Author Topic: [IC] Phantom PLATES  (Read 54557 times)

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
[IC] Phantom PLATES
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 08:18:50 »
Hopefully R3 is for Phantom2.0 :)

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
Re: [IC] Phantom PLATES
« Reply #151 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 16:29:12 »
Any updates today? Just wondering.......  ;D

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #152 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 22:42:48 »
Hopefully R3 is for Phantom2.0 :)
I hear Phantom 2.0 won't have a Teensy in favor of an onboard controller...that makes me sad. there's something about that little thing...
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #153 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 22:50:18 »
there's something about that little thing...

Yeah, there's something about that little thing making a nice custom KB case a little harder or just too bulky.

Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #154 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 22:51:18 »
Yes, there is something about that little thing. It sticks out from the bottom of the PCB, making case fitment a real issue. Onboard is the way to go. :)

Edit: Ninja'd!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #155 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 22:57:31 »
Why attached to the Teensy when you can use the same micro controller and just save space etc? Just wondering why you like it so well:)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #156 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 02:39:59 »
teensy gives you more freedom in case of aggressive customization. I plan to make a wireless keyboard and I need to downvolt to 3.3 and add the bluetooth module. Maybe can be done with the on board chip too, but surely would be harder.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #157 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 02:48:47 »
The teensy is just like a small Breakout board, we just in break it out when we put it onboard. Its the same thing, just all the components are on the keyboard instead of having a secondary daughter PCB.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #158 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 04:13:43 »
teensy board is designed to work with both 5 and 3.3 volts. Will the board be designed with that in mind? (basically space for a voltage regulator).

I think it can be added to the pcb mounted chip, but again working on the teensy would be easier (that's my understanding with very basic electronics knowledge, but I could be very easily wrong).

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #159 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 05:42:06 »
Am I correct in assuming all that needs to be done for Filco compatibility is to cutout the 5 keys above the arrow keys?

Second, I remember seeing somewhere that the other SS plate was incompatible with aluminum cases, I believe it was due to the front bend not being present. I can't find the post, and I'm wondering if that was in regards to the Vortex,  the MKC, or both. If so does anyone know of an aluminum case that this will work with that is actually being made or any ideas on how to make it fit an MKC?

Lastly, any idea on a manufacturing time for this?
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
[IC] Phantom PLATES
« Reply #160 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 09:14:23 »
There was a another thread for filco plates :)

Yes from what I gathered, Phantoms will not fit Vortex nor MKC alu cases. But the I'm not sure if the problem is from the plate.

Offline wogdog

« Reply #161 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 12:57:10 »
So if we initially put in for a ALU plate, and want to change our mind and get the SS plate, what do we need to do? Hypothetically speaking of course...

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #162 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 13:05:21 »
Am I correct in assuming all that needs to be done for Filco compatibility is to cutout the 5 keys above the arrow keys?

Yeah all you have to do is drill out some metal above the arrow keys for compatibility of the Filco. This would only be relevant for the ANS125 plate because that's the Filco's layout. I actually originally designed ANS125 and ISO125 to have the cutout for the controller, but the earlier comments on the first page prompted me to change the controller cutout into the 5 switch holes instead. If you don't want to do any modding, I believe these are what you're looking for:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36907.0

I ordered extras, but some are claimed already so I don't know if there will be any let. I'll have to see after everything is shipped out.

Second, I remember seeing somewhere that the other SS plate was incompatible with aluminum cases, I believe it was due to the front bend not being present. I can't find the post, and I'm wondering if that was in regards to the Vortex,  the MKC, or both. If so does anyone know of an aluminum case that this will work with that is actually being made or any ideas on how to make it fit an MKC?

You probably saw that from one of my post. These plates will not be compatible with a vortex case because those needs the two bends to be mounted, while these plates are just flat throughout. These plates should work with the MKC case, however I don't believe the PCB can go in there. The teensy might add too much thickness, although don't quote me on this.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=37801.msg725171#msg725171

Offline csimi

« Reply #163 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 13:16:43 »
You probably saw that from one of my post. These plates will not be compatible with a vortex case because those needs the two bends to be mounted, while these plates are just flat throughout. These plates should work with the MKC case, however I don't believe the PCB can go in there. The teensy might add too much thickness, although don't quote me on this.

It's good to know that your Universal TKL plates will probably work in the MKC case. Ordered one without even thinking about it.
I'll try the Phantom too though.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #164 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 13:18:38 »
Right now it's almost even between aluminum and stainless steel, with aluminum winning by a small margin. I'm trying to see if they're willing to cut it in both materials without counting it as different parts. One huge advantage to aluminum is the ability for color anodizing, so I'm trying to see if they can add color instead of just clear anodizing without additional costs. The $22/plate quote was only for clear anodizing. I'm bombarding them with a lot of questions, and I'm hoping they will get back to me on Monday.

Offline rindorbrot

« Reply #165 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 13:35:32 »
Can you please give some information regarding the low-volume (<15 pcs) layouts?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #166 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 13:50:37 »
At the end of the GB for these and if volume doesn't hit 15 plates for the really custom ones, there will be 2 choices:

1) everyone within those low volume plates can collectively buy up the rest of the plates until it hits 15 pcs. Now the question is what those few extra plates would be for, and I think a fair solution is to maybe try to sell them off at the end and proceeds go straight to GH donations. If they can't be sold, I'll just keep them to use a rectangle ninja-stars.

2) Those orders will get canceled. For these, I'll put in the order form a second and third alternative to default to in case the orders do get canceled.

Offline nebo

« Reply #167 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 15:16:54 »
To try and get interest for the 7bit #pad style, this is what I have that is a WIP for layout. I think it should work too as far as code goes but of course I won't know until I have it. This is like 10min of work so really I think I'd like to replace scroll lock (because it's legacy and nothing uses it) with num lock so it's not a fn layer for the keypad but a numlock. Picture and ASCII for your preference:

Code: [Select]
* ANSI:
 * ,---.   ,---------------. ,---------------. ,---------------. ,-----------.
 * |Esc|   |F1 |F2 |F3 |F4 | |F5 |F6 |F7 |F8 | |F9 |F10|F11|F12| |PrS|NmL|Pau|
 * `---'   `---------------' `---------------' `---------------' `-----------'
 * ,-----------------------------------------------------------. ,-----------.
 * |~  |  1|  2|  3|  4|  5|  6|  7|  8|  9|  0|  -|  =|Backsp | |Ins|Hom|PgU|
 * |-----------------------------------------------------------| |-----------|
 * |Tab  |  Q|  W|  E|  R|  T|  Y|  U|  I|  O|  P|  [|  ]|    \| |Del|End|PgD|
 * |-----------------------------------------------------------| |---|---|---|
 * |Caps  |  A|  S|  D|  F|  G|  H|  J|  K|  L|  ;|  '|Return  | |???|???|???|
 * |Shift   |  Z|  X|  C|  V|  B|  N|  M|  ,|  .|  /|Shift| FN1| |???|Up |???|
 * |Ctl|   |Alt|          Space                |Alt|       |Ctl| |Lef|Dow|Rig|
 * `-----------------------------------------------------------' `-----------'
 */

KEYMAP(\
    ESC,  F1,  F2,  F3,  F4,  F5,  F6,  F7,  F8,  F9, F10,  F11,  F12,       PSCR, NLCK,  BRK, \
    GRV,   1,   2,   3,   4,   5,   6,   7,   8,   9,   0, MINS,  EQL, BSPC,  INS, HOME, PGUP, \
    TAB,   Q,   W,   E,   R,   T,   Y,   U,   I,   O,   P, LBRC, RBRC, BSLS,  DEL,  END, PGDN, \
    CAPS,   A,   S,   D,   F,   G,   H,   J,   K,   L, SCLN, QUOT,       ENT,   0,    0,    0, \
    LSFT,       Z,   X,   C,   V,   B,   N,   M, COMM,  DOT, SLSH,  RSFT, FN1,  0,    UP,   ), \
    LCTL,     LALT,             SPC,                RALT,       RCTL,         LEFT, DOWN,  RIGHT),

/* 
 * |~  |  1|  2|  3|  4|  5|  6|  7|  8|  9|  0|  -|  =|Backsp | | / | * | - |
 * |Tab  |v++|V--|V__|  R|  T|  Y|  U|  I|  O|  P|  [|  ]|    \| | 7 | 8 | 9 |
 * |Caps  |MPRV|PLLY|MSTP|MNXT|G| H| J|  K|  L|  ;|  '|Return  | | 4 | 5 | 6 |
 * |Shift   |  Z|  X|  C|  V|  B|  N|  M|  ,|  .|  /|Shift| FN1| | 1 | 2 | 3 |
 * |Ctl|   |Alt|          Space                |Alt|       |Ctl| | 0 |Dot| + |
 */

KEYMAP(\
    ESC,  F1,  F2,  F3,  F4,  F5,  F6,  F7,  F8,  F9, F10,  F11,  F12,       PSCR, NLCK,  BRK, \
    GRV,   1,   2,   3,   4,   5,   6,   7,   8,   9,   0, MINS,  EQL, BSPC, KP_MEM_DIV, KP_MEM_MUL, KP_MEM_SUB, \
    TAB,VOLU,VOLD,MUTE,   R,   T,   Y,   U,   I,   O,   P, LBRC, RBRC, BSLS,    7,    8,    9, \
    CAPS,MPRV,MPLY,MSTP,MNXT,  G,   H,   J,   K,   L, SCLN, QUOT,       ENT,    4,    5,    6, \
    LSFT,       Z,   X,   C,   V,   B,   N,   M, COMM,  DOT, SLSH,RSFT, FN1,    1,    2,    3, \
    LCTL,     LALT,             SPC,                RALT,       RCTL,           0,  DOT,  KP_MEM_ADD),

};

and for people who want the whole file, or to tell me if it looks right...
/*
Copyright 2011 Jun Wako <wakojun@gmail.com>

This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
*/

/*
 * Keymap for Phantom controller
 */
#include <stdint.h>
#include <stdbool.h>
#include <avr/pgmspace.h>
#include "keycode.h"
#include "print.h"
#include "debug.h"
#include "util.h"
#include "keymap.h"

// Convert physical keyboard layout to matrix array.
// This is a macro to define keymap easily in keyboard layout form.
#define KEYMAP( \
    K5A, K5C, K5D, K5E, K5F, K5G, K5H, K5I, K5J, K5K, K5L, K5M, K5N,           K5O, K5P, K5Q, \
    K5B, K4A, K4B, K4C, K4D, K4E, K4F, K4G, K4H, K4I, K4J, K4K, K4L, K4N,      K4O, K4P, K4Q, \
    K3A, K3B, K3C, K3D, K3E, K3F, K3G, K3H, K3I, K3J, K3K, K3L, K3M, K3N,      K3O, K3P, K3Q, \
    K2A, K2B, K2C, K2D, K2E, K2F, K2G, K2H, K2I, K2J, K2K, K2L, K2N,           K2O, K2P, K2Q, \
    K1A,      K1C, K1D, K1E, K1F, K1G, K1H, K1I, K1J, K1K, K1L, K1M, K1N,      K1O, K1P, K1Q, \
    K0A,      K0C,           K0H,                     K0K,           K0N,      K0O, K0P, K0Q  \
) { \
/*             A         B         C         D         E         F         G         H         I         J         K         L          M        N          O         P         Q    */  \
/* 0 */   { KC_##K0A, KC_NO,    KC_##K0C, KC_NO   , KC_NO   , KC_NO   , KC_NO   , KC_##K0H, KC_NO   , KC_NO   , KC_##K0K, KC_NO   , KC_NO   , KC_##K0N, KC_##K0O, KC_##K0P, KC_##K0Q}, \
/* 1 */   { KC_##K1A, KC_NO   , KC_##K1C, KC_##K1D, KC_##K1E, KC_##K1F, KC_##K1G, KC_##K1H, KC_##K1I, KC_##K1J, KC_##K1K, KC_##K1L, KC_##K1M, KC_##K1N, KC_##K1O, KC_##K1P, KC_##K1Q}, \
/* 2 */   { KC_##K2A, KC_##K2B, KC_##K2C, KC_##K2D, KC_##K2E, KC_##K2F, KC_##K2G, KC_##K2H, KC_##K2I, KC_##K2J, KC_##K2K, KC_##K2L, KC_NO   , KC_##K2N, KC_##K2O, KC_##K2P, KC_##K2Q}, \
/* 3 */   { KC_##K3A, KC_##K3B, KC_##K3C, KC_##K3D, KC_##K3E, KC_##K3F, KC_##K3G, KC_##K3H, KC_##K3I, KC_##K3J, KC_##K3K, KC_##K3L, KC_##K3M, KC_##K3N, KC_##K3O, KC_##K3P, KC_##K3Q}, \
/* 4 */   { KC_##K4A, KC_##K4B, KC_##K4C, KC_##K4D, KC_##K4E, KC_##K4F, KC_##K4G, KC_##K4H, KC_##K4I, KC_##K4J, KC_##K4K, KC_##K4L, KC_NO   , KC_##K4N, KC_##K4O, KC_##K4P, KC_##K4Q}, \
/* 5 */   { KC_##K5A, KC_##K5B, KC_##K5C, KC_##K5D, KC_##K5E, KC_##K5F, KC_##K5G, KC_##K5H, KC_##K5I, KC_##K5J, KC_##K5K, KC_##K5L, KC_##K5M, KC_##K5N, KC_##K5O, KC_##K5P, KC_##K5Q}, \
}

#define KEYCODE(layer, row, col) (pgm_read_byte(&keymaps[(layer)][(row)][(col)]))

// Assign Fn key(0-7) to a layer to which switch with the Fn key pressed.
static const uint8_t PROGMEM fn_layer[] = {
    0,              // Fn0
    1,              // Fn1
    2,              // Fn2
    3,              // Fn3
    4,              // Fn4
    5,              // Fn5
    6,              // Fn6
    7               // Fn7
};

// Assign Fn key(0-7) to a keycode sent when release Fn key without use of the layer.
// See layer.c for details.
static const uint8_t PROGMEM fn_keycode[] = {
    KC_FN0,          // Fn0
    KC_NO,          // Fn1
    KC_NO,          // Fn2
    KC_NO,          // Fn3
    KC_NO,          // Fn4
    KC_NO,          // Fn5
    KC_NO,          // Fn6
    KC_NO           // Fn7
};

static const uint8_t PROGMEM keymaps[][MATRIX_ROWS][MATRIX_COLS] = {
/* Layer 0: Default Layer
 * ANSI:
 * |~  |  1|  2|  3|  4|  5|  6|  7|  8|  9|  0|  -|  =|Backsp | |Ins|Hom|PgU|
 * |Tab  |  Q|  W|  E|  R|  T|  Y|  U|  I|  O|  P|  [|  ]|    \| |Del|End|PgD|
 * |Caps  |  A|  S|  D|  F|  G|  H|  J|  K|  L|  ;|  '|Return  | |???|???|???|
 * |Shift   |  Z|  X|  C|  V|  B|  N|  M|  ,|  .|  /|Shift| FN1| |???|Up |???|
 * |Ctl|   |Alt|          Space                |Alt|       |Ctl| |Lef|Dow|Rig|
 */

KEYMAP(\
    GRV,   1,   2,   3,   4,   5,   6,   7,   8,   9,   0, MINS,  EQL, BSPC,  INS, HOME, PGUP, \
    TAB,   Q,   W,   E,   R,   T,   Y,   U,   I,   O,   P, LBRC, RBRC, BSLS,  DEL,  END, PGDN, \
    CAPS,   A,   S,   D,   F,   G,   H,   J,   K,   L, SCLN, QUOT,       ENT,   0,    0,    0, \
    LSFT,       Z,   X,   C,   V,   B,   N,   M, COMM,  DOT, SLSH,  RSFT, FN1,  0,    UP,   0, \
    LCTL,     LALT,             SPC,                RALT,       RCTL,         LEFT, DOWN,  RIGHT),

/* 
 * |~  |  1|  2|  3|  4|  5|  6|  7|  8|  9|  0|  -|  =|Backsp | | / | * | - |
 * |Tab  |v++|V--|V__|  R|  T|  Y|  U|  I|  O|  P|  [|  ]|    \| | 7 | 8 | 9 |
 * |Caps  |MPRV|PLLY|MSTP|MNXT|G| H| J|  K|  L|  ;|  '|Return  | | 4 | 5 | 6 |
 * |Shift   |  Z|  X|  C|  V|  B|  N|  M|  ,|  .|  /|Shift| FN1| | 1 | 2 | 3 |
 * |Ctl|   |Alt|          Space                |Alt|       |Ctl| | 0 |Dot| + |
 */

KEYMAP(\
    GRV,   1,   2,   3,   4,   5,   6,   7,   8,   9,   0, MINS,  EQL, BSPC,  PSLS, PAST, PMNS, \
    TAB,VOLU,VOLD,MUTE,   R,   T,   Y,   U,   I,   O,   P, LBRC, RBRC, BSLS,   P7,   P8,   P9, \
    CAPS,MPRV,MPLY,MSTP,MNXT,  G,   H,   J,   K,   L, SCLN, QUOT,       ENT,   P4,   P5,   P6, \
    LSFT,       Z,   X,   C,   V,   B,   N,   M, COMM,  DOT, SLSH,RSFT, FN1,   P1,   P2,   P3, \
    LCTL,     LALT,             SPC,                RALT,       RCTL,          P0, PDOT,  PPLS),

};

uint8_t keymap_get_keycode(uint8_t layer, uint8_t row, uint8_t col)
{
    return KEYCODE(layer, row, col);
}

uint8_t keymap_fn_layer(uint8_t index)
{
    return pgm_read_byte(&fn_layer[index]);
}

uint8_t keymap_fn_keycode(uint8_t index)
{
    return pgm_read_byte(&fn_keycode[index]);
}

« Last Edit: Sun, 13 January 2013, 17:21:18 by nebo »

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #168 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 16:16:34 »
I like the 7bit Number pad style, and I intend to use that layout (though I don't intend to use it as a numberpad. I would need an extra column for that). I figure I can have 5 hardware "macros" above the inverted T arrow keys for whatever I wanted...I don't know what I'd use them for, but they're there!. They're likely going to act as 1-5 on the number pad...
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline nebo

« Reply #169 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 16:23:05 »
Why would you need an extra column? To get the traditional layout sure but I think I'm only sacking the enter key which isn't a huge deal because with the layout the home row enter key is right there.

Offline Tranquilite

« Reply #170 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 16:53:35 »
It looks like you have your keymap mostly right, but it seems you have made a few typos. For the most part all of the rows and columns of the Phantom matrix correspond to the rows and columns of the switch layout. For the case of this macro, it is set up such that rows 0-5 on the phantom PCB correspond to rows 0-5 in the macro, and columns 0-16 on the phantom PCB correspond to columns A-Q in the macro.

For starters, I was looking at these two lines (44 and 49) in your keymap,
    K1A,      K1C, K1D, K1E, K1F, K1G, K1H, K1I, K1J, K1K, K1L, K1N, K10,      K1P, K1Q, K1R, \and
/* 1 */   { KC_##K1A, KC_NO   , KC_##K1C, KC_##K1D, KC_##K1E, KC_##K1F, KC_##K1G, KC_##K1H, KC_##K1I, KC_##K1J, KC_##K1K, KC_##K1L, KC_##K1N, KC_##K1O, KC_##K1P, KC_##K1Q, KC_##K1R}, \And while they should technically work (each part of the macro glues the correct strings together), it would be stylistically correct to have them like this:
    K1A,      K1C, K1D, K1E, K1F, K1G, K1H, K1I, K1J, K1K, K1L, K1M, K1N,      K1O, K1P, K1Q, \and
/* 1 */   { KC_##K1A, KC_NO   , KC_##K1C, KC_##K1D, KC_##K1E, KC_##K1F, KC_##K1G, KC_##K1H, KC_##K1I, KC_##K1J, KC_##K1K, KC_##K1L, KC_##K1M, KC_##K1N, KC_##K1O, KC_##K1P, KC_##K1Q}, \
This makes more sense, because anybody who wants to make changes to your keymap wont have to wonder how there came to be an R'th column in the matrix.

As for the layers, there seems to be one more typo. On line 118, you seem to have a misplaced ')'

Also, I think you may be using the wrong keycodes for your numpad-like section. According to the source, the KC_MEM_ keycodes are not actually used. I am pretty sure KP_MEM_DIV should be KC_PSLS, KP_MEM_MUL should be KC_PAST, KP_MEM_SUB should be KC_PMNS, and KP_MEM_ADD should be KC_PPLS. You may also want to change DOT to PDOT to make it use the numpad dot keycode instead of the ". >" keycode. Also keep in mind that these keycodes need the numlock on in order to function as intended.

Offline nebo

« Reply #171 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 17:19:34 »
Thanks, should have tried to compile it before I posted it :p . Updated everything to be proper, as I said before it was quick and dirty so I didn't do the A-Q right. Fixed it for this though (only reflected in full file).

EDIT - Is there a way to define action for a numlock key if it is not activated? That might be better to have the default later be the numpad but if numlock is off then allow arrow keys and the control block. I'm stupid and should just remember the default action of the keys when numlock is off.....
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 January 2013, 17:30:55 by nebo »

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #172 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 20:17:21 »
well i kinda need to know what way were going alu or ss because id like to get the form up tonight. I do have a place that could do anodizing now so idk if that changes any of you opinions

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #173 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 20:23:21 »
well i kinda need to know what way were going alu or ss because id like to get the form up tonight. I do have a place that could do anodizing now so idk if that changes any of you opinions

Stainless. 
I think a lot of the people that initially voted for Alu were convinced to go SS after hearing everyone's arguments. 

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #174 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 20:30:52 »

Stainless. 
I think a lot of the people that initially voted for Alu were convinced to go SS after hearing everyone's arguments.

Count me in for Stainless.

Offline nebo

« Reply #175 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 21:24:21 »

Stainless. 
I understand the argument for stainless but I still like a bit of flex that alu could provide. And anodizing.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #176 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 21:26:45 »

Stainless. 
I understand the argument for stainless but I still like a bit of flex that alu could provide. And anodizing.
you shouldnt want flex in a plate...

Offline nebo

« Reply #177 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 21:52:27 »

Stainless. 
It's not flex so much as I don't know how I'd feel about it feeling like a switch mounted to a unmovable board.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #178 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 21:54:41 »

Stainless. 
It's not flex so much as I don't know how I'd feel about it feeling like a switch mounted to a unmovable board.
huh the stiffer the switch is the better it feels to me at least? have you never tried a plate mounted board?

Offline nebo

« Reply #179 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 21:57:08 »

Stainless. 
huh the stiffer the switch is the better it feels to me at least? have you never tried a plate mounted board?
I have, never a SS plate though.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #180 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 21:58:50 »
most retail boards a steel i think....

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #181 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 22:05:43 »
I'm new here and I've never typed on a plate mounted board, so take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt.  :)

I bought a Duck Poker case and moved my Pure to it today. I now see what everyone is talking about regarding flex in a pcb mounted setup like the Poker.

With the Pure, there's a center mount and coupled with an aluminum case, it's a very solid feel. However, moving the Pure to the Duck case and thus not having the center standoff, it has a ton of flex and I can see why plate mounts are so popular with the Poker board. If I keep this board in the case, I plan on at least installing a small dowel to provide the center standoff that's missing on the Duck case.

I know the Phantom isn't a 60% like the Poker/Pure, but how many mount points are on the PCB? Because if it's anything like the Poker, a plate mount will be a must have and I wouldn't want to take any chances with a softer metal. Just sayin'...

Offline nebo

« Reply #182 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 22:08:09 »
Phantom should have a center mount so it wouldn't be that big of a deal. TP, I've used filco, leopold and QFR so whatever those are. I'm not going to make a huge fuss about it if everyone wants SS, just me $.02.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #183 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 22:16:50 »
Phantom should have a center mount so it wouldn't be that big of a deal. TP, I've used filco, leopold and QFR so whatever those are. I'm not going to make a huge fuss about it if everyone wants SS, just me $.02.
those are all steel probably powder coated or maybe some sort of enamel

Offline nebo

« Reply #184 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 22:47:49 »
Do you know if we are considering powder coating?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #185 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 23:02:12 »
Do you know if we are considering powder coating?
at this time no and if we would the plates would have to be altered to adjust for the thickness of the powder coat

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #186 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 01:33:08 »
Are these compatible with say a QuickFire rapid?
SmallFry! <3

Offline Sai

« Reply #187 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 01:46:24 »
form filled !!
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #188 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 04:18:30 »
This is the update I got first thing Monday: There are 5 different plate designs right now and probably a few more will be added. If they will be cut in both aluminum and stainless steel, then that's at least 10 different parts they'll have to process and account for, and each part will have different quantities. It starts to get too complicated like this. They are willing to do it, but will probably split it at ~80 stainless steel and 80 aluminum, which means we get price tier at 80 plates instead of 160. Now here are the two options in regards to material:

• Do both material and get separate quotes, but price will be higher for every plate but at least everyone will get the material they want.
  • Get them done in one material and half of you guys will be unhappy, but at least price will be lower for everyone.

Up to this point, none of this has been my choice but I think I just need to make the call so this doesn't drag on any longer. Huge advantage of aluminum is so we can get color. However the quote I got was for clear anodized, so color would mean it's a few bucks more per plate. There is no point in doing clear anodized, so either pay a few more dollars or don't do anodizing at all, which should lower price to somewhere below $20.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #189 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 04:25:54 »
WFD I started up the GB using Stainless but i dont have many orders yet so it could be swapped to alu. Just as a not though so far I have had no one ask for alu instead of the stainless. Different colors could get messy but could be done and i would think if were getting alu get it anodized because it makes it a non conductive surface (i guess not too important in a plate but still something to consider).

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #190 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 04:42:12 »
Electrical conductivity shouldn't be a factor. Steel is conductive. The anodizing is mainly for the color, not the extra surface protection or the making it less conductive, although those are bonuses.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #191 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 05:09:21 »
Electrical conductivity shouldn't be a factor. Steel is conductive. The anodizing is mainly for the color, not the extra surface protection or the making it less conductive, although those are bonuses.
agreed

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #192 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 09:04:22 »
Electrical conductivity would really only be an issue if you are using an aluminum case, in which case you would want an aluminum plate to avoid galvanic corrosion. Over time the stainless plate could actually weld itself to the aluminum case. In a plastic case it's completely irrelevant.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Tranquilite

« Reply #193 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 17:05:34 »
I put in steel for preferred material when I filled out the interest check, but to be honest I don't particularly care, and would rather have whatever is cheapest.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #194 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 23:32:32 »
Electrical conductivity would really only be an issue if you are using an aluminum case, in which case you would want an aluminum plate to avoid galvanic corrosion. Over time the stainless plate could actually weld itself to the aluminum case. In a plastic case it's completely irrelevant.

oh wow, i think a lot of us are going to a aluminium case, and that plates are stainless.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Re: Re: [IC] Phantom PLATES
« Reply #195 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 23:36:45 »

oh wow, i think a lot of us are going to a aluminium case, and that plates are stainless.
which alu case are you going with? Because i dont think any current ones are compatible... Also all the ones being designed i believe have an integrated or semi integrated plate.

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #196 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 23:39:15 »
If you're really that concerned you can coat the joints with CPC, but to get the kind of corrosion that guy is talking about would take a LONG time.  nothing to worry about.

Offline nebo

« Reply #197 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 23:41:22 »

which alu case are you going with? Because i dont think any current ones are compatible... Also all the ones being designed i believe have an integrated or semi integrated plate.
We could still use the plates from this GB though correct because the mounting holes should be the same?

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #198 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 23:44:12 »

We could still use the plates from this GB though correct because the mounting holes should be the same?

Most cases being designed need a special plate to use
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #199 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 00:18:02 »
If you're really that concerned you can coat the joints with CPC, but to get the kind of corrosion that guy is talking about would take a LONG time.  nothing to worry about.
Actually, it can happen pretty rapidly.

Stainless is actually one of the most noble or cathodic of materials, while aluminum is one of the least. This means these are two of the worst materials you can put together. The stainless will be fine, but will eat the aluminum rather rapidly unless it is protected with something, be it paint, anodizing, plating, etc... It's a serious issue in watercooling computers where you will often have aluminum and brass/copper mixed.

You do however need some moisture present. If you live in the desert, with air conditioning, all will be well for decades. If you live in a humid environment, sweat, or splash something on your board, you might be surprised at how fast it happens. Would it weld together in a matter of weeks? Not likely, but it would damage the surface in that much time, no question.

As also mentioned, this plate will not fit any of the aluminum cases currently on the market, and probably never will, but just something to bear in mind. It was only brought up because of the mention of conductivity.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 January 2013, 00:20:06 by Leslieann »
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More