geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] GMK Klassiker - Production completed - Shipping

(1/13) > >>

Oblotzky:

Guten Tag,

I've teased this set a bit already, but here is the official announcement for it. The idea is pretty simple, I like old sets and an all time classic is OG Beige, but instead of running yet another L9/U9 dual color beige set, I opted to create one with a single base color. It's a light beige tone that is roughly between L9 and U9, and will be matched to a RAL tone. For accents, I really like the RGB accents that some IBM Model M keyboards have, and were featured in several other keysets already, but I was never too fond of their deep saturation. For this set, I picked lighter tones that aren't as strong, but still colorful, I think they fit really well.

GMK Klassiker will launch on October 15th across multiple vendors with a simple 3 kit approach. An International kit is available as it felt mandatory for this project. I wanted to do as few kits as necessary to make sure all MOQ's are easily hit, as we still have quite high lead times with GMK.

TL;DR: Boring beige office keyset is boring.

Vendors
Asia - monokei.co
Canada - deskhero.ca
China - zfrontier.com
Europe - oblotzky.industries
Oceania - dailyclack.com
South Korea - swagkeys.com
United Kingdom - prototypist.net
United States - omnitype.com

Pricing
See individual vendor pages when the group buy is live, regular GB pricing is to be expected.

Timeline
Group Buy: From October 15th 2021 to November 15th 2021.
Delivery: Roughly 12 months after the group buy has ended.

Kits

Keyboard Renders by pikku-allu

ZavaZ86:
Very lit

Jo_hannes:
Klassiker!

ideus:
Congratulations on an excellent idea and for keeping it elegant. It's an interesting take on a classic, featuring Norde+ support from the start and covering the basic layouts; I'd say that depending on shipping costs—that is insane, recently—I'd be in.

Prelim:
if only it had icon mods, would be an instant buy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version