Author Topic: [IC] GMK Oblivion V2 - Launches June 4th 2019 on Drop.com  (Read 295928 times)

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
Re: [IC] GMK Oblivion V2
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 19:07:21 »
I am excited for this.

Offline rk74051

• Carpe Noctem Iterum
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 19:26:22 »
Shhh.... I'm in
|archon REːAL PLATINUM FX Round 2 DIY KIT[Black, Aluminium Plate, Ver 2.0 PCB, Drop Holy Panda, Massdrop X Oblotzky SA Oblivion Oblivion Mod(Oblivion Alpha),  Signed by Joe 'Mr.Hahn' Hahn of Linkin Park(Carry On, 7/18/2019 KST)]|
|CM Storm Novatouch TKL[Norbauer R2 Galactic Blue, Massdrop X Mito SA Godspeed]|

Offline caxplrr

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 19:29:49 »
at last, the first custom keycap set I wanted since joining the keeb community! Words do not describe how excited I am for R2 of oblivion. 100% in on the monochrome set at the minimum

I'd also really like to have base mods with normal legends...

soooo the monochrome kit?

No, the base mods in different colors, but with regular legends rather than git commands.

Show Image

+1 for this please! (Base mods in different colors, regular (non-Git) legends)

Another vote for colored base mods!
fc660c / [incoming] fc980c / dell at101w

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 19:30:35 »

As it stands, one would need to buy 2 base kits anyway to get 2 modifier sets (git + mono) right? Might as well vary the alpha colors so people are left with 2 sets of different colors alphas (hagoromo + grey) and 2 different colors mods (git + mono) if they are paying $260 for both base kits like you said.

Unless I知 missing something.
+1
Ye this what I wanted to say earlier, but too lazy to type out lol

Offline tootle

« Reply #154 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 19:32:45 »

As it stands, one would need to buy 2 base kits anyway to get 2 modifier sets (git + mono) right? Might as well vary the alpha colors so people are left with 2 sets of different colors alphas (hagoromo + grey) and 2 different colors mods (git + mono) if they are paying $260 for both base kits like you said.

+1
Ye this what I wanted to say earlier, but too lazy to type out lol

me too thanks

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #155 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 19:35:58 »
I don't see why this set needs two base kits. Having two base kits with the only difference being the mods screws things up in my opinion. I'm sure it saves money by having the base kits set up as you have them, but at the same time for someone who wants git mods, monochrome mods, and white alphas, I'm actually spending significantly more buying two base kits (git and monochrome) and white alphas.

Offline heilstrahl

« Reply #156 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 19:36:14 »
Would absolutely be in for a monochrome base kit!

Offline P1ngou1N

« Reply #157 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 19:39:48 »
I know you said that the "Git Gud" key was not included because it would cost alot more to get the molds created, but would you consider to add that as a "Git Gud" kit like how GMK Carbon did for the Salt kit?  Have multiple color options for "Git Gud" as a separate kit.  The salt kit was one of the 3 kits that met MOQ so I feel like if a Git Gud kit could make MOQ as well.

I need a way to tell my friends to "Git Gud".

I would love this as well.

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 19:51:17 »
Base kit 1: Git Mods + Gray Alphas

Base kit 2: Mono Mods + Haragomo Alphas

Child: Space Cadet Alphas, Haragomo Alphas and other collateral damage kits

/s

Offline sl70309

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 19:52:44 »
i am in for 3 sets

Offline saucybulgogi

« Reply #160 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 19:53:59 »
In for a set for my redox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline blizzara01

« Reply #161 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 20:12:59 »
4 pages already. I thought it was a dead post lol

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #162 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 20:49:31 »
What if you offered Hagomoro alphas + Monochrome mods as the second base kit?
Wasn't paying attention to this at first, then I stopped for 5 seconds, then I think about it, and lol that was pretty smart. Makes perfect sense.

Then getting Git mods with Hagoromo Alphas or Monochrome Modifiers with Gray Alphas would mean buying both base kits for a whopping 260$ or so. There are simply no winners  :'(

I think it depends on use case scenario.

In my opinion, and I could be wrong, people buying two modifier sets are more likely to be buying it for two keyboards. Whereas people buying two alpha sets to get the combination of alphas + modifiers they want could just be buying it for one keyboard... It makes more sense to have the people buying for two keyboards buy two sets than the other way around, no?

Offline kilobravo898

« Reply #163 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 20:51:02 »

No, the base mods in different colors, but with regular legends rather than git commands.

Show Image

My thoughts exactly, love the git mods of course, but would be great to have colored standard mod legends as an option as well. Having the git mods as a separate kit would be amazing. Nevertheless, thanks for bringing such a killer set back! Anxiously waiting till GB opens

Offline Wicky

« Reply #164 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 20:53:54 »
at last, the first custom keycap set I wanted since joining the keeb community! Words do not describe how excited I am for R2 of oblivion. 100% in on the monochrome set at the minimum

Show Image

Please have colored regular mods! Even as just a separate kit would be fine with me.
Pok3r RGB | Planck | Lightsaver v3 | HHKB Pro 2 | Rama Koyu | Lubrigante | TGR Alice | Unikorn | Unikorn Poly | Thermal | KFE CE | 7v | Pandora | Viper v3 | Moment r0 | Bias r2

Offline Drilldriver

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 21:00:02 »
I would buy multiple kits of this if made available. I love this set. 

Offline titanium

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 21:11:30 »
choosing between git and the monochrome... probably will end up buying both

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 21:15:37 »
This just feels like gmk carbon all over again. I think you should stick with whichever base kit you think best represents your vision of gmk oblivion and have all the other mods/alphas/other kits remain as add-ons.

Offline sl70309

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 21:19:43 »
please start GB, this IC is not really necessary

Offline Macmutant

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 21:43:39 »
Count me in.

Offline airlangga07

« Reply #170 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 21:58:24 »
OMG yes! I am in!

Offline jay6889

« Reply #171 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 21:59:21 »
I AM IN 100%

Offline Daellin

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 22:08:31 »
This is probably already too far in development, but would you be able to somehow separate git mods, for Round 1-ers so they dont have to buy an extra set?

Ah well, that's just how the way things are. Money will be spent... Again. Thanks Oblotzky.

- Happy owner of R1 GMK Oblivion, SA Oblivion, GMK Space Cadet, and was almost tempted to get calm depths.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #173 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 22:14:08 »
I really wish I could just offer the kits split up into a more modular system like how it is done with SA/DSA buys, but that's unfortunately not how GMK operates. For GMK Oblivion R1 I initially wanted to do the same (regular mods, monochrome mods, gray alphas and white alphas) but buying one mods + one alphas would have cost 160$, while as single base kits we were able to offer it for 135$. There are very few people that want to get all the combinations possible, but most will stick to buying one base and leave it at that, so I don't want to burden the majority with the wishes of the minority.

I understand offering the base kit for $135, since that's the bread and butter of Oblivion. A difference of $25 for any other kits might be worth it given all the feedback asking for separate mods for anything that isn't the base. Laser did incredibly well with a single base kit for a great price, and a whole bunch of addons like Blocknet, Hiragana, and Gaijin. I think Monochrome, Hagoromo, and possibly Assembly (though you could easily argue this one should keep its alphas) fit the exact need as those extra Laser kits, and are more than worth the difference in price for enthusiasts interested in multiple kits.

I speak for myself, yes, but it seems to also be the case for many others posting in this Interest Check. I am in, to some capacity, no matter what; just pitching in some more ideas. People only interested in the base kit will get what they want at a great price, to get a taste of Oblivion. While those of us seeking more exotic choices will benefit from being able to pick and choose in addition to what's in the base, at a price we're willing to pay.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 January 2019, 22:59:18 by fatpolomanjr »
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline Zeimus

• zeim.us
« Reply #174 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 22:18:59 »
Yeah, I really like the original Oblivion colored base model keys.  Please make this available somehow.

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #175 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 22:19:46 »

Show Image

Please have colored regular mods! Even as just a separate kit would be fine with me.

Another vote for colored regular mods

Offline Daellin

« Reply #176 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 22:20:02 »
Also i just realized the spacebars in most of the kits that are < 6u are now convex (or concave?), this seems like a first for GMK (not including 2u convexes)

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #177 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 22:25:31 »
I was in the original GMK Oblivion group buy and to be honest I think that having the sets split between two different base kits was a big problem.

Neither set made MOQ on their own (I don't remember the exact final numbers) but were produced thanks to jchan filling in the difference. Obviously we don't want a GMK Carbon R2 situation either where there are just a *ton* of child kits, but wouldn't it be better to have a single base kit (probably the git version) and then have the monochrome mods as an additional kit?

In any case I'm glad to see this getting a re-run and I will be in for a base kit and Hagoromo kits.

Offline Drive

« Reply #178 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 22:27:22 »

Show Image

Another vote for colored regular mods

I need colored regular mods too! I assume it値l hit MOQ even if it痴 a separate kit.

Offline dimo

« Reply #179 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 22:49:33 »
Is Crimson Cadet cancelled? :/ I was hoping for cc in q1

Offline X7

« Reply #180 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 22:52:20 »
Also in support for colored normal mods. I really don't like the git ones :(
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 January 2019, 22:59:08 by X7 »

Offline thornkin

« Reply #181 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 22:56:49 »
I would likely get a separate mod kit if it had colors regular mods.  I like some of the git mods, but I don't necessarily like right and left shift being different words.

Sent from my Mediatek MTK8173 Chromebook using Tapatalk

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #182 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 23:35:54 »
I know Colevrak is a maybe at this point, but could you consider adding mod DH support please - the latest mt3 kit has the necessary keys - it's only a few more.

It's always cited as something that'll be hard to hit MOQ, but this might just be the most popular GMK set we've had in a while, if not now, then when?

I'd buy at least 2 sets if it's offered.

Offline Solotov

« Reply #183 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 23:52:08 »
Rip wallet
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline crowKAKAWWW

« Reply #184 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 00:01:44 »
Fat stacks will be dropped.
RAMA M60A
KBDFans Frosted Tofu
Cannon Keys Satisfaction 75
Desk Candy Modern M0110
---
ALF x Scott G60

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #185 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 00:09:16 »
Oblotzky Oblivion? Obviously I'm obliged to obliterate my wallet.

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #186 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 00:20:29 »
Chiming in for normal colored mods as well. I think it値l give wider appeal. It also allows round 1 buyers and hardcore fans to purchase the git kit separately.

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #187 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 00:26:04 »
ITT: A lot of people that don't read existing posts before adding new ones

Offline Grindbox

« Reply #188 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 00:31:40 »
Any way we could get an extra pair of r4 1.5 mods for the assembly kit? Otherwise I'll probably join and just buy the base and assembly like with calm depths.
I'm in the same boat.  I have a Sol and a Boardwalk and they both need four R4 1.5u key caps to complete my layout.  It seems like a popular design choice for the ergo boards that have been coming out lately.  It would be great if i didn't have to buy a base set for two key caps. 

Either way, huge fan of Oblivion!  I'm in for at least one set.

Offline tuilokee

« Reply #189 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 01:40:26 »
Yes,in for a Base kit and Hagoromo kits.
but hard to chose Git base or Monochrome base.

Offline Keebmeupscotty

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 02:11:06 »
Need git base kit. Awesome work!

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #191 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 02:25:10 »
Definitely in for NorDEUK set!

Offline R0N1N

« Reply #192 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 02:52:42 »
Yes

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #193 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 04:06:39 »
What are the 1.75u blanks for in the Assembly kit? Seems like you could probably replace those with extra 1.5u and 1.25u R3 keys for full Pearl and pretty much any other 40s compat.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 January 2019, 04:09:37 by tex_live_utility »
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline harlekein

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 04:43:45 »
I know Colevrak is a maybe at this point, but could you consider adding mod DH support please - the latest mt3 kit has the necessary keys - it's only a few more.

It's always cited as something that'll be hard to hit MOQ, but this might just be the most popular GMK set we've had in a while, if not now, then when?

I'd buy at least 2 sets if it's offered.

Seconded. And one further: DHm. That was supported by both Susuwatari and Godspeed MT3. I bought both.

Or offer a Japanese legend only kit. I would be happy with that if Colemak is not viable.

I know GMK is always tons of keys and most you will never need, but I am more concerned with price to cover a layout than having excessive plastic. I would be happy if alpha kits and mods get separated. Also: Git mods for ortho please.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 January 2019, 09:13:27 by harlekein »

Offline darko

« Reply #195 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 05:38:09 »
Long time lurker, first time poster.....

Yes please.

If possible, reduce number of keys in base set and reduce the price = thanks.

edit:
any chance for EU proxy?
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 January 2019, 05:48:57 by darko »

Offline tronix_41

« Reply #196 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 05:40:19 »
Definitely in for NorDEUK set!

Offline pants_3000

« Reply #197 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 05:53:08 »
In for colevrak and assembly!

Offline Gati

« Reply #198 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 06:09:02 »
Monochrome base looking like a snack

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #199 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 06:16:52 »
Smol update. Mainly, I removed the red accents from Monochrome Base Kit. They were overlapping with GMK Honeywell too much.

With that, I also felt comfortable merging the ISO parts of the Base Kit into the NorDeUK kit, as there's now just 3 ISO returns left instead of 4. This should also increase the likelihood of that kit happening, as people can't cheap out for physical ISO support via the Base Kits now. It's all or nothing now, with less burden on the ANSI folks.

I am now pondering how to solve the 'Monochrome Mods separate pls'-issue. If I counted correctly, that would be a 38 key kit, which is pretty good. More people being merged into the Git Base Kit could also lead to another price break of that, which could be 10-20$. So at higher MOQ's, I could see the Git Base being 119$ or even 109$, and with Monochrome Modifiers on their own for 60$ or so be a solid 180$ish price. My main beef with this however remains that you won't be able to buy just Monochrome Modifiers + Hagoromo Alphas, as you would have to buy the Git Base just for the TKL nav keys (arrows, del/insert/pgup/pgdn/function row etc).

I will continue keeping this updated and improved upon.