Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving (American) GeekHackers!  (Read 5396 times)

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
Happy Thanksgiving (American) GeekHackers!
« on: Wed, 21 November 2007, 23:19:52 »
Though the holiday season is filled with broken promises, unsubstantiated claims, unrealistic expectations and all the other joys that span from being shoved in a room with everyone you avoid the rest of the year - and this only the beginning of the season - have a great Thanksgiving!

:D

Offline victheslik

« Reply #1 on: Thu, 22 November 2007, 00:20:15 »
-
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 November 2023, 21:56:47 by victheslik »
"The only antidote to mental suffering is physical pain. " Karl Marx
A wiseman once said, "If Bible proves the existence of God, then comic books prove the existence of Superheros."

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 22 November 2007, 01:24:44 »
I can FEEL the love!  ;)

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 22 November 2007, 01:50:34 »
I do what I can.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 22 November 2007, 15:17:42 »
Thanksgiving for me this year was grand. I was locked in a log cabin deep in the woods with three women and 12, count 'em, 12 cats and 2 dogs. One woman has true schizophrenic multiple personality disorder, but she's better now because a couple decades of psychotherapy has gotten her down to just 2 independant personalities. The other woman has post-traumatic stress disorder from years of being beat down-down daily by a man and to make the circle complete, she also suffers from dementia. The other woman is my pregnant chick. Lucky me!

This is not my family, my family is at least sane, but pretty conceded about wealth, which all of you guys here know I don't any of. But my family gets together with their spouse's families for Thanksgiving.

Would you guys be quick to marry into this ****? I don't really believe in God, but I don't think he'd be apt to strike me down to hell for getting my jimmy waxed and then not marrying this chick for the sole reason that her family is that messed up. It's like out of a B horror movie - they all live on the same road but haven't talked to each other since the 80's. If this relationship falls through, I'm going to put a rubber band around my set and castrate myself just so this never happens to me again. I'd be able to live fine without ever having an orgasm again if I would never have to be involved with insane country folk like this ever again.

Now I'm away from that crap and I have to go to work, and after that, I get to come home and take a big test for online lab science class.

Does this **** really get better or do we just learn to hide it?

Offline victheslik

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 22 November 2007, 15:38:10 »
-
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 November 2023, 21:56:52 by victheslik »
A wiseman once said, "If Bible proves the existence of God, then comic books prove the existence of Superheros."

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 22 November 2007, 15:54:58 »
There is a difference between having skeletons in your closet and having them out for all to see while you pick at the bones.

What ever happens, Victor, do not let my jargon dissuade you from going to college - going to school is the only way to make anything of your life, and school will make you a better person. And have all the sex you can, but use condoms at least or you might end up with worse in laws than I may have some day.

And I think you meant to say quite, not quiet.

End of the wisdom for today, I'm gonna go hide in a corner and cry before I have to leave for work. Have a good one.

Offline karlito

• http://altitudegame.com
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 23 November 2007, 02:04:55 »
I find it very depressing that there isn't male birth control... I'll bit my tongue in case there are any female members but we've all heard the stories of women getting pregnant so their man will pop the question.

But seriously did pharmaceutical companies do research and see there would be no market for such a product?

Oh well, kids aren't the end of the world and one day you'll believe it's the greatest thing that ever happed to you.  After all w/out procreation what's the point of life?

Offline iMav

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 23 November 2007, 02:09:18 »
As a father of three, I can tell you that parenthood is a JOY!  You'll not regret it (once you get through that first year, that is).  :)

And I'm someone who really never liked kids...in fact, I still don't much care for anyone else's kids...but I can't imagine being without my three children.  They bring me more joy than one person should be allowed to have.

Offline karlito

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 23 November 2007, 02:09:53 »
This is not my family, my family is at least sane, but pretty conceded about wealth

you ever heard the green day song brat?

Mom and Dad don't look so hot these days
They're getting over the hill
Death is closing in and catching up
As far as I can tell
Got a plan of action and cold blood
And it smells of defiance
I'll just wait for Mom and Dad to die
And got my inheritance
Mom and Dad don't look so hot these days
But my future's looking good

Offline iMav

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 23 November 2007, 02:12:20 »
My kids have GREAT grandparents still kickin'.  They've got a LONG time to wait.  :)

Offline victheslik

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 23 November 2007, 02:17:51 »
-
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 November 2023, 22:07:02 by victheslik »

Offline karlito

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 23 November 2007, 02:23:46 »
Quote from: iMav
My kids have GREAT grandparents still kickin'.  They've got a LONG time to wait.  :)

lol that post was for xsphat since he said his family was conceded about wealth. I guess I should use quotes :P

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 23 November 2007, 03:30:36 »
There is a male birth control pill currently in testing. there are, so far, no long term side effects, which is something the female version of the pill couldn't ever say. It'll be out in ten years or so, and by that time I'll need a forklift to get a hard on.  

I have never been able to stand children. I never wanted children. The only reason I tell people I'm happy about this pregnancy is so I don't come off like an *******. Look, I hope having children is this great life-changing experience, but at the same time I don't believe in magic, so really where does that leave me?

Some of my friends have kids, like 3 year olds, and the thing all of them have in common is NO MONEY. They have houses that are crammed with garbage and everything they have that's new was a gift. None of them have any time to do anything they used to like, and that is my future. One of my buddies got a girl pregnant, he was as into computers as I am. The computer he uses today is a P3 freebie that can't run WoW. He quit playing games on the PC, so he games on a DreamCast. I am going to have to quit writing, and the only payoff is that I can get pissed on by a kid who is going to grow up to hate me.

I'm scared, yeah, but the biggest fear I have is that I'm right.

Offline iMav

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 23 November 2007, 03:59:20 »
Quote from: xsphat

I'm scared, yeah, but the biggest fear I have is that I'm right.

Your life IS most certainly going to change.  And, likely not for the "better" in the short term.  Being thrust into 24/7 parenthood for the first time is a shock to the system.  Many men don't have the "love at first sight" experience that mothers do with their newborns.  Part of that has to do with the bonding that occurs during pregnancy...some of it also has to do with the immediate dependency the baby has on the mother.  

Mark my words...get through the first year and you will ADORE your child.  (it likely won't take that long...but I'm hedging for you)  :)

I've got 3 kids.  Ages ranging from 2 to 8 yrs old.  I have more great computer gear around me now than I ever did before we had kids or even when I was single.  I ride my motorcycle, study martial arts, AND spend a lot of time knee-deep in technology (and that does include all the gaming I care to do).  I also set up stupid websites like this one that, sometimes, actually stick.  :)

I ALSO spend a lot of time with my kids.  There is plenty of me to go around.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 23 November 2007, 04:57:55 »
I hope you're right, and I trust that you are, but in my life, all I've ever done is loose stuff, including everything. I am waiting for my time, the time that my life won't suck, and it just keeps getting further and further away because I keep doing careless stuff like this. I want to love this child and to be a great dad, and I may even have it in me, but I don't know anything for sure. I haven't even been with this girl that long.

I am still here so that means I've decided to give it a try, and I'll try my best. I'm not ready - I'm a 34 year old boy.