Author Topic: [IC] R2 SPACE65 - CyberVoyager (Livestream this Friday 7pm ET)  (Read 114503 times)

Offline ninlawen

Re: [IC] 65%Keyboard SPACE65:Cybervoyager
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 23:17:02 »
This looks really great, but I’m out until the GB runners address the concerning feedback from previous buyers. Ignoring existing customers while asking for more money like everything is peachy is super skeevy.

Offline thornkin

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 23:30:37 »
Will the pcb be compatible with R1?

As an R1 owner, I am excited about a new version. The purple/pink would be amazing with laser.

Offline tuvjhin

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 00:31:28 »
I made an account just to contribute to this IC. New-ish to the hobby and Space 65 has been the board I've been most wanting. I am in!

Offline L8T

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 00:41:14 »
It says there's a brass patina brass on upper right corner but i dont see it anywhere in the renders. Did u the mean bottom right corner piece?

Offline SmilingPudding

• 60% is the best layout.
    • Instagram
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 02:23:53 »
If the PCB flaws from R1 (ESD protection, burnt LEDs) are fixed, I'm in.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
Re: 【IC】65%Keyboard SPACE65:Cybervoyager
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 03:25:56 »
The Space65 is by far my favourite board in my possession, so it's nice to see the design being taken somewhere new - the refresh has grown on me since I first saw it.

However, I do have some concerns regarding fulfilment, as the last two Gray Studio GBs were far from a smooth ride. Hopefully this can be improved.

I will wait for details regarding price before making my judgement - presumably the "noise reduction pad" won't be required to use? My Space65 sounds great without any dampening.

Two minor complaints regarding the design:

1) Screws covered by feet. This is essentially an anti-feature, and is one of the very few complaints I have regarding this board. Two of the feet appear to have been adjusted from R1 to uncover screws, but there are still two covered.

2) Plate mounting. The plate still appears to only mount on three sides, which caused issues with rattle for some people. I personally had no issues as I only used the side mounts with a CF plate, but perhaps this could be something that could be improved.

I should also note that the lack of ESD protection on R1's PCB led to quite a few complaints of RGB LEDs burning out after shorts, which is a shame considering how integral to the design the lighting is.

Thank you so much for your good advice!

The previous GB did not have enough experience.
For this time, we have made sufficient preparations to avoid previous accidents.

The price of Cybervoyager is a little expensive than R1, because there are some more CNC parts.
About noise reduction pad, we do get a lot of good feedback about the Space65`s sound,but  adding this part is also to be able to better.

The plate is that the three sides are fixed and the top is cushioned.
 I think it's a good enough design and the reason why the sound effect of space65 is good.

We will do some tests in a few days. Please look forward to it.

The problem of LED burning also brings us a lot of trouble.

Demo has re optimized the circuit, added protection capacitor and replaced the new LED supplier. We will also give away some components for each keyboard.

We will do our best.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 03:31:20 »
yay! space65 was one my favorite design ever.
for now, just wondering about timeline + available color (hopefully you'd allow different combination instead of fixed combination)
while for concerns, it's been raised by others: covered feet and ESD protection.

THKS!
What I'm expecting now is the end of March or the beginning of April. The production cycle is about 3-4 months.

I'm not sure about the color,because this time there are more keyboard accessories than before, I will update some renderings, and then you can vote on the color. :p

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 03:32:28 »
Will there be polycarbonate option and when do you plan to run it

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
I'm sorry, but this is not PC option this time. :-[

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 03:33:21 »
Can't wait. Hoping a neon Green color is available!

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk
Aye,EVA (purple and  neon green) :p

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 03:34:55 »
The teasers have been killing me. Can't wait for the final details!

Nice design. I like the original Space65 top better, though, due to the inset and the icons, which makes it instantly recognizable.

Really coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool :p :p :p :p :p :p

I'm definitely interested but in the end it depends on the time of the GB and the price of the board.
This year so far is really strong regarding GBs.

Just like many, missed out on the first GB so I will be following this one closely. Very interested!

Nice, was in Think6.5 GB so a discount would be nice =)  Looking forward to this!

Yep...I have two Space65 (one at work and one at home) and this will be a 100% buy for me!

This board is looking really good, thinking this will be good for the Laseron switches and Laser SA set I just picked up recently. Totally fits the Cyberpunk vibe.

Great looking board.  I take it ISO is an option?

Assuming the PCB and plate support the same compat as R1, it'll support ISO:

Show Image

I missed out on r1, hope to get this this time

Sent from my SM-J415G using Tapatalk

I am in

Really thks!! ;)

Offline temp0321

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 03:39:40 »
Please make this pcb compatible with R1 and with ESD protection!

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 03:41:44 »
How about the people you promised in R1 to send replacements for faulty parts (like brass plates)? You promised multiple times to send replacements but failed so far.

I would be very careful in buying anything from them. Good at taking your money, but very bad with support when shipping faulty products. 

Case is nice, but if something goes wrong, you are on your own.
I'm very sorry for that. But I'm really trying to fix it.

We are actively dealing with the after-sales problems of space65 and think6.5.

But the yield rate of copper positioning plate is too low (the structure of space65 requires that the thickness of the positioning plate is very accurate, too thin or too thick will cause too much resonance), so it has not been completed up to now.

I thought about refund before, but because of the replacement of the computer, there is no previous information.

In a few days, I will update a Google form. I recycle all the copper parts in question and complete the full refund.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 03:42:47 »
The price of Cybervoyager is a little expensive than R1, because there are some more CNC parts.

Increase in price is totally understandable considering the increase in complexity - hoping for somewhere around/under $300, but shall have to see.
The R1 board was an amazing deal at $225, I hope this can keep up the same standard.

About noise reduction pad, we do get a lot of good feedback about the Space65`s sound,but  adding this part is also to be able to better.

Offering it is a great idea, I know a lot of people ordered MKUltra foam for their boards so having the option out of the box is nice. I'm just curious if it's possible to assemble the board properly without it  ;)

I think it's a good enough design and the reason why the sound effect of space65 is good.

Curious how the plate is "cushioned" - but again, I'm happy just using the side mounts with CF plate  :D

Demo has re optimized the circuit, added protection capacitor and replaced the new LED supplier. We will also give away some components for each keyboard.

Great news! I was pretty sad when my LEDs burnt out, so I'm glad steps have been taken to prevent the same happening again.

Seconding questions about PCB compatibility with R1 case, as I may order extra PCBs of this to replace my R1's PCB.  :)

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 03:46:00 »
This looks really nice.  I have a space65 and it's probably the nicest sounding keyboard I've built so far.

I will echo what others are asking though:  are you doing anything differently in R2 to address the higher-than-usual rate of LED failure?

Do you know what caused LED failures in R1?  What changes in R2 will prevent the same from happening again?

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 03:47:10 »
This looks really great, but I’m out until the GB runners address the concerning feedback from previous buyers. Ignoring existing customers while asking for more money like everything is peachy is super skeevy.

But the yield rate of copper positioning plate is too low (the structure of space65 requires that the thickness of the positioning plate is very accurate, too thin or too thick will cause too much resonance), so it has not been completed up to now.

I thought about refund before, but because of the replacement of the computer, there is no previous information.

In a few days, I will update a Google form. I recycle all the copper parts in question and complete the full refund.

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 03:49:37 »
Can't wait. Hoping a neon Green color is available!

Aye,EVA (purple and  neon green)
Nice! Saw it in the render now, but hoping if we can reverse the colors if possible? I would like majority to be green color..

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 03:50:04 »
I <3 my R1 and will join for R2!

@Airpotter, Is R2 case compatible with R1 PCB and plate?

I want to know the opposite. I'm hoping for an ESD-protected, USB-C>USB-C functional R2 PCB that is compatible with R1 cases. I love everything about my R1 except for the PCB.
Demo has re optimized the circuit, added protection capacitor and replaced the new LED supplier.
And it is support USB-C>USB-C functional :D

Offline Sm0keWag0n

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 03:52:44 »

Quote from: AIRPOTTER
Demo has re optimized the circuit, added protection capacitor and replaced the new LED supplier.

Excellent! And I'm assuming that the new PCBs will be compatible with the original cases as well?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline sirpew

• phat iso
Re: [IC]65%Keyboard SPACE65:Cybervoyager
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 05:05:03 »
This board looks amazing, great job! Hoping for a colour, other than black, that can match the GMK Dracula set :)
I make cables.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 05:28:16 »
If we're talking colours, let me just say that I will have a very hard time saying no if e-white with brass badges is an option.  ;)

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 05:39:39 »
If we're talking colours, let me just say that I will have a very hard time saying no if e-white with brass badges is an option.  ;)
Just noticed your ID, long time no see old friend!

When I talk about brass, it really hurts.

I dare not touch the more brass parts (except for the ornament in the lower right corner, which position has been confirmed many times before I dare to add it) now.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 05:42:31 »

Increase in price is totally understandable considering the increase in complexity - hoping for somewhere around/under $300, but shall have to see.
The R1 board was an amazing deal at $225, I hope this can keep up the same standard.

Offering it is a great idea, I know a lot of people ordered MKUltra foam for their boards so having the option out of the box is nice. I'm just curious if it's possible to assemble the board properly without it  ;)

Curious how the plate is "cushioned" - but again, I'm happy just using the side mounts with CF plate  :D

Great news! I was pretty sad when my LEDs burnt out, so I'm glad steps have been taken to prevent the same happening again.

Seconding questions about PCB compatibility with R1 case, as I may order extra PCBs of this to replace my R1's PCB.  :)

Aye, considering the previous problems, I decided that the new PCB is compatible with the R1 PCB. :D

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 05:46:53 »
Just noticed your ID, long time no see old friend!

When I talk about brass, it really hurts.

I dare not touch the more brass parts (except for the ornament in the lower right corner, which position has been confirmed many times before I dare to add it) now.

It's good to hear from you man :thumb:

Totally understandable, considering previous events. A shame nonetheless, but I think it's admirable that you know your limits and actively avoid future issues.

Aye, considering the previous problems, I decided that the new PCB is compatible with the R1 PCB. :D

Awesome! Will definitely have to pick more up then.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 05:48:24 »

Quote from: AIRPOTTER

Excellent! And I'm assuming that the new PCBs will be compatible with the original cases as well?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Aye,new PCB compatible with the R1 case.

Offline sjan828

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 05:49:48 »
Def interested!

Offline woyaodapian

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 06:10:32 »
Looking good. My first custom if I can join the GB.

Offline AcroNiseR

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 06:22:05 »
Will pick up one of these if I get in the GB. Looks awesome!  :thumb:

Offline SeamansBeard

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 07:28:13 »
Oh hell yes! Count me in.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 07:40:48 »
Ooooof Potter is back. Nice redesign of the spacc. Definitely one of the best sounding boards on the market.

Offline synthtastic

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 07:54:03 »
Thanks for addressing all of the concerns! The renders are looking fantastic...I'm worried there won't be a red colored one :P
Expensive plastic makes me sigh.

Offline jthoms1

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 08:26:53 »
Can't wait to give you my money.

Offline f0rayw

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 08:38:19 »
Yes please.
Can't wait to see real product :p

Offline Hawksmoor

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 08:42:06 »
Definitely interested. Missed out on R1 and regretted it. Depending on price (and colours!), may get 2

Offline DeadFalcon

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 10:12:16 »
Hyped

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 10:24:17 »
The new renders with color schemes looks awesome! Nice work.

Offline th3_outs1d3r

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 10:53:12 »
I have been waiting for this one. I would love to get my hands on the black with navy accent colorway. It looks amazing, and would match my KAT Atlantis keycap set perfectly!

Offline nettoxx7

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 11:11:16 »
Would you sell interchangeable parts only, in case the user would like to customize the colors?

And since the PCB is compatible with R1, does that mean the R1 case will be compatible with the new PCB?

Thank you and great job with the design ! Really love my Space65

Offline Grandnub

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 11:48:27 »
ME WANT

Offline of_sam

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 12:10:27 »
+1 for Black and Navy. Goofy colorways are cool and all but keep in mind the people that want something similar to R1 who missed out.
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline pqoweiru1

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 12:11:15 »
Do you have a list of color combination availability? Or are the only colors the ones shown in the renders?

Offline Taicho

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 12:14:44 »
Bring back the purple badgeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The white render you had before with the purple badge and the purple and yellow weight. That one looked AMAZING.

Offline sendpie

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 12:29:05 »
Loving the colorways in the renders, definately interested

Offline heyitsqi

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 12:42:29 »
While I may not get the new revision as I quite like the current SPACE65 look but a new PCB with ESD protection would be welcome! Definitely in for a new PCB.

Offline srignacio

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 12:56:18 »
I'm interested too, hope this goes live soon!

Offline beekey

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 15:03:31 »
How about the people you promised in R1 to send replacements for faulty parts (like brass plates)? You promised multiple times to send replacements but failed so far.

I would be very careful in buying anything from them. Good at taking your money, but very bad with support when shipping faulty products. 

Case is nice, but if something goes wrong, you are on your own.

You are good with words but not with actions. What do you mean with “actively”? Sorry, this is a lie. The problem was raised in July 2019. Please check the thread, where people write about not getting any response (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=98768.400). I tried multiple times via email (first 08 August 2019) and PM, etc. Hole GBs where planed and executed in the meantime. We raised the topic again and again. You where not able (or willing?) to create plates or refund in more than half a year. You made promises but never actually delivered.
This now sounds like more of the same. “actively” ? Lets see if your word now is worth something.

Wish you all good luck with the GB. You will need it if something does not work.

Offline abbabon

• I’ve got 99 Zilents and a THOCK ain’t one
    • I make “video games” with all these keyboards
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 17:00:43 »
Yes! Beam me up.

Offline wildcat

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 17:33:42 »
I already have 2 Space65 but I am in. :3

Offline donan

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 17:52:34 »
DUDE! OMG!

Offline donan

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 17:55:38 »
Also does the board have underglow or did you just want the purple one to look cool? :P
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 March 2020, 18:00:34 by donan »

Offline Novafish

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 17:58:44 »
So in for that unit 01 themed one