Author Topic: das iii typos at higher speeds  (Read 98655 times)

Offline alpslover

das iii typos at higher speeds
« Reply #250 on: Fri, 26 June 2009, 11:52:03 »
Quote from: wellington1869;99386
by the way has megadot fixed this problem yet? (I do see it as a bug by the way). if you buy a new das today, does it have the same issue?

probably.  they said it would be fixed in the 'next version' of the das keyboard (presumably the das 4?).

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #251 on: Fri, 26 June 2009, 11:57:17 »
Quote from: alpslover;99395
probably.  they said it would be fixed in the 'next version' of the das keyboard (presumably the das 4?).

i see, thanks.  you'd think they'd feel some urgency about the issue.

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline watduzhkstand4

« Reply #252 on: Fri, 26 June 2009, 12:10:16 »
It's funny how this thread is still getting more posts day by day when people from DAS clearly did absolutely nothing to fix their boards. Until they make a new one, I don't give a sh*t because Filco is way better imho.
KEYBOARDS
Cherry Blue *Filco Tenkeyless w/ blank keys* w/ red ESC key thanks to Megarat
Cherry Red Noppoo Choc Mini
IBM Model M 1391401 12/15/88
Siig Minitouch w/ White Alps

SOLD
HHKB Pro 2 white w/ blank keys red ESC key and blank WASD keys
HHKB L-2
Cherry Brown Compaq mx11800
Dell AT101W
Cherry Red Leopold 104-key Otaku FC500RR/ABN

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #253 on: Fri, 26 June 2009, 13:41:15 »
Quote from: ripster;99410
Hmm... just realized CST must be for Costar.

This is correct.

Offline lowpoly

« Reply #254 on: Fri, 26 June 2009, 16:50:10 »
you'd think they'd feel some urgency about the issue.    
I suspect the first batch is already produced, packaged and sitting somewhere on a shelf. Maybe 5000 to 10000. They can't just stop production and run a different controller.

Miniguru thread at GH // The Apple M0110 Today

Offline takasta

« Reply #255 on: Fri, 26 June 2009, 16:56:10 »
oh wow. I"ve been reading alto of negative comments on the DAS III lately, i'm starting to worry cause i've got one on order and I can't cancel it ><. Hopefully it may not be as bad as I thought it would be though.
Cherry MX Blue DAS III, FKBN87MC/CB
Cherry MX Brown FKB104M/EB
Topre Capacitative Realforce UB103

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #256 on: Fri, 26 June 2009, 21:14:59 »
Quote from: alpslover;99358
metadot could use this as a selling point.

Or they could say: "As used by scriptwriters of The Fast Show."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75wGSe1SDyw

Offline huha

« Reply #257 on: Sat, 27 June 2009, 00:19:06 »

Now with switch connected!

More results coming later, going to bed now.

-huha
Unicomp Endurapro 105 (blank keycaps, BS) // Cherry G80-3000LSCDE-2 (blues, modded to green MX) // Cherry G80-3000LAMDE-0 (blacks, 2x) // Cherry G80-11900LTMDE-0 (blacks, 2x) // Compaq G80-11801 (browns) // Epson Q203A (Fujitsu Peerless) // IBM Model M2 (BS) // Boscom AS400 Terminal Emulator (OEM\'d Unicomp, BS, 2x) // Dell AT102DW (black Alps) // Mechanical Touch (chinese BS) Acer 6312-KW (Acer mechanics on membrane) // Cherry G84-4100 (ML) // Cherry G80-1000HAD (NKRO, blacks)

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #258 on: Sat, 27 June 2009, 13:10:15 »
Damn, I haven't seen a breadboard since college :x

Offline daskeyboard

A Message from the Das Keyboard Community Manager
« Reply #259 on: Wed, 14 October 2009, 17:48:57 »
Hello Everyone! I'm Andy, the Community Manager for Das Keyboard.  It seems this string has gone on a for very long time. I'm sorry to see that so many people have had poor experiences with Das Keyboard; that's certainly not how we want it to happen!

The underlying point of this string, the n-key rollover error was correct. We discovered about a year ago that for those people who typed more than 120 wpm, the detection time of the keyboard (100 milliseconds) caused some character inversion errors.  I'm told this error is, in part, due to the technical limitations of USB.  Our founder posted this in response to the situation: http://www.daskeyboard.com/blog/?p=82

we discovered that this error only affected those people who type at least 120wpm, which as you know, is very fast. If you don't type that fast, you won't even notice it. If you're one of the gifted people who can type that fast, hopefully you saw this announcement and were able to take advantage of it.  If not, your Das Keyboard still has a full year warranty; I would encourage you to use it!

On another note, the model in question here, the Das Keyboard III, has just been discontinued and been replaced with the Das Keyboard Model S, which has been specifically designed to avoid this character inversion error. The new model also offers media control functions and KVM swtich compatibility. (The Model S Professional also has lasered-on letters, so they won't wear off, even with excessive use.)  If your only complaint about Das Keyboard was simply due to this character inversion error, then I hope you'll give the new Model S a chance.

I saw a few comments about poor customer service experiences. Please accept my apologies for any frustration, time wasted, or any negative experience you had.  Part of my job is to make sure that everyone has a remarkable and positive Das Keyboard experience. I'm completely separate from the helpdesk, but I have a line of communication directly to those to oversee the helpdesk and every other aspect of the company.  

If anyone had or is having any experience with Das Keyboard that is less than remarkable, please contact me right away so I can do my best to make it right.  I do my best to find discussions and forums where people are talking about Das Keyboard, but that obviously is a pretty big task.  I always appreciate customer and fan help in identifying any discussion, both positive and negative, so I can make sure everyone's experience is what it should be.

If you have any feedback, comments, questions, concerns, or any other matter, please let me know.  My name is Andy and you can reach me at community[at]daskeyboard[dot]com.  By the same token, if you have a fun picture or happy story you'd like to share, I love to get those too!

Thanks again for your participation in the Das Keyboard discussion; have a great day!

Offline AndrewZorn

« Reply #260 on: Wed, 14 October 2009, 18:19:53 »
WELL.  Sounds like the DAS could be worth purchasing after all.  Going to do edit a few comments on another forum...

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #261 on: Wed, 14 October 2009, 18:51:48 »
Hey Andy,

Glad you made an account on here and addressed it. For a while it was like Metadot was turning a blind eye to arguably the most active English speaking mechanical keyboard forum. Is Costar still doing your boards? What are you, internally, doing to address the key transposition problem? Not a person stab, were just a bunch of curious nerds, and I'm sure it'll be asked soon or later. Also do you guys offer any type of 'trade in' from the DAS III or the Model S?

Offline erricrice

« Reply #262 on: Wed, 14 October 2009, 20:14:38 »
Quote from: ripster;125467
I'm glad Andy is paid to do this.

Lol yeah...

And just a question for you Andy, maybe you can get a reply from the design department.

Why did you replace the left windows key with a function key?  That seems counterproductive to me.  I understand everyone uses their keyboard differently, but I don't know anyone that would rather have some media keys than a usable windows key(right one doesn't count BTW, very few use it haha)

I agree with the stickiness value of this thread!
I\'m selling all my Shizz! Please buy it!

White ALPS: Northgate Omnikey 101-NCS(Real-Complicated)****Filco Zero FKBN87Z/EB(Fukka Simplifieds)****Siig MiniTouch(XM Simplifieds)
Black ALPS: Black Dell AT-101W(Real-Complicated)****ABS M1(Modded Black ALPS, Linear)
Buckling Spring: Model M 1391401(1988 & 1993)
Cherry Blues: DAS III Pro
Cherry Blacks: Cherry G80-11900
Cherry Browns: 3X Cherry G80-8113LRCUS-2
Cherry MY: G81-7000HPBUS-2****G81-3000LANUS-0****Modded to 20g
Rubber Dome: HHKB Lite 2 (White & Black)

Logitech G5[/FONT]
Erricrice\'s Song of the Day: Gorillaz - El Maņana
Yup, Blatantly stealing this from you Kishy, hope you don\'t mind, it\'s a great idea.

Offline sprintf32768

« Reply #263 on: Wed, 14 October 2009, 20:47:22 »
the detection time of the keyboard (100 milliseconds)

Let's assume this statement is referring to the key-transposition problem.  Metadot claims that the Das-3 scans its key switches every 100ms.  So, if you press keys faster than 10Hz, those keys may be transposed on the Das-3.

This claim is ridiculous.  A total fabrication.  It does not even sound plausible.  A keyboard that scanned keyswitches so slowly would be unusable for even a moderate typist.  It is easy to demonstrate that a Das-3 can properly sequence keys struck at 20Hz; I never had problems until 60Hz.  

Why not claim that the keys are scanned at 60Hz, and that only very fast typists will experience transposition errors?  This seems like a plausible claim.  It is not that easy to hit keys at 60Hz.  Only well-practiced key sequences are likely to cross that threshold.

If you want to impress us and win our good favor, please provide supporting documentation that will defend this ridiculous 10Hz claim.  From here, it seems as untruthful as Metadot's claim, only a few months ago, that transposition errors did not happen at all.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #264 on: Wed, 14 October 2009, 21:40:45 »
Andy, really nice to see you at Geekhack. Speaking for myself I really appreciate that you took the trouble to join us.

If we seem a little, er, 'blunt' sometimes, please understand its because we love keyboards and not cuz we hate vendors ;-D I know it may not seem that way  sometimes, but its true.

Any chance we can get a demo of the new S model to try out? If its possible, I think it would go a long way towards assuaging long standing Das fears at GH. And we would be really happy to welcome a new competent blue cherry contender in the marketplace.

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

Offline AndrewZorn

« Reply #265 on: Thu, 15 October 2009, 07:38:16 »
as one of the few people here without a blue cherry board, i rub my hands together in anticipation of being chosen for such a task.

Offline alpslover

« Reply #266 on: Thu, 15 October 2009, 10:18:13 »
Quote from: erricrice;125473
I understand everyone uses their keyboard differently, but I don't know anyone that would rather have some media keys than a usable windows key(right one doesn't count BTW, very few use it haha)

i would rather have the media keys than a left windows key.  of course, i'd prefer to have separate media keys entirely, than having to hit an fn key first.

but, it is what it is.  we'll see if it is what metadot claims it to be.

Offline AndrewZorn

« Reply #267 on: Thu, 15 October 2009, 10:24:37 »
i still dont understand the media keys on the HHKB.  so you have to be in mac mode to use them... fine.

but even in mac mode, they dont work in windows.  fine, ill just map them to a global hotkey for foobar... it won't control it how i want, but better than nothing... but even that won't work!

Offline AndrewZorn

« Reply #268 on: Thu, 15 October 2009, 11:04:56 »
yeah using Fn just for media keys is a bit much... especially when they are so far away.  you're going to need to reach anyway, why not make dedicated keys.  or if you are going to use Fn for them, make them close-by.  taking away a windows key (however useless it might be) just to do all this is even worse.

too bad DAS still doesn't simply state the switches, they use, call it THE BEST KEYBOARD IN THE WORLD, PERIOD, and quotes stuff like this:
"...there's something distinct about the feel of the Das Keyboard that you just won't find anywhere else..."

they say "The Model S Silent keeps it outstanding tactile feel."
tell that to these blue cherry people.
unless they have invented some variant to the blue, instead of using brown like some suspect.

too bad they don't just say!  just go on and on about german engineering and gold-platedness.

EDIT still says NKRO over usb...
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 October 2009, 11:10:02 by AndrewZorn »

Offline ironcoder

« Reply #269 on: Thu, 15 October 2009, 11:53:41 »
Quote from: ripster;125455
Any offensive comments posted by Ripster in this thread were done by somebody that hacked into my account.

Typo there, buddy:

That should have been "Any inoffensive comments..." right? :blabla:

Sorry, man, you made that too easy!
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 October 2009, 11:56:46 by ironcoder »
In the office: Filco 87 Cherry Browns x 2 (one with coffee damage, recovered) ● Lexmark IBM Model M 52G9658 1993 & 1996

Offline erricrice

« Reply #270 on: Thu, 15 October 2009, 21:17:41 »
Quote from: alpslover;125616
i would rather have the media keys than a left windows key.  of course, i'd prefer to have separate media keys entirely, than having to hit an fn key first.

but, it is what it is.  we'll see if it is what metadot claims it to be.

ahh yes but are you a windows user or do you use mac or linux?

I remap mine to capslock anyway, but if I didn't know about software that could do that and I was looking at this keyboard, I would not buy it just for that reason.  I use win all the time and I know a lot of people that do as well.

Like I said, for me it's not a problem, but it seems like for the general public it's not such a good move.

Silent version sounds cool, and yeah my vote's on browns.  
I wonder how the feel of the keyboard would be with browns?  The keycaps have a very unique feel to them compared to a cherry or filco so it would be interesting to feel and hear them without the click.

White ALPS: Northgate Omnikey 101-NCS(Real-Complicated)****Filco Zero FKBN87Z/EB(Fukka Simplifieds)****Siig MiniTouch(XM Simplifieds)
Black ALPS: Black Dell AT-101W(Real-Complicated)****ABS M1(Modded Black ALPS, Linear)

Logitech G5[/FONT]
Yup, Blatantly stealing this from you Kishy, hope you don\'t mind, it\'s a great idea.

Offline alpslover

« Reply #271 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 07:34:21 »
Quote from: erricrice;125869
ahh yes but are you a windows user or do you use mac or linux?
 I use win all the time and I know a lot of people that do as well.

i use windows, but rarely use the windows key.

Offline erricrice

« Reply #272 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 09:47:12 »
Quote from: alpslover;125944
i use windows, but rarely use the windows key.

Oh, I see.

Then away with you!  You are of no use to my arguments!

lol no I guess you're just the first I've met.  What do you do mostly on your computer?

Logitech G5[/FONT]

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #273 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 10:04:47 »
I use Windows, but I don't use the Windows key either.  I didn't "grow up" using the Windows key, and not using it doesn't stop me from doing anything, so I never really cared to start using it.

Offline alpslover

« Reply #274 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 10:21:23 »
Quote from: erricrice;125975

lol no I guess you're just the first I've met.  What do you do mostly on your computer?

the typical things, nothing unusual.  i just never got into the habit of using the windows key.

i wonder if the fn key will produce a scan code (opening up the possibility of remapping), or if it's internal to the keyboard.

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #275 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 10:31:32 »
Quote from: itlnstln;125981
I didn't "grow up" using the Windows key, and not using it doesn't stop me from doing anything, so I never really cared to start using it.
I'm still trying to get used to those funny F11 and F12 keys too. :lol:
Quote from: alpslover;125984
i wonder if the fn key will produce a scan code (opening up the possibility of remapping), or if it's internal to the keyboard.

It would be nice if it did send a scan code that is ignored by normal systems, but I suppose the risk of creating an issue outweighs the potential benefits, at least from the manufacturer's point of view.

Here's a good idea: why don't they (the standards people) define a standard scan code for "Fn"? That way it can do its stuff internal to the keyboard, and the OS can also have some idea what's happening, so it can be remapped or whatever.

Offline erricrice

« Reply #276 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 10:49:29 »
Ahh, I see what it is most likely.  The guys I know are my age(19 and below) so they didn't really grow up without the windows key.  So most of the people I know are using it.

That makes sense.

I just find it really useful because of all the key combos, and the way I like my computer is really clean but I still like to be able to access things really quickly, so the win key is indispensable for me.  

I use the vista start bar search to launch all of my programs, so I just hit win then start typing and I have a program.

And usually, the FN keys don't produce a scancode, just augmenting the scancode of the key that you press after it so it sends the code for vol up or something like that.

Logitech G5[/FONT]

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #277 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 10:52:33 »
Quote from: erricrice;125992
I use the vista start bar search to launch all of my programs, so I just hit win then start typing and I have a program.

Haha. You are probably too young to appreciate the enormous irony in that statement.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #278 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 10:53:31 »
So are you calling me old?

Offline timw4mail

• https://timshomepage.net
« Reply #279 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 10:53:39 »
Quote from: erricrice;125992
Ahh, I see what it is most likely.  The guys I know are my age(19 and below) so they didn't really grow up without the windows key.  So most of the people I know are using it.

That makes sense.

I just find it really useful because of all the key combos, and the way I like my computer is really clean but I still like to be able to access things really quickly, so the win key is indispensable for me.  

And usually, the FN keys don't produce a scancode, just augmenting the scancode of the key that you press after it so it sends the code for vol up or something like that.

Funny, I "grew-up" with the Win key, and still don't really use it with Windows.
Buckling Springs IBM Model F AT, New Model F 77, Unicomp New Model M
Clicky iOne Scorpius M10, OCN-branded Ducky DK-9008-C, Blackmore Nocturna, Redragon Kumara K552-1, Qtronix Scorpius Keypad, Chicony KB-5181(Monterey)
Tactile Apple AEKII (Cream damped ALPS), Filco FKBN91M/JB (Japanese Tenkeyless), Cherry G84-5200, Cherry G84-4100LPAUS, Datalux Spacesaver(Cherry ML), Redragon Devarajas K556 RGB, Newmen GM711, Poker II (Cherry MX Clear), Logitech G910 Orion Spark, Logitech K840
Linear Lenovo Y (Gateron Red), Aluminum kiosk keyboard (Cherry MX Black)

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #280 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 10:54:09 »
Quote from: Rajagra;125993
Haha. You are probably too young to appreciate the enormous irony in that statement.

That got a chuckle from me.

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #281 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 10:55:44 »
Quote from: itlnstln;125994
So are you calling me old?

Depends. Are you in the habit of hitting F2 Space while editing command lines?

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #282 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 11:50:27 »
Not anymore.  I eventually adapted to not using the command line.  I will say, however, that I am suprised what I still remember and what still comes naturally when I do use the command line.  It's like riding a bike.

Offline erricrice

« Reply #283 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 11:54:20 »
Quote from: Rajagra;125993

I really wish I could say I know what you're talking about, but I can't come up with anything.  Would you mind filling me in?  lol

I'm not going to deny that I'm new to this whole thing(computers even, only been into them for about 3 years, I only had a mild acquaintance with them before that)

EDIT: or are you possibly referring to me taking advantage of the simplicity of it all?  I do understand what's going on there, I'm not just bumbling around stupidly.  
The directory for the start bar is c:\programdata\microsoft\windows\startmenu for anyone that's interested btw, you can add shortcuts there and it will be included in the search when you hit win in vista or win7

and no itln I'm not calling you old lol, just calling myself younger and less experienced with the older software
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 October 2009, 12:01:26 by erricrice »

Logitech G5[/FONT]

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #284 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 12:00:31 »
Quote from: itlnstln;125981
I use Windows, but I don't use the Windows key either.  I didn't "grow up" using the Windows key, and not using it doesn't stop me from doing anything, so I never really cared to start using it.

i mapped my two alt keys to windows keys, so now i have four windows keys.

i wish i were kidding ;D

I dont use them as windows keys tho, I use them for layers in my own autohotkey file.

I dont think i've ever used a windows key as a windows key...

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #285 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 12:04:39 »
I never used "dir."  I was a dir/w guy.  With particularly large directories, I would use dir/p.

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #286 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 12:06:19 »
Quote from: erricrice;126029
I really wish I could say I know what you're talking about, but I can't come up with anything.  Would you mind filling me in?  lol

There was this old command-line driven operating system called DOS that let you do the same thing - typing the program name launched it.

But they thought that was too complicated for some users, so they created Windows which let you point at things to run them.

Now they are making Windows easier to use by making it quicker to use the method that DOS used 25 years ago.

We've come full circle. I wonder what comes next. :smile:

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #287 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 12:07:30 »
Quote from: itlnstln;126042
I never used "dir."  I was a dir/w guy.  With particularly large directories, I would use dir/p.

IIRC there was also the popular "dir | more".  IIRC that let you hit the spacebar to get the next full screen of data. I miss using the "pipe" (always thought that was a fun name for it).

Offline alpslover

« Reply #288 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 12:19:34 »
Quote from: wellington1869;126047
IIRC there was also the popular "dir | more".  IIRC that let you hit the spacebar to get the next full screen of data. I miss using the "pipe" (always thought that was a fun name for it).

the 'dir | more' came into use because back then, the 'dir' command did not have a switch ('/p') to pause the directory listing.  'dir' eventually got the '/p' switch at some point.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #289 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 12:22:33 »
Quote from: wellington1869;126047
IIRC there was also the popular "dir | more". IIRC that let you hit the spacebar to get the next full screen of data. I miss using the "pipe" (always thought that was a fun name for it).

This is what dir/p did.

w = "wide" - listed the directory contents across instead of down

p = "pause" - listed the directory contents down like a normal dir command but only a screen at a time, and you would use the spacebar to advance the screen

I'm sure there were more variations, but those were the two I used.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #290 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 12:24:37 »
Quote from: alpslover;126058
the 'dir | more' came into use because back then, the 'dir' command did not have a switch ('/p') to pause the directory listing. 'dir' eventually got the '/p' switch at some point.

Dir|more might be a little before my time then (or I didn't learn it until later).  I was on Commodore 64s and Apple ][s before I went IBM.

Offline JBert

« Reply #291 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 13:16:19 »
Quote from: Rajagra;126045
There was this old command-line driven operating system called DOS that let you do the same thing - typing the program name launched it.

But they thought that was too complicated for some users, so they created Windows which let you point at things to run them.

Now they are making Windows easier to use by making it quicker to use the method that DOS used 25 years ago.

Well, no. Command lines are fast when you know what you want (i.e. you know the command name and its parameters).

What the start menu's search does is looking through the list and trying to match the characters you type with programs; e.g. you can type "wex" to get "Windows explorer" whereas on a console you'd need to type "explorer".
This search is probably the best of both command line and a graphical launcher like the start menu.
IBM Model F XT + Soarer's USB Converter || Cherry G80-3000/Clears

The storage list:
IBM Model F AT || Cherry G80-3000/Blues || Compaq MX11800 (Cherry brown, bizarre layout) || IBM KB-8923 (model M-style RD) || G81-3010 Hxx || BTC 5100C || G81-3000 Sxx || Atari keyboard (?)

Currently ignored by: nobody?

Disclaimer: we don\'t help you save money on [strike]keyboards[/strike] hardware, rather we make you feel less bad about your expense.
[/SIZE]

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #292 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 13:53:01 »
Quote from: alpslover;126058
the 'dir | more' came into use because back then, the 'dir' command did not have a switch ('/p') to pause the directory listing.  'dir' eventually got the '/p' switch at some point.

Yes, but remember that that is a very basic use of piping, which feeds the output of one program into the input of another. You can do amazing things by daisychaining a whole bunch of utilities together in the form
app1|app2|app3|app4

Also you have < and > to redirect input/output to files.

It DOS this was mainly used with FIND, SORT, MORE but other OSes put it to better use.

Offline erricrice

« Reply #293 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 15:27:06 »
Quote from: Rajagra;126045

Ahh, I see.  I didn't use DOS much, but didn't you have to be in the directory that the program was in to launch it?

The whole reason I use the start search is that you don't have to do any directory changing, it's right there right away.

And yeah, I feel kinda the same way about the progression, it's much faster to type it than to move your pointer to it most of the time, but that would require more thought which apparently people are afraid of.

I love anything that saves me time, even if it takes more effort(to a degree of course)

Logitech G5[/FONT]

Offline AndrewZorn

« Reply #294 on: Fri, 16 October 2009, 15:35:41 »
commands vs local executables
not sure about DOS/cmd but i know linux lets you override

not that windows implements it the best, but i think a graphical launcher with suggestions/results is overall the best way of doing things.

not that forgetting a command is a big deal... most of the time tab[tab] is enough to make you remember

Offline civet

« Reply #295 on: Sun, 18 December 2011, 11:45:46 »
Sorry for reviving the thread, but, just for the record, on my 2011-made G80-3000, the problem does not occur (not for any of the combinations listed by the OP)(as stated by multiple users in this thread) . Maybe there's been a design change for the g80-3000.

Offline stereophonic

« Reply #296 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 11:53:34 »
I found this thread by accident, and when I read though the whole thing, and did my own testing, I had to reply because the Model S was released back in 2009 yet I seem to have the same problem that was present in the previous revision. I got mine 11 December 2011. I might call daskeyboard at some point, but I wanted to see what people around here had to say first.

asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf
sdfa
sdfa
asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf
asdf

Thoughts?

Offline stereophonic

« Reply #297 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 15:54:20 »
Humor me.

Offline stereophonic

« Reply #298 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 17:51:35 »
I don't see how that explains why Das released a new revision of the keyboard in 2009 that claims to have fixed the transposition error, but in reality hasn't fixed anything.

EDIT: My keyboard doesn't have the Fn keys, instead I just have a left windows key. Does that mean that my keyboard is from the old revision? I find this weird because on their website, all the pictures are of the supposedly old revision model with the windows key. Did they just not update their site or what? All other websites that sell the Model S also have that picture showing the product...

On a side note: Can anyone confirm that the Rosewill RK-9000RE doesn't have transposition errors?
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 April 2012, 18:18:23 by stereophonic »