Author Topic: Handarbeit Group Buy  (Read 16070 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Handarbeit Group Buy
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 20:36:24 »
How are you keep paying for all those? A lot of you guys have to be broke but sitting on a pile of caps! O_o

Yep sitting on a pile of Caps..... that's the only way to live  ;D .

Kinda uncomfortable though.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 03:12:32 »

Not if you've got a bean-bag  :thumb: .

Also glad Sherryton is waiting till end of December for payments here because I've got a BIG Honeywell order to pay off soon.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 03:38:59 »

Not if you've got a bean-bag  :thumb: .

Also glad Sherryton is waiting till end of December for payments here because I've got a BIG Honeywell order to pay off soon.

That's an excellent idea what to do with all those random keycaps from the Crap Bag!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 14:20:45 »
Sending out the message soon!  Expect goooooood prices at the higher moq tiers.

Offline sheknet

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 07:54:23 »

Glad to see the tiered prices!
Just would like to ask if there is also a tiered price for "Full Set" of Handarbeit and Cyrillic?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 01:47:08 »

Good but it currently means nothing to me because Paypal isn't accepted.  Not complaining because there's so many key-caps up for grabs in a lot of great Group Buys.

I hope the Handerbeit GB comes off nicely for everyone here  :thumb: .  Needless to say Sherry's in charge.

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 04:56:40 »

Good but it currently means nothing to me because Paypal isn't accepted.  Not complaining because there's so many key-caps up for grabs in a lot of great Group Buys.

I hope the Handerbeit GB comes off nicely for everyone here  :thumb: .  Needless to say Sherry's in charge.

Pretty sure you could probably talk with someone and pay them via whatever you will be able to and they make an order for you.

Offline gh_pp

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 03:24:08 »
Just placed the group buy order. I'm on board (pun intended) with this handarbeit set. Already ordered another QFR to go with this set.

Drooling  :-*

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tsangan/sets/72157629867634973/

It'll be a LONG wait but I'll have the classic beige and this by end of February?
QFR brown x2, Realforce 45G, Type-S, Keycool 22 blue

Previous keyboards: 55G, IBM Model M, Dell AT101W, Fujitsu FKB4725, G80-3000 clear, QFS green, QFS blue

[WTB] Custom keyboard build

Offline rao2100

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:55:15 »
Was wondering since there are a lot of white on red keys, how much would it cost to get the remaining keys to make it a complete white on red set.
| KMAC LE Vintage Blues | LZ-S Ergo Clears | Filco TKL MJ2 Ninja Reds | CM QFR - Blues | IBM Model M SSK 1991 |

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 19:24:30 »
Was wondering since there are a lot of white on red keys, how much would it cost to get the remaining keys to make it a complete white on red set.

Seriously doubt that would happen, Sherry would need to order 400 sets of the extra keys.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline rao2100

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 19:55:43 »

Seriously doubt that would happen, Sherry would need to order 400 sets of the extra keys.

True,

I already have the red arrow cluster and shifts from EK. And hopefully the red spacebar from Ivan.

So just a few keys more.... :)
| KMAC LE Vintage Blues | LZ-S Ergo Clears | Filco TKL MJ2 Ninja Reds | CM QFR - Blues | IBM Model M SSK 1991 |

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 17:04:27 »
Omnomnom

|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 22:01:41 »
So the only time rainbow puke is allowed is when they're in a handarbeit set?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 02:33:33 »
So the only time rainbow puke is allowed is when they're in a handarbeit set?

You got that right pal  :thumb: .  When GMK makes it all will clamor to behold it's brilliance.  Unfortunately I buried myself so deep into Honeywell, I fear I need a cadaver dog to dig me out of it.

I wish Sherry could hold payment deadlines for this until end of January 2014, but I know that's just a deluded pipe dream.  So sorry to miss out on this BRILLIANT looking baby, because late at night when I try to sleep the thought of missing out on this, will chill me to the bone for years to come  :'(

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 05:22:01 »
So what happened to this? It's not on the website anymore.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 08:17:15 »
So what happened to this? It's not on the website anymore.

Sherry mentioned doing it a different way but  don't think  have gave any details.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 10:28:46 »
in the news/update thread he posted on 12/31 it said he was gonna refund this GB i think.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 10:39:36 »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 13:53:54 »
Damn, I was holding out for Handarbeit till I got some more money from some of my recent sales. Sad that it won't come through anymore.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 13:56:46 »
Damn, I was holding out for Handarbeit till I got some more money from some of my recent sales. Sad that it won't come through anymore.

I don't think he cancelled it....just decided to go about it a different way....

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 17:10:46 »

I don't think he cancelled it....just decided to go about it a different way....

All good, gives us all time to save up for the actual purchase when he re-releases it again  :thumb: .

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 17:27:17 »
I already paid for this and rgby. I would like sherry to post details as to how he intends to spend our money.
What MOQ tier did we hit?
Why did you delete the page instead of mark it out of stock and unavailable for purchase?
By deleting the page now I can not go back and look at the set options I selected when I bought it. all I have is a total amount spent with no details as to which expansion sets I bought.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 17:28:05 »
I already paid for this and rgby. I would like sherry to post details as to how he intends to spend our money.
What MOQ tier did we hit?
Why did you delete the page instead of mark it out of stock and unavailable for purchase?
By deleting the page now I can not go back and look at the set options I selected when I bought it. all I have is a total amount spent with no details as to which expansion sets I bought.

I believe sheraton is out of the country at the moment.

Offline gh_pp

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 00:12:15 »

I believe sheraton is out of the country at the moment.

Just received an email from originative that the handarbeit preorder that I paid months ago is cancelled...

QFR brown x2, Realforce 45G, Type-S, Keycool 22 blue

Previous keyboards: 55G, IBM Model M, Dell AT101W, Fujitsu FKB4725, G80-3000 clear, QFS green, QFS blue

[WTB] Custom keyboard build

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 00:55:43 »
Same here. Mine was cancelled too.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 01:01:56 »
That's a shame.

Due to financial considerations, I postponed entering this, but heard a rumour of its cancellation a little while ago.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 15:41:58 »
Same here, got a mail about my order has been cancelled

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 17:12:36 »
Sherry told me when I asked if I could pay through paypal. But I didn't want people panicking and asking back for their money so I never mentioned it here.

If this ever does get a second chance I will gladly be part of it.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline rao2100

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 04 February 2014, 23:11:57 »
Yup got the refund monies already.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 00:12:17 »
Yup got the refund monies already.

That's good, it means everything is on the up.  Hence now it's the wait for the SECOND Group Buy session.

Sherry has never ripped me off and he was truthful when a problem arises, rather than keeping quiet like some on other GB merchant site  ::)