Author Topic: [IC] GMK Houhai 后海 - LIVE AUGUST 1  (Read 150921 times)

Offline grundlemere

Vendors, you hear the people. They demand it!!

I think if and when this set is offered as a WoB set, it's much easier to create the molds for a traditional characters mod set. That will really be up to the vendors and the interest from you, the voting public, but I will at least plan on designing the legends.

Offline Snakey

This is such a beautiful set, 2021 seems so far away I can't contain my excitement. As the others have mentioned, I would be really interested to see white/ light alphas!

Offline Slayer77

This is such a beautiful set, 2021 seems so far away I can't contain my excitement. As the others have mentioned, I would be really interested to see white/ light alphas!
Light alphas kit will be much appreciated!

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline grundlemere

Re: [IC] GMK Houhai 后海 - Kit Updates and New Poll!
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 20:04:15 »
Thanks for your feedback! A few updates tonight, including new base and modifier kit options:
    • Updated base and modifier kit options
    • Expanded Cangjie monolegend kit to include all alphas, tabs, and extra spacebars to combine with standalone modifiers or cover additional board with base kit
    • Corrected erroneous numpad 6 Chinese legend (陆)
    • Corrected erroneous star angle on Chinese flag novelty
    • Created standalone Chinese modifier kit option
    • Created standalone numpad kit option with modifiers in all three styles

Offline endjy

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 20:15:41 »
    although i am not a fan of the base kit, but the novelties is so interesting.

Offline MousePounder

• Location: It's in that place where I put that thing that time.
    • Full Size Mechs Need Love Too!
      • Bomba Gigante
    « Reply #105 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 20:26:39 »
    Any chance of a numpad set that is exactly like you have it but without the classic numbers? I am in love with the idea of a keyboard with no western legends.

Watch Out! Wide Mechs Comin' Thru!

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
    « Reply #106 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 20:52:56 »
    In the numpadless base kit case, you can move R1 End and PgDn keys to the numpad kit since they are only used in layouts with numpads (1800, CP, 96-key etc.).

If you're looking to further cut down on the kit size, the second 1u Ctrl can be removed (commonly used only on ortho boards, never on ≥60%). The 1u Backspace is also quite rare, although it can still sometimes be seen on 60%s. The 1.75u key in the spacebars kit is exceedingly rare, being used on only a handful of staggered 40% boards (three, to be exact). 1u space would probably be more useful.
    « Last Edit: Wed, 24 June 2020, 21:00:12 by konstantin »

Offline friedtofu

Re: [IC] GMK Houhai 后海
    « Reply #107 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 17:12:47 »
    As a Taiwanese-American, I would love to have this set since Chinese sets are not well represented in custom keycaps. I live in the United States and know many people who would love to have this set...all Chinese backgrounds. So do not think that you won't have fans and buyers outside of Mainland China! I look forward to purchasing this!

However, the inconsistency just throws me off because I actually know what I am looking at as oppose to a person that only sees it as a cool decoration. To quote someone else: "Keep it consistent. Simplified and Traditional together is helluva odd."

I am also not 100% sold on the red on black alphas. perhaps after seeing some more renders! or maybe a diff color on black or a light alphas kit?

As for the base kit: I vote for either Option 1: modern icon mods w/o numpad (lowest cost) or option 2: simplified Chinese mods w/o numpad (middle cost). Honestly I would probably get the foreigner kit

Offline mustardgreens

Show Image

Something that came out of the process...thoughts?

Make this. This is the best yet. Professional, I can bring it to work, and classy.

As a Taiwanese-American, I would love to have this set since Chinese sets are not well represented in custom keycaps. I live in the United States and know many people who would love to have this set...all Chinese backgrounds. So do not think that you won't have fans and buyers outside of Mainland China! I look forward to purchasing this!

However, the inconsistency just throws me off because I actually know what I am looking at as oppose to a person that only sees it as a cool decoration. To quote someone else: "Keep it consistent. Simplified and Traditional together is helluva odd."

I am also not 100% sold on the red on black alphas. perhaps after seeing some more renders! or maybe a diff color on black or a light alphas kit?

As for the base kit: I vote for either Option 1: modern icon mods w/o numpad (lowest cost) or option 2: simplified Chinese mods w/o numpad (middle cost). Honestly I would probably get the foreigner kit

I also agree with this person.
    « Last Edit: Fri, 26 June 2020, 20:28:29 by mustardgreens »

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #109 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 08:10:42 »
    Thanks for the feedback on that. There have definitely been a lot of folks asking for a traditional mods kit. It’s something I’m going to be working on this weekend. I completely understand that from the Taiwanese perspective it seems jarring. However, from a thematic standpoint (my own experiences and ideas translated into design), and ultimately from a cost standpoint, it doesn’t make sense to include traditional mods in the base kit.

However, what I can tell you is that when we release the WoB set (working title GMK Chine Noire), I will definitely design it to include a traditional mod kit, and as long as there is sufficient interest it will get made. What’s more, I have a generous offer from a vendor to fund the molds, so I will explore the possibility of getting the trad molds made ahead of GMK Houhai so that with enough interest buyers can get a traditional character mods kit. I’m gonna try to make it work.

I hope that many of the traditional character users didn’t get the wrong impression that my earlier unwillingness to use traditional characters came from hostility to the idea or the political background of the question. That was not where I was coming from on this. To be totally honest, I have been told by influential folks in the community who would know that this is probably the most complex set design they’ve ever seen. Therefore, expensive. The name of the game was simplify by any means necessary. The idea of adding a very expensive and complex kit to satisfy a minority of users was completely out of the question when the goal was to simplify and eliminate kits that may not perform as well. Now that we already have another set design that looks to use the molds, and may not be under such a tight constraint of the mold costs affecting the cost of this set alone, it looks more possible. I do not know how things are going to turn out, but I will do my best! All I can say is: stay tuned.

Offline kidviddy

• 駄日記
    « Reply #110 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 09:59:52 »
    As someone who would prefer traditional characters and is probably more interested in the WoB colourway, I would like nevertheless to voice my support for this project and the way you are going about it.  It is clearly driven by passion and by a love for Houhai, and the memories that you have there, and I think that's wonderful.  Of course I hope that we will see a traditional characters option, but I also very much hope that this contention over simplified vs. traditional characters doesn't get in the way of your being able to create and release the set that you want to release.

Good luck, and hopefully we will end up with a set (or set of sets!) which can satisfy all (or at least most) of us!

WoB set (working title GMK Chine Noire)

lol

Offline santela

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 11:21:17 »
    Good to see some updates!

I personally think the WoB is the way to go. Red on black is going to be pretty poor for eligibility. I'm also gonna voice for lighter alphas again for some nice contrast.

I understand this is a complicated project, given the differences of traditional vs. simplified on top of what is already a very complex design. I'm one of those people who prefer keycaps to be more or less monochrome, so take whatever I say with a huge grain of salt. At the end of the day, you want to make a set that you are the most happy with, and that's the most important thing.

Offline DieBackstube

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 28 June 2020, 16:59:51 »
    For me there is too much colour variation in the mod kit. I really like the other colours, red on black is fire

Offline keyboardcircle

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 28 June 2020, 19:00:15 »
    99% will pick Option 2

Offline yoot

• none
    « Reply #114 on: Sun, 28 June 2020, 19:03:51 »
    99% will pick Option 2
    Option 3 is so much better. I don't want to have to spend 50 dollars extra for the numpad

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline crispgm

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 10:43:01 »
    This is awesome! I like the CCTV tower novelty.

And even if I locate in Beijing, I guess I have not loved Houhai as much as you.

Offline kidviddy

• 駄日記
    « Reply #116 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 00:30:07 »
    I know you're trying to keep things simple, but I was just looking at how I might apply this set to the Adélie, and an R2 escape key and R2 1U backspace would be really helpful.  I appreciate you're probably not looking to add keys at this point, but if it would be at all possible (perhaps in the mods kits if not in the base), please consider it. I dare say 40% enthusiasts would appreciate it too!

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 09:12:02 »
    I know you're trying to keep things simple, but I was just looking at how I might apply this set to the Adélie, and an R2 escape key and R2 1U backspace would be really helpful.  I appreciate you're probably not looking to add keys at this point, but if it would be at all possible (perhaps in the mods kits if not in the base), please consider it. I dare say 40% enthusiasts would appreciate it too!

Shouldn't be too hard honestly. Let me see what we can do in work with the vendors. We already added a 1.25u key to support Candybar, etc.

Offline kidviddy

• 駄日記
    « Reply #118 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 10:01:28 »
    Shouldn't be too hard honestly. Let me see what we can do in work with the vendors. We already added a 1.25u key to support Candybar, etc.

Awesome, thank you for considering it :-)

Is the white diamond key in the render for the icon mods kit a mistake?  All the other diamond keys are green, and that same key in the English and Simplified Characters kits is also green.

Btw, just one more thing, although I know you're probably tired of hearing about traditional characters by now.  Traditional mods aside, have you considered including a 東 key in the monolegend set so that somebody buying that set plus icon mods can make use of the compass point arrow keys but still keep things all traditional?  Just a thought; in the absence of that key I'll probably use the 左右上下 keys or even just the arrow keys, but if 東 was available I'd go for the compass points.  I realise that this is a different proposition to something like an escape or backspace key, though.

EDIT: Just realised the 1.75U Enter key on the Adélie is going to be a sticking point, too... this might be harder than I thought! I guess Candybar needs this as well?
    « Last Edit: Wed, 01 July 2020, 11:04:40 by kidviddy »

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #119 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 12:43:56 »

Awesome, thank you for considering it :-)

Is the white diamond key in the render for the icon mods kit a mistake?  All the other diamond keys are green, and that same key in the English and Simplified Characters kits is also green.

Btw, just one more thing, although I know you're probably tired of hearing about traditional characters by now.  Traditional mods aside, have you considered including a 東 key in the monolegend set so that somebody buying that set plus icon mods can make use of the compass point arrow keys but still keep things all traditional?  Just a thought; in the absence of that key I'll probably use the 左右上下 keys or even just the arrow keys, but if 東 was available I'd go for the compass points.  I realise that this is a different proposition to something like an escape or backspace key, though.

EDIT: Just realised the 1.75U Enter key on the Adélie is going to be a sticking point, too... this might be harder than I thought! I guess Candybar needs this as well?

Yes, definitely a mistake. Thanks for the catch.

We will have some news about traditional characters pretty soon...part of a much larger announcement. I think if everything falls into place, you'll get your wish and then some.

Offline anduin

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 12:30:23 »
    I guess you went to the bar many times in the evening in Houhai, Beijing. The spring, summer, autumn and winter of Houhai are actually black in your eyes.  Or there is a possibility, color blindness.In addition, speaking of the Chinese characters on the lower keycap, one is why the numeric keys do not make traditional numbers and look more retro?  The second is why all the Chinese characters of GMK and rama are all bold or fonts that belong to Microsoft Yahei. As Chinese art, Chinese characters affect the entire East Asia, but they are not reflected a bit, which is too disappointing.

Offline prizeS

• TastyKeys
    « Reply #121 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 15:08:04 »
    I guess you went to the bar many times in the evening in Houhai, Beijing. The spring, summer, autumn and winter of Houhai are actually black in your eyes.  Or there is a possibility, color blindness.In addition, speaking of the Chinese characters on the lower keycap, one is why the numeric keys do not make traditional numbers and look more retro?  The second is why all the Chinese characters of GMK and rama are all bold or fonts that belong to Microsoft Yahei. As Chinese art, Chinese characters affect the entire East Asia, but they are not reflected a bit, which is too disappointing.

did you just try to insult someone with color blindness? that's ridiculous. even if you don't like it just move along if you don't want to provide constructive criticism, jeez.

font is mostly to stick to GMK molds, as different fonts and legends will require new molds and higher costs.
    i lub 65% and wkl tkl.

Offline Axariel

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 15:12:49 »

did you just try to insult someone with color blindness? that's ridiculous. even if you don't like it just move along if you don't want to provide constructive criticism, jeez.

font is mostly to stick to GMK molds, as different fonts and legends will require new molds and higher costs.

The comment was a bit over the top, but I also get the sense that people who are from China or the surrounding regions may have a different sense of pride associated with their critiques of these design choices.

I think everything looks great, but I am only ethnically Chinese and have lived in CONUS my whole life, and I am sure that affects my perspective.

Offline prizeS

• TastyKeys
    « Reply #123 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 15:16:32 »

The comment was a bit over the top, but I also get the sense that people who are from China or the surrounding regions may have a different sense of pride associated with their critiques of these design choices.

I think everything looks great, but I am only ethnically Chinese and have lived in CONUS my whole life, and I am sure that affects my perspective.

sure i understand that. i'm chinese american and spent most of my life living in china. insulting someone over a keyset is uncalled for and unnecessary.
    i lub 65% and wkl tkl.

Offline anduin

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 20:05:31 »

sure i understand that. i'm chinese american and spent most of my life living in china. insulting someone over a keyset is uncalled for and unnecessary.

Okay, I apologize for my remarks, it really should not be an inappropriate analogy.  But my point of view is still the same, this color can only represent a person who goes to Houhai Bar every night to look at Houhai, but not the whole picture of Houhai. It is recommended to change the name to GMK Houhai nightlife, which will be more appropriate.  In addition, it is recommended to delete the national flag design of China, otherwise it must violate the Chinese national flag law.  There is also the problem of the GMK font spoken by the Chinese. I am puzzled by GMKsumi. Why can the Chinese characters in this one change the font, but not others?

Offline anduin

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 20:24:09 »

Taking the opportunity to reply to you again and apologizing to the author, this analogy is very inappropriate.  As a Beijinger, I welcome you as a Chinese, and come back to Beijing to see your hometown.  In addition, I want to express a point of view. I am very grateful to someone who promotes the customs of China, but please do not use a narrow style to name a place. This will cause a misleading. In fact, it is not the original way. It may be Houhai.  The nightlife name is more accurate.  In addition, I would like to talk about the use of Cangjie roots by the author. I am very grateful to him for combining simplified and traditional characters in the design. This is part of Chinese culture. As an American, he can design this way to promote Chinese culture.  thank.  On the other hand, some Chinese authors, or some Chinese Americans (grown in China), are extremely fond of using Japanese characters, which I personally cannot understand, especially in themes that have nothing to do with Japanese culture.
    « Last Edit: Thu, 02 July 2020, 20:26:25 by anduin »

Offline MMKB

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 19:00:48 »
    I’d love to have a Chinese GMK keyset but in a less busy colorway like BoW  :rolleyes: The set is more like Miami Night in terms of the theme and as much as I understand that it’s really too colorful for me. Good luck with the GB though!

Offline mustardgreens

« Reply #127 on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 20:56:45 »
    I’d love to have a Chinese GMK keyset but in a less busy colorway like BoW  :rolleyes: The set is more like Miami Night in terms of the theme and as much as I understand that it’s really too colorful for me. Good luck with the GB though!

Stay tuned, I think OP has tentative plans to make a WoB set, from this recent comment:

However, what I can tell you is that when we release the WoB set (working title GMK Chine Noire), I will definitely design it to include a traditional mod kit, and as long as there is sufficient interest it will get made.

A WoB set would be my preference as well.

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 08:24:58 »
    Hi everyone, looks like there's been some...uh...lively discussion on the thread! While I wish this set could be everything to everyone, it's not possible to make a set that pays homage to Houhai during all seasons and all times of day. Nighttime is the one that's the most visually striking to me and different enough from other existing sets...wouldn't want to make Mizu or Botanical again. I have had my color perception tested several times, though, and that came out A-OK. As far as the typeface for the Chinese characters, well, I'm the designer and I like them. I chose a clean and modern typeface (not MS Yahei btw) both to remain consistent with GMK Latin legends and because it's more likely to be flexible with future designs. And because that's what I like.

Anyway. To explain the lack of updates here, I've been hard at work on some elements of the WoB set with NathanAlphaMan, who is my partner on that project. He has been migrating our work into a new rendering tool that is far more capable and speedier than Fusion, and I spent the weekend creating new legends both for traditional Chinese character mods and for a new novelties set. Big ups to Alex at Zfrontier and Louis at iLumkb for their design ideas. Nathan and I will be revealing them soon in a new IC, most likely, but we will post here as well. GMK Houhai is still on, but it's looking like a longer term project.

Tell me: has anyone visited here, or wanted to?

Offline santela

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 11:40:01 »
    Hi everyone, looks like there's been some...uh...lively discussion on the thread! While I wish this set could be everything to everyone, it's not possible to make a set that pays homage to Houhai during all seasons and all times of day. Nighttime is the one that's the most visually striking to me and different enough from other existing sets...wouldn't want to make Mizu or Botanical again. I have had my color perception tested several times, though, and that came out A-OK. As far as the typeface for the Chinese characters, well, I'm the designer and I like them. I chose a clean and modern typeface (not MS Yahei btw) both to remain consistent with GMK Latin legends and because it's more likely to be flexible with future designs. And because that's what I like.

Anyway. To explain the lack of updates here, I've been hard at work on some elements of the WoB set with NathanAlphaMan, who is my partner on that project. He has been migrating our work into a new rendering tool that is far more capable and speedier than Fusion, and I spent the weekend creating new legends both for traditional Chinese character mods and for a new novelties set. Big ups to Alex at Zfrontier and Louis at iLumkb for their design ideas. Nathan and I will be revealing them soon in a new IC, most likely, but we will post here as well. GMK Houhai is still on, but it's looking like a longer term project.

Tell me: has anyone visited here, or wanted to?

Show Image

Not sure where this is but if it's Guilin then yes I have visited.

And thanks for the update, WoB, traditional Chinese, more novelties, all great news! Keep us updated!

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 23:58:40 »
    Wife actually wanted to go this Spring. Would have been my 9th recreational trip to PRC. Some day.

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
    « Reply #131 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 06:16:38 »
    I always loved loud colored sets, this one being on the top of my list for future buys. IC form filled and hope to see this GB this year!

Offline menuhin

« Reply #132 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 11:27:38 »
    I really like the set.

I suggest that the base set can be of only 3 colors: base - grey, legend - red, and then perhaps one another color (orange-yellow, green, or light blue) with highlight caps featuring inverted color with the other base colors, e.g. like those in GMK Hyperfuse, or GMK Honeywell.

Then there are the colorful and fancy icon mods and other kits.
    Please keep us updated.
    Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
    More
    Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
    IBM M13 black
    NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
    HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
    [~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline ullr

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 14:34:23 »
    I really like these kits exactly how they are. I think this set has enormous potential.

Offline gwailo

« Reply #134 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 17:36:13 »
    Can't wait for this set!

Offline dMarvb

« Reply #135 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 11:36:48 »
    I'm definitely in. Very nice set.

Offline kidviddy

• 駄日記
    « Reply #136 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 16:49:03 »
    Hey, I know you’re working on preparations for your upcoming announcement (which I am eagerly awaiting!), but just a thought here: have you considered a version of the numpad kit with just chinese numerals?  I really like your idea to go with the traditional/financial numerals here rather than the modern numerals on the number row, but for my part at least I’d like it even better if there were no arabic numerals on it and I could go for a pure Chinese look, as with the monolegend set. Of course, I would also prefer the traditional forms for these numerals rather than simplified ;-)

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there in case it’s something you might consider. I’d be happy with it either as a separate kit or included with the monolegend kit (since if they were separate I would buy both anyway); not sure which is best from a kitting perspective.

Offline AvoidingYou

« Reply #137 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 23:45:43 »
    please take my money I wish to have this thank you. don't let people talk you out of the colorway, I freaking love it. It's not busy, it's got just enough interest.

I wouldn't buy a BoW kit, because those bore me. Also thank you for making a Chinese kit as all the Chinese kits I tend to see are zhuyin
    « Last Edit: Thu, 16 July 2020, 23:48:54 by AvoidingYou »

Offline Crazy Designers

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 05:15:15 »
    yo im Chinese and im really impressed by your design. keep the great work! :thumb: :thumb:
    Future Art Community.

Offline AvoidingYou

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 19 July 2020, 15:15:35 »
    I'm def in on the canjie and the Chinese icon mods and spacebar set.
    Any plans for an artesan cap? Rama's lunar new year gold/red cap was gorgeous, I'd love to see the novelty esc key in Alu! thoughts?

« Last Edit: Sun, 19 July 2020, 15:17:06 by AvoidingYou »

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #140 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 13:57:44 »
    Any plans for an artesan cap? Rama's lunar new year gold/red cap was gorgeous, I'd love to see the novelty esc key in Alu! thoughts?

Definitely plant for artisans! I love that RAMA LNY. We’re really looking forward to working with Kate at RAMA on our artisan with them.

Offline AvoidingYou

« Reply #141 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 02:16:47 »

Definitely plant for artisans! I love that RAMA LNY. We’re really looking forward to working with Kate at RAMA on our artisan with them.

Yessss! Sounds amazing! Also, I just ordered a Think6.5v2 and would love to match badge colors, is the yellow you're going for going to be an E-yellow? If it is, I think it'll look stunning with it.

Edit: also any general estimates of when this may be ready for gb? Gotta save up!
    « Last Edit: Tue, 21 July 2020, 12:08:41 by AvoidingYou »

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 16:11:28 »

Yessss! Sounds amazing! Also, I just ordered a Think6.5v2 and would love to match badge colors, is the yellow you're going for going to be an E-yellow? If it is, I think it'll look stunning with it.

Edit: also any general estimates of when this may be ready for gb? Gotta save up!

I only have a v1 badge, but if Graystudio used the same e-colors this time, it's a scary close match.

Wish I had more to report on the timing, hope to have news in the next week or two. The WoB set codenamed GMK Shanshui will have to happen first, and once that gets greenlighted, we will try to schedule Houhai.
    « Last Edit: Fri, 09 April 2021, 14:53:34 by grundlemere »

Offline santela

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 19:17:27 »

I only have a v1 badge, but if Graystudio used the same e-colors this time, it's a scary close match.

Show Image

Wish I had more to report on the timing, hope to have news in the next week or two. The WoB set codenamed GMK Shanshui will have to happen first, and once that gets greenlighted, we will try to schedule Houhai.

Sounds good. Any novelties planned for WoB?

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 19:12:38 »

Show Image

Sounds good. Any novelties planned for WoB?

Yes, entirely different novelties. I don't want to post a wack KLE so stay tuned for the renders!

Offline kidviddy

• 駄日記
    « Reply #145 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 20:10:34 »
    I literally started learning Chinese (and Cangjie) for this keyset.  Given GMK turnaround I expect I'll be fluent by the time it arrives!

Offline santela

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 20:25:50 »
    I literally started learning Chinese (and Cangjie) for this keyset.  Given GMK turnaround I expect I'll be fluent by the time it arrives!

Lol :))

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #147 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 13:41:53 »
    LMAO yes. Apparently Cangjie is a steep learning curve...I certainly don't know how to use it, so keep us posted!

And quick update to kidviddy: Adding Adelie and Candybar support to GMK Shanshui, so I expect it to appear in Houhai as well. As long as we don't have to start getting into cost-cutting rekitting discussions, I really hope to provide support for these new layouts. It's just three keys per kit, after all.

Offline kidviddy

• 駄日記
    « Reply #148 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 20:39:32 »
    And quick update to kidviddy: Adding Adelie and Candybar support to GMK Shanshui, so I expect it to appear in Houhai as well. As long as we don't have to start getting into cost-cutting rekitting discussions, I really hope to provide support for these new layouts. It's just three keys per kit, after all.

Awesome news, thank you! Now I just have to cross fingers I’ll actually be able to get my hands on one! Sounds like everybody wants it :-/

Offline KeepCalm27

« Reply #149 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 22:19:28 »
    Sure I will be in. Option 2 & 3 are both great for me.
    Hope the price won't be too high.