Author Topic: [GB] KAM Little Pilot (Missing keys update)  (Read 59256 times)

Offline ycanales

• keybordist
Re: [GB] KAM Little Pilot (In Production)
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 09:24:16 »
Would love some update on this too.

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 13:04:12 »
TKC does not provide updates unless there's an angry mob.

If no news in the next 5 weeks I will open a dispute with PayPal.

I really feel bad for this designer.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 November 2020, 20:58:20 by kajahtaa »

Offline asdds22

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 00:21:34 »
zero update on October? Awesome! My money for nothing! >:D

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 01:30:02 »
I haven't heard anything new, will check with TKC staff to see if the manu has any updates for them 😬

Update: TKC has reached out to Keyreative multiple times for updates but haven’t gotten any response 😓
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 October 2020, 11:38:06 by kema »

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 19:22:32 »
Update today: "Little Pilot will be finishing next week which we should be able to arrange shipping immediately after that" 🙌

Offline i_am_pat

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 31 October 2020, 11:07:43 »
Update today: "Little Pilot will be finishing next week which we should be able to arrange shipping immediately after that" 🙌

WOOHOO!

Offline asdds22

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 04:22:34 »

Thanks for the update. It relieved me.

Offline timescam

• Professional Colevrak Beggar
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 06:28:41 »
got mine today (from zf)

the glossy finish is good looking, and it also sound great for a uniform profile

Offline Argan12345

Re: [GB] KAM Little Pilot (Now shipping)
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 19:36:46 »
DAT GLOSS

Offline PeppyToad

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 04:35:36 »
Got mine a few days ago. I am very pleased with the printing quality – the legends are crisp and sharp, even on the modifiers. I had thought that they would be using reverse dyesub for the mods; but it seems like printing everything, including the legends and the color of the keycaps, paid off really well. While there are some places where the typeface could've used ink traps to prevent loss of detail, e.g. some lowercase 'r' characters in the mods start to look like 'г' (loss of detail in the shoulder), there are no bleed problems that make the characters fuzzy, like in my Infinikey WoB set. I'm very happy with this trade-off, and the results speak for themselves.

Offline stoffelduss

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 15:59:56 »
anyone who ordered from mykeyboard and got their keycaps yet?

Offline yhs

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 16:46:24 »
anyone who ordered from mykeyboard and got their keycaps yet?

To the best of my knowledge MyKeyboard has not received them yet.

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 00:20:55 »
TKC mentioned they're not gonna slow boat from China to wherever USA on Discord two weeks ago.

Guess they're gonna slow boat it.

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 14:02:44 »
TKC starting to send out shipping confirmations today ✌️✌️

Offline i_am_pat

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 14:37:17 »
Any idea when Deskhero will be shipping out for Canadian orders?

Offline Joshimitsu

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 04:02:04 »
Got my delivery today from mykeyboard.eu

The "exotic" kit is missing the tab key added for HHKB support.

So now my exotic+alphas combo for my HHKB is useless. Gutted. Waited a year for this :(

EDIT list of all problems with this kit:
  • Missing 1u "Esc" (in red)
  • Extra 1u "Fn"
  • Missing 1.5u "Tab"
  • Unexpected 1.75u stepped "Ctrl"
  • Missing 2.25u "Enter" (in red)

Apparently mykeyboard.eu are aware of the issue and have reported it to the supplier already.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 December 2020, 10:09:19 by Joshimitsu »

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 19:17:02 »
Sorry that happened Joshimitsu, I've heard from mykeyboard.eu about the issue and am working with vendors to see what they can do to about errors in Keyreative's manufacturing/QC. 😢

Everyone that bought the set, if you notice issues please contact your vendor so they can collect details for potential replacements. It's unfortunate but after I approved the last round of samples that had 0 legend/centering/color problems, it was all in the manufacturer's hands. And it does seem like there were oversights made in the manufacturing process. 😫
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 December 2020, 19:24:25 by kema »

Offline yuejia

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 02:40:40 »
That‘s so cool! I like it!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline samba

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 03:00:12 »
Nice work. :thumb:

Offline Joshimitsu

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 13:00:53 »
Sorry that happened Joshimitsu, I've heard from mykeyboard.eu about the issue and am working with vendors to see what they can do to about errors in Keyreative's manufacturing/QC. 😢

Everyone that bought the set, if you notice issues please contact your vendor so they can collect details for potential replacements. It's unfortunate but after I approved the last round of samples that had 0 legend/centering/color problems, it was all in the manufacturer's hands. And it does seem like there were oversights made in the manufacturing process. 😫

Don't worry about it, it's clearly Keyreative's mistake so I'm sure they will want to rectify it. In the meantime I will just look at the keys as they are very nice :D

I did notice a lot of scratches on the shine of the modifier keys though. Assuming because they are black it's easier to spot them? A little unfortunate to unbox them that way but I guess with the finish it's an inevitability anyway.

Offline ninjapirate

• @ninjapirate9901
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 15:57:21 »

👌

Offline Audiobs

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 16:45:21 »

So now my exotic+alphas combo for my HHKB is useless. Gutted. Waited a year for this :(

• Extra 1u "Fn"
  • Missing 1.5u "Tab"

Apparently mykeyboard.eu are aware of the issue and have reported it to the supplier already.

I can confirm the same issue with my exotic kit. Though the missing keycaps are also presented in the base mods kit, so I wonder if those 2 extras are replacement somehow.

Offline Arizone

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 02:09:29 »

• Extra 1u "Fn"
  • Missing 1.5u "Tab"

I can confirm the same issue with my exotic kit. Though the missing keycaps are also presented in the base mods kit, so I wonder if those 2 extras are replacement somehow.

Same thing with my Exotic kit. Not an issue for me, so not sure I will pursue it. I would also like to mention the legends in the Numpad kit changed from ÷ and × to / and * which is slightly disappointing but I also won't be using those presently.

Offline mrvco

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 22:35:48 »
Any word yet on how the two missing keys in the Exotic kit are being handled by Zfrontier and/or the proxies?  I picked up a NIB set w/ both Base mods and Exotics second hand, so the two missing keys aren't a big deal, but it would be nice to complete the Exotic kit.  Regardless, Little Pilot looks stunning on my Milk Rama M60-A.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 January 2021, 22:37:23 by mrvco »

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 11:17:56 »

Same thing with my Exotic kit. Not an issue for me, so not sure I will pursue it. I would also like to mention the legends in the Numpad kit changed from ÷ and × to / and * which is slightly disappointing but I also won't be using those presently.

Any word yet on how the two missing keys in the Exotic kit are being handled by Zfrontier and/or the proxies?  I picked up a NIB set w/ both Base mods and Exotics second hand, so the two missing keys aren't a big deal, but it would be nice to complete the Exotic kit.  Regardless, Little Pilot looks stunning on my Milk Rama M60-A.

Unfortunately Keyreative used an older version of the legends template without the proper number sizes and ÷/× symbols. I told zFrontier who said they would investigate but I haven't heard back yet. Best thing to do for any missing keys and numpad fixes is to reach out to the vendor you ordered from so they can compile these issues and request fixes from the manufacturer directly.  :(

Offline Kacperoni

« Reply #75 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 15:41:56 »
Can someone tell me what is this keyboard on the first pic on top of front page?

Offline mrvco

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 13:35:24 »

Unfortunately Keyreative used an older version of the legends template without the proper number sizes and ÷/× symbols. I told zFrontier who said they would investigate but I haven't heard back yet. Best thing to do for any missing keys and numpad fixes is to reach out to the vendor you ordered from so they can compile these issues and request fixes from the manufacturer directly.  :(

Contacted the vendor regarding the missing caps from the Exotics kit and they said they're not in contact w/ Zfrontier or Keyreative and to contact them directly.  I'll try pinging ZF, but I'm getting the impression no one involved cares enough for this to be anything but dead in the water at this point.  Considering their backlog, it's a bit hard to imagine Keyreative spinning up production for two keycaps from a set they've long since shipped.

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 19:04:40 »
Contacted the vendor regarding the missing caps from the Exotics kit and they said they're not in contact w/ Zfrontier or Keyreative and to contact them directly.  I'll try pinging ZF, but I'm getting the impression no one involved cares enough for this to be anything but dead in the water at this point.  Considering their backlog, it's a bit hard to imagine Keyreative spinning up production for two keycaps from a set they've long since shipped.

From what I know, TKC (the primary vendor) recently reached out to zFrontier directly about the issues but are waiting for a response 😥 I'm assuming that if/when fixes start to happen TKC will reach out to all the proxies for orders and distribution. I'm hoping Keyreative can make things right 🤞

Offline Kacperoni

Re: [GB] KAM Little Pilot
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 18:41:27 »
Please do round 2. I tried getting some extras few weeks ago, but after 1 minute it was sold out...

Offline andred

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 02:23:03 »
Can someone tell me what is this keyboard on the first pic on top of front page?

I think that's a Molly: https://thekey.company/products/m0lly

Offline ja.ze

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 13:36:14 »
I managed to get into the extras after TKC assured me the missing keys were no longer a problem.

Quoted the post above for the hhkb actually.

Just received the set and surprise surprise, it's missing the exact same keys. Kevin, has Keyreative responded to this? I can't use this set since I only have an HHKB and Planck, and I only bought Alphas + Exotics.

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 00:01:34 »
I managed to get into the extras after TKC assured me the missing keys were no longer a problem.

Quoted the post above for the hhkb actually.

Just received the set and surprise surprise, it's missing the exact same keys. Kevin, has Keyreative responded to this? I can't use this set since I only have an HHKB and Planck, and I only bought Alphas + Exotics.

I haven't gotten a response from Keyreative since I last inquired ): Will ping someone from TKC to check in on the missing keys situation. Communication from Keyreative has been unfortunately spotty 😢

Edit: Had TKC reach out to zFrontier/Keyreative again for a response
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 April 2021, 00:46:44 by kema »

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 00:59:17 »
Hi friends, finally some good news! Keyreative is completing production on the missing keys tomorrow and are expected to ship them to all the vendors around May 7th. 🙏
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 April 2021, 01:03:10 by kema »

Offline Arizone

Re: [GB] KAM Little Pilot (Missing keys update)
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 20:47:09 »
These turned up unannounced from TKC. I never contacted them about it.

Offline Joshimitsu

Re: [GB] KAM Little Pilot (Missing keys update)
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 01:48:04 »
Still waiting here in EU  :(