Author Topic: Is Originative still in business?  (Read 36974 times)

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
Re: Is Originative still in business?
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 02:01:33 »
I tried the creative email route, still no response. I didn't dispute because like me and other's said earlier, the site was fine until recently, but this is getting really bad, he needs to just give an explanation and reassurance, geekhack members go through delays all the time but no communication is unacceptable.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 04:32:24 »
Is there a phone number or something for Sherry or Originative?

Can someone in UK call, even if just to make sure he is ok?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 07:37:39 »
UK? He is based in the US.

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 11:20:28 »
I actually got a shipping confirmation after I asked about refund, I'll update when I actually get the package.
With tracking? I'd really love for him to get his stuff together and stock some more gmk stuff. Not sure if hes looking to put up that kind of cash though.

Yes with tracking.
I really wish him the best to sort out his shop, the things he provide is one of a kind.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 16:24:15 »
UK? He is based in the US.

Uh, who was I thinking of?

Too early in the morning :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 16:25:42 »
A few months back I left a message on their business phone number listed on their FB page asking for a refund. I left my number and I got a text message a few hours later asking what my order number was. Order cancellation refund processed that day.

Offline shawn o

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 21:15:41 »
According to whois...

mod edit: please don't post personal information publicly.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 March 2014, 22:12:56 by Photoelectric »

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 21:54:51 »
[snipe]

Posting real names on the internet is a bad idea, can you delete this?
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 March 2014, 22:13:11 by Photoelectric »

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 21:59:02 »
[snipe]

this information is already on the internet, that is how he got the name in the first place. whois.net
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 March 2014, 22:13:25 by Photoelectric »

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 22:04:29 »
[snipe]

this information is already on the internet, that is how he got the name in the first place. whois.net

My bad.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 March 2014, 22:13:35 by Photoelectric »

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 22:11:43 »
[snipe]

BUT.
The name posted is in no way relevant to our discussion.
You are correct in saying that it is public information, but what are you going to do with this information?
Can you get in touch with originativeco using this name? Are you suggesting we could find this person's phone number? email?
originativeco's contact information is already available, connecting just this name with originativeco's lack of communication will just confuse google's crawler reading this page.
This could be damaging to a person with the same name.
Just my thoughts.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 March 2014, 22:13:53 by Photoelectric »

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
Is Originative still in business?
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 02:37:30 »
http://www.originativeco.com/collections/keysets/products/dolch

Originative's dolch has just been restocked for some reason
Perhaps he's back?
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 02:44:41 »
With no response to a few of my posts in these forum threads and a number of emails I've sent in the past month, I've started a dispute process with my CC company for my Black Otaku order. They're pretty quick to help so far.

It's been 118 days/nearly 4 calendar months since Black Friday, so I would encourage anyone else in my situation (ordered Black Otaku, having trouble getting in touch with Sherry/anyone else from Originative, not willing to have money tied into this buy anymore) to do so as well.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 05:03:17 »

Perhaps he's back?

Base kit still says sold out.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 05:04:16 »

Perhaps he's back?

Yes, I just bought one, or like 30 minutes ago.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 05:10:45 »

Perhaps he's back?

Haha, yeah it was in stock earlier when I ordered it too. :P

I've been afraid to order from Originative, but for Dolch I will roll the dice.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 05:16:12 »

Perhaps he's back?

Haha, yeah it was in stock earlier when I ordered it too. :P

I've been afraid to order from Originative, but for Dolch I will roll the dice.

Same here, but I just bought a **** ton of stuff so I even had to loan money for Dolch... #worth.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 06:09:51 »
Truly hope you guys get your stuff! Everyone needs at least one dolch set :D

I think prices went up to.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 06:21:45 »

This! Everyone deserves some Dolch in their life. :P

Mhm, price went up $10 for the base set at least.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 March 2014, 06:24:29 by epzy »

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 06:23:24 »

$10 higher compared to the old price since base set is now $105 instead of $95, dont know if there're any new keys added to the set tho
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 06:39:34 »

$10 higher compared to the old price since base set is now $105 instead of $95, dont know if there're any new keys added to the set tho

I doubt there are any more keys. What I find so interesting is that the pre-order price for buying the entire dolch offering was between $135-140 and now if you bought it all your paying over $200. So either originative was losing money on the pre-order sets or they are now making ~$50-60 per set. And I know originative is a business and they deserve to make money. I have zero issues with that especially if they are willing to front the money to make MOQ, however given the recent lack of any information whatsoever, orders not being fulfilled, emails going unanswered etc. it would be really great if sherry could at least take a moment, get on here, do his apology thing like usual so people at least know they might eventually get the things they order.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 07:54:43 »
When you front money for a GB you not only are at risk but also lose out money that you could have made even by just having it sit in the bank, since your money us locked up and could have been used for other money making objectives.

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 07:58:29 »
Wa, people are really craving dolch ^-^ , I'll wait until my original order get here before getting the new set that just went up lol

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 08:06:40 »
When you front money for a GB you not only are at risk but also lose out money that you could have made even by just having it sit in the bank, since your money us locked up and could have been used for other money making objectives.

And eventually nobody will do business with someone that has zero communication and doesn't fulfill orders, oh wait that's how it works in the real world.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 08:54:38 »
wow, base set is sold out, seem like I've been underestimating the "Dolch fever" out there :v
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 08:57:04 »
Updated:

Some people received blank RGB keycap sets that are supposed to be from Originative:

Maybe he is back?
I like linear switches

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 09:04:19 »
Photekq's RGB were not from Originative, I know for sure, but I'm not sure about Brocaps...I'm pretty sure they arn't from there either

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 09:07:47 »
BroCaps did not buy them from Originative directly so the set is probably from before Sherry went missing.

Offline shawn o

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 09:53:17 »
Looks like he has chosed to no longer communicate or participate here and instead just use the website to interact with customers. Nothing at all wrong with that but there should be some closure here and/or removing the vendor forum. Also, previous orders/issues should be resolved.

Also, I believe a "charge back" varies between credit card companies but the maximum timeframe is 4 months (rare) and more commonly only 2 months from time of purchase. You can file a dispute but once its reviewed it would be denied if longer than the timeframe in your credit card contract.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 March 2014, 09:56:26 by shawn o »

Offline cphead

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 13:25:35 »
Looks like he has chosed to no longer communicate or participate here and instead just use the website to interact with customers.

I've never gotten a response from him, which isn't cool. Esp when I'm a paying customer who didn't receive what I paid for.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 March 2014, 15:34:12 by cphead »

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 13:49:17 »
I got replies from this email: sheraton[at]originativeco[dot]com
but not from the sales nor info email address.

Offline cphead

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 13:51:04 »
I got replies from this email: sheraton[at]originativeco[dot]com
but not from the sales nor info email address.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 04:51:53 »
So does anyone who ordered that short time dolch restock already receive the dispatch notification?
I rolled the dice on the dolch as well and im worried , but I want dolch so badly I ordered without thinking the risk :p
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 04:56:02 »
So does anyone who ordered that short time dolch restock already receive the dispatch notification?
I rolled the dice on the dolch as well and im worried , but I want dolch so badly I ordered without thinking the risk :p

Nope, not yet, but I wont start to worry just yet.

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 09:54:15 »
Not yet, but it should be fine

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 17:24:17 »
Just got my keycaps, Originative is still in business  :thumb:

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 17:34:26 »

Which keycaps? :o

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 17:38:11 »
Hmm... is the order you posted about earlier, where you waited 2 weeks and then sent a refund request email to get his attention?   :p
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 17:38:21 »
[snipe]

BUT.
The name posted is in no way relevant to our discussion.
You are correct in saying that it is public information, but what are you going to do with this information?
Can you get in touch with originativeco using this name? Are you suggesting we could find this person's phone number? email?
originativeco's contact information is already available, connecting just this name with originativeco's lack of communication will just confuse google's crawler reading this page.
This could be damaging to a person with the same name.
Just my thoughts.
I'm not the one posting the name :p just saying that the information is already online for people to search for it if they want.

Offline t2russo

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 18:17:45 »

Hate to break it to you but you don't know what the **** you are talking about.  Sherry is out several grand worth of stuff to plenty of people on here.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 18:18:23 »
Whoa, just got a shipping confirmation email for my Dolch keyset order.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #91 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 18:21:11 »

Hate to break it to you but you don't know what the **** you are talking about.  Sherry is out several grand worth of stuff to plenty of people on here.

I don't think he means to say that Originative is a well-oiled machine, but that there is a human somewhere fulfilling orders. Or at least some orders.

Offline t2russo

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 18:25:17 »
So what he's trying to encourage is people putting more money into them while they have old customers with orders unfulfilled.  I know exactly what he's saying, he just threw the thumbs up because after his whine he got the keys. 

I've been dealing with this **** for four months and these *******s won't reply to an email at three of their addresses and multiple voicemails.  If they are shipping out other stuff they are intentionally ignoring previous customers and should be treated like the snakes they are. 

FURTHERMORE:

So what happens if not all the current orders get shipped out after encouraging people to buy in?  Who wants to cover that?
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 March 2014, 18:32:11 by t2russo »

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 18:34:43 »
Received my dolch shipment tracking... Cant wait
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 18:36:32 »
Me 2!

Offline stancato9

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 19:05:05 »
I just read through this and this is utterly ridiculous. He is hand choosing which orders to fulfill and which ones not to, deliberately ignoring people.

No one should be giving them any money whatsoever until the other orders are refunded or received by the buyers.
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #96 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 19:10:22 »
Got my dolch shipping notice with usps tracking

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #97 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 19:13:38 »

Does it say accepted at a post office or just that a label was printed?

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #98 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 19:15:50 »

Does it say accepted at a post office or just that a label was printed?

True, my paypal hasn't been touched yet and no real package has been dispatched from usps yet

Still, seems like automation atm

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #99 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 19:26:40 »
I just read through this and this is utterly ridiculous. He is hand choosing which orders to fulfill and which ones not to, deliberately ignoring people.

No one should be giving them any money whatsoever until the other orders are refunded or received by the buyers.
I'm going to have to agree wholeheartedly.

Originitive's site still "accepts" money for the "colorful dubleshots" ... probably Tai Hao but whatever that GB was supposed to be closed in November. Of last year.

Where's my keycaps, man? It's been long enough I doubt I could even proceed with a chargeback now.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user