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #933 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 21:31:59 »
Just clicked on this thread for the first time.  Nice.  Perhaps I'll post a picture.  This one looks like fun.  FYI, I'm the thing in the guy's hands.

29068-0

« Last Edit: Mon, 22 July 2013, 21:35:42 by prdlm2009 »
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Luke

• My Technology Blog
« Reply #934 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 04:30:08 »
Only just stumbled across this thread, seems like fun :))

Heres me:

Excuse the crazy hat hair, its usually quite flat :P

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #935 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 04:35:28 »
I knew something fishy was going on here!

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #936 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 13:37:21 »
Just clicked on this thread for the first time.  Nice.  Perhaps I'll post a picture.  This one looks like fun.  FYI, I'm the thing in the guy's hands.

(Attachment Link)

Don't you mean "I'm the guy in the thing's hands"?
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #937 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 13:39:15 »
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 November 2014, 12:11:53 by esoomenona »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #938 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 13:57:04 »
A fish in the hand is worth more than two in the bush. And no one likes fish in the bush...

Bushy fish...what?

And why is that one guy up there standing in a cocaine stockpile?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #939 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 15:04:05 »
A fish in the hand is worth more than two in the bush. And no one likes fish in the bush...

Bushy fish...what?

This is pure snow! Do you know what the street value of this mountain is?!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Luke

• My Technology Blog
« Reply #940 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 15:34:47 »

Bushy fish...what?

I knew I'd heard that somewhere before :P

Offline iri

« Reply #941 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 16:56:41 »
oh, then here i am looking at the unreachable richness

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tadbitnerdy

« Reply #942 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 19:56:54 »
Vacationing in Paris this past spring :)

IMG_3000 by tadbitnerdy, on Flickr

I'm the ugly one in the sunglasses :P
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 July 2013, 20:00:52 by tadbitnerdy »

Offline Luke

• My Technology Blog
« Reply #943 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 01:23:14 »

Show Image

Nice! Where's that?

On a side note those shoes don't look very suitable, careful you don't twist an ankle :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Offline elton5354

« Reply #944 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 01:25:37 »

Offline iri

« Reply #945 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 01:41:19 »

Show Image

Nice! Where's that?
close to gornergrat bahn's upmost station near zermatt in switzerland.

Show Image

On a side note those shoes don't look very suitable, careful you don't twist an ankle :P
oh, noes. they're unbeatable and very convenient. and slippery sole makes for really effective on-feet downhill!

on a serious note, i bought these for £33, used to wear them all year round, when sunshine, rain, snow, +35, -30, whatever. after a couple of years of such treatment they were worn out a bit. i decided to take them to the mountains to successfully kill them and throw away, but that didn't happen. they successfully came through rocks, mud, sand, gravel, snow, goat sh!t and whatever else is in the swiss alps. once when going down from the mountain i went crazy, turned from hiking path into wilderness and got down through slopes like this:

and again, my shoes stood up to all the challenges.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #946 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 07:30:24 »

Bushy fish...what?

I sadly did not see snow until I was well over 20  ???

I want to post a pic of myself but its somewhat gruesome  8)

« Reply #947 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 11:05:08 »
New here, seems like a good place to introduce myself (in addition, of course, to the noob subforum). Also was asked in the OT fashion thread to pics or it didn't happen, so pics.

And red shoes!! Now I just need my Ducky to get here so I can take a picture of them together. :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 August 2013, 11:13:49 by sunbathingjackdaw »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #948 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 11:11:56 »
New here, seems like a good place to introduce myself (in addition, of course, to the noob thread). Also was asked in the OT fashion thread to pics or it didn't happen, so pics.

Show Image

And red shoes!! Now I just need my Ducky to get here so I can take a picture of them together. :D

Those shoes arn't red! :p

welcome to geekhack!

« Reply #949 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 11:13:18 »

Those shoes arn't red! :p

welcome to geekhack!

They look red to me! Orangered, maybe...