Author Topic: [IC] KMAC group buy  (Read 3927 times)

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
[IC] KMAC group buy
« on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 23:18:54 »
IC gauging interest for KMAC 87, or basically any custom aluminum TKL. KMAC 87 is the cheapest option to my knowledge though.

Warning before you read this: I do not speak, read, or write Korean, and only have a semblance of an idea of any way to make this possible (basically, idk what I'm doing). The purpose of this interest check is just to see if there is enough interest for me to start bothering people about how I (or anyone) could run a group buy for a KMAC (or KMAC2? I don't like the blockers that much but I'd be happy to go with what the majority likes).

Ideas I had in mind (please provide suggestions or give reasons as to why this group buy wouldn't be feasible):

• Contact people running kbdmod.com and ask if we could order in bulk from their website OR kindly ask a Korean GHer to proxy a bunch of stuff from here (or a cheaper alternative) and pay him/her.
  • ^That one was pretty much all I could think of tbh. I've been hunting all over for an unassembled custom aluminum TKL (besides GON's, don't like open switch as much), and short of spending about $500, there is no way I have found to obtain one.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions or knows people who can make this happen (I would be glad to do whatever to help run this group buy, or just run it myself if possible [more than likely not though :(]), please reply.

Offline yicaoyimu

Re: [IC] KMAC group buy
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 00:15:10 »
Isn't KMAC2 a little too old now? It's been around for a long time and I heard that KMAC3 is being develped. The designer of FMJ 60% case is going to release a TKL kit in one or two months. I highly recommend you hold on for that kit.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 June 2014, 00:17:03 by yicaoyimu »
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 00:24:51 »
Isn't KMAC2 a little too old now? It's been around for a long time and I heard that KMAC3 is being develped. The designer of FMJ 60% case is going to release a TKL kit in one or two months. I highly recommend you hold on for that kit.

Didn't realize KMAC3 and FMJ TKL were on their way. And yea they are pretty old... no longer in production according to Elton, just found this out after making this thread. Don't think this group buy will be a thing, but do you know if anyone will be organizing one for new and upcoming customs?

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 00:29:40 »

Didn't realize KMAC3 and FMJ TKL were on their way. And yea they are pretty old... no longer in production according to Elton, just found this out after making this thread. Don't think this group buy will be a thing, but do you know if anyone will be organizing one for new and upcoming customs?

Don't know much about KMAC3 other than that someone posted a new KMAC PCB on kbdlab. Most likely, feng will do a group buy for FMJ TKL.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 01:48:14 »
Hi Minho, I'm looking for a KMAC Happy.

Any chance of us gathering enough interest for a GB?

It's a very neat keyboard.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 03:17:28 »

Also remember that NOT all Group Buy suggestions are carried through hence your interest alone could bring this forth to the wider community.  I have never personally run any Group Buy due to other circumstances involved but if you're 100% committed, then count me in for the moolah on a new Kmac 3 and/or FMJ TKL.

Offline feizor

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 05:43:33 »

Also remember that NOT all Group Buy suggestions are carried through hence your interest alone could bring this forth to the wider community.  I have never personally run any Group Buy due to other circumstances involved but if you're 100% committed, then count me in for the moolah on a new Kmac 3 and/or FMJ TKL.

I just happen to be looking for a nice solid korean custom so I am also in!

Offline Den441

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 06:14:04 »
The boards that winkeyless.kr are putting out look great. RGB underlighting with the floating key style. Might be something to look into if you want something new and different from what we get over here. I am holding out for that TX87 GB, but if that doesn't pan out, I would definitely be in for a winkeyless.kr b.87.
Custom Wrist Rests, Artisan Keycaps, and more - http://battlestation.io

Sales Thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74835.0

Offline feizor

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 08:11:02 »
The boards that winkeyless.kr are putting out look great. RGB underlighting with the floating key style. Might be something to look into if you want something new and different from what we get over here. I am holding out for that TX87 GB, but if that doesn't pan out, I would definitely be in for a winkeyless.kr b.87.

I can only see pcbs on the winkeyless.kr site? Can't see any cases, just a polycarb case bottom?

Offline Den441

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 14:51:18 »

I can only see pcbs on the winkeyless.kr site? Can't see any cases, just a polycarb case bottom?

They use a another supplier for the cases. http://hanaacryl.com/product/?s_category=150
Custom Wrist Rests, Artisan Keycaps, and more - http://battlestation.io

Sales Thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74835.0

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 16:36:06 »
Been pondering trying to pick up a winkeyless.kr board for a while now; specifically, that 75% one.  A GB for that would be amazing.

Offline Elocutive

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 17:19:03 »
If you can get any Korean TKL custom for a group buy, I'll be in. Maybe if it is 60.
LZCE- Black, red, ergo clears

Wanting Skeldon

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 18:24:45 »
Been pondering trying to pick up a winkeyless.kr board for a while now; specifically, that 75% one.  A GB for that would be amazing.
seconded