Author Topic: "Norm Teaches Typing" - learn that number row!  (Read 2194 times)

Offline itlnstln

"Norm Teaches Typing" - learn that number row!
« on: Tue, 21 July 2009, 12:52:34 »
If I lived on the west coast, I would come build speakers with you.  I would love to work with a speaker manufacturer.

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 21 July 2009, 14:16:32 »
Not a bad idea. I was just thinking of printing it out and sticking it on the bottom of my monitor but your solution just looks nicer.
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M Space Saver (1291472), Unicomp Customizer x 2
Cherry Brown: Filco FKBN87M/EB, Compaq MX11800
Black Alps: ABS M1
Not so great boards Rare Spring over dome OKI, Sun rack keyboard

Trackballs - Trackman Wheel (3), Trackman marble (2)
Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 21 July 2009, 15:07:55 »
A lot of my learning touch typing on keys I don't use often is how much strain my fingers are used to. On a happy hacking, to hit the & symbol, I should be holding shift, and extend my index finger as far as it could go. That's just enough to hit &. For * it's the same thing, except I don't strain as much. Half the time, I feel like I'm not even going to hit the right key, and I do.

That said, it's still a nice piece of hardware for learning the row, especially with all the wonderful blank keycap sets Elitekeyboards has started offering

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 21 July 2009, 15:22:54 »
So how does this work? Do you keep it in your pocket and practice touch-typing when you have a spare moment? Doesn't it attract funny looks? :biggrin:

Offline nanu

• http://T-T.be/portal
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 21 July 2009, 20:52:46 »
I should probably learn the same, have always tried-and-erred with numeric input (and only ever used the numpad for inputting symbols).

Neat idear, also if you had a short name and wanted to make a nameplate.