Author Topic: [GB] Moon TKL v2  (Read 294059 times)

Offline shansoft

Re: [GB] Moon TKL v2
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 19 December 2022, 20:24:55 »
Beginning to gather information for legal action myself since a few others have backed down.
I have not gotten any responses in several months and no sign of getting the board either so have reached out to some outside sources which is looking like it will cost much more than the board itself in fees but probably for a good cause.

I am available on most socials as Hern / Herner so if anyone wants to provide any information as well I may be able to get something on track once again.

Thanks - Will definitely be updating in the coming days/weeks as paperwork is finalized.

Add me to the list..... Its getting ridiculous that no response even after I DM her many times, including emails.

Offline hungtranm18

« Reply #251 on: Fri, 23 December 2022, 11:10:58 »
Beginning to gather information for legal action myself since a few others have backed down.
I have not gotten any responses in several months and no sign of getting the board either so have reached out to some outside sources which is looking like it will cost much more than the board itself in fees but probably for a good cause.

I am available on most socials as Hern / Herner so if anyone wants to provide any information as well I may be able to get something on track once again.

Thanks - Will definitely be updating in the coming days/weeks as paperwork is finalized.

Add me to the list..... Its getting ridiculous that no response even after I DM her many times, including emails.

please add me to your list

Offline defzone

« Reply #252 on: Fri, 23 December 2022, 16:10:48 »
Add me also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kiyoboard

• https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
« Reply #253 on: Fri, 23 December 2022, 16:42:54 »

I am also still waiting for the board, and would be happy if the GB runner is held responsible one way or another. But not sure what the expectation is from having such a list? You said "so have reached out to some outside sources which is looking like it will cost much more than the board itself in fees but probably for a good cause." so are you looking for people to send you money to be able to pay for the lawyer cost? Don't think I would be willing to send money to yet another stranger to save money that I lost to a stranger.

Offline chillchuck

« Reply #254 on: Sat, 24 December 2022, 16:35:42 »
Based on some people inexplicably getting their boards and it seems like Drunken being able to get theirs by working through a 3rd party and negotiating with the factory directly. I think the most effective path to actually getting a board in hand would probably be to go around Oko and try to communicate with the factory directly. I'm sure they'd like to get this stuff out of their way as well. I'm not exactly sure the best way to pursue something like that though. I'm all for getting together as buyers and organizing more, I just don't know how effective it is to go after Oko anymore.
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 December 2022, 16:39:01 by chillchuck »

Offline ricesteam

« Reply #255 on: Mon, 26 December 2022, 22:40:00 »
I agree with this. Asking the handful of victims of this group buy to fork over more money is probably not the best approach. I think the best course of action is to raise awareness of Oko's shady practices so he/she doesn't scam any more people because it looks like this person is still running GBs...

Now, if only there was a way to communicate with the factory directly...

Based on some people inexplicably getting their boards and it seems like Drunken being able to get theirs by working through a 3rd party and negotiating with the factory directly. I think the most effective path to actually getting a board in hand would probably be to go around Oko and try to communicate with the factory directly. I'm sure they'd like to get this stuff out of their way as well. I'm not exactly sure the best way to pursue something like that though. I'm all for getting together as buyers and organizing more, I just don't know how effective it is to go after Oko anymore.

Offline shansoft

« Reply #256 on: Sat, 07 January 2023, 21:04:20 »
There is still no update from Oko, and no one was receiving their board at this point. Another year pass with no boards. If anyone want to file a lawsuit or local authority, let me know, gladly to provide information.

Offline chillchuck

« Reply #257 on: Sun, 08 January 2023, 11:23:15 »
I've been working on trying to get in touch with the Geekboy team directly. Making some ground but nothing concrete so far.
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 January 2023, 13:51:24 by chillchuck »

Offline Bunn3y

« Reply #258 on: Tue, 10 January 2023, 03:45:38 »
Any followups on the current situation for the GB?
Typing on: Switchplate iiA Sanction TKL - Gateron X (51.5g Gon springs) - full alu - GMK Dolch R5

Collection: Ivery Praxis || HHKB Pro 2 || JTD.Works Ovinnik || Realforce R1 87u || Switchplate iiA Sanction

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #259 on: Tue, 10 January 2023, 12:56:12 »
Any followups on the current situation for the GB?

Still silence since November 7th, 2022.
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #260 on: Thu, 12 January 2023, 09:19:37 »
Sadge

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #261 on: Thu, 12 January 2023, 09:38:42 »
This Rukia, Monoflex, & a few others I'm sure I'm missing, definitely sadge. I'm thinking it's time to move on from the old GB model (just send someone your money & pray the product shows) completely...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #262 on: Thu, 12 January 2023, 13:14:59 »
This Rukia, Monoflex, & a few others I'm sure I'm missing, definitely sadge. I'm thinking it's time to move on from the old GB model (just send someone your money & pray the product shows) completely...

if it was that easy we would have moved on from it a long time ago, but i agree with you that it is a bad system
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Bunn3y

« Reply #263 on: Fri, 13 January 2023, 08:40:34 »
A little update: I've gotten in contact with Kevin on Discord. Attached is a screenshot of our exchange.

Typing on: Switchplate iiA Sanction TKL - Gateron X (51.5g Gon springs) - full alu - GMK Dolch R5

Collection: Ivery Praxis || HHKB Pro 2 || JTD.Works Ovinnik || Realforce R1 87u || Switchplate iiA Sanction

Offline singabore

« Reply #264 on: Fri, 13 January 2023, 15:08:14 »
Ngl I forgot I joined this gb

Offline hungtranm18

« Reply #265 on: Sun, 15 January 2023, 08:19:22 »
I've been working on trying to get in touch with the Geekboy team directly. Making some ground but nothing concrete so far.
There is 1 lucky person in my country got his moon v2, he said his proxy got it from manu and he didn't have to pay an extra fee.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 January 2023, 09:04:27 by hungtranm18 »

Offline chillchuck

« Reply #266 on: Sun, 15 January 2023, 13:08:58 »
There is 1 lucky person in my country got his moon v2, he said his proxy got it from manu and he didn't have to pay an extra fee.

Yea, it's been a little difficult to get access to wechat and QQ since they now require verification, and I'm CONUS, but I've gotten some contacts for people at Geekboy. Hoping I can get some info after the holiday is over. Kevin seems like he's trying to find a way to get all these out of their warehouse as well. It's encouraging that most people that have been able to communicate with the manu, have been able to get their board in hand though. If I do get in contact, I plan on getting a discord together to relay information and communicate a little easier with the rest of the buyers who still have hope haha.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 January 2023, 13:13:46 by chillchuck »

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #267 on: Tue, 17 January 2023, 15:47:12 »
Unfortunately the manufacturer is not willing to cooperate anymore and we will no longer be able to assist in getting the boards out. Please do not DM me with your details

Hello all remaining Moon TKL GB members:

I have direct contact with the manufacture used for the Moon TKL, and I debated for about a month or so whether or not I wanted to get involved with acting as an intermediary to get all the boards shipped out, as I have no clue how many boards are outstanding and the work involved. I originally participated as well, and purchased 2 Moons at GB through Oko, and also never received the boards. I talked to the manufacturer and arranged to have my two boards, as well as a few keyboard friends' boards shipped out to me directly. We've already received the boards (total 7 boards) and the manufacturer is sitting on the completed kits, fully packed and ready to ship for quite some time.

I can arrange to have your boards shipped out from China direct to your country at my negotiated DHL rate. Any additional Duties/taxes will be payable by the receiver as boards are sent "DAP", meaning duties and taxes unpaid. If you refuse to pay the duties/taxes and the board is returned to sender, then we will not assist with re-shipping your board until the return costs have been paid. Unfortunately shipping costs has gone up ~$30+ due to current emergency surcharges from Covid, and fuel surcharges spiking up 20%+ range due to the current war abroad.

Shipping will have to start around beginning of February, when the manufacturer returns from CNY.

If you would like me to assist in getting your boards delivered, please DM me on Geekhack with a picture of your PayPal transaction receipt showing contents ordered, and we will confirm and match it with the manufacture's list.

Include the following in your DM to save us time:
Full name:
Address:
City:
State/Province:
Postal/Zip Code:
Phone number:
PayPal Email:
Whether you'd like to send PayPal F&F or via PayPal invoice:

Approx quotes for 1 board (subject to change as fuel surcharges change monthly): via PayPal F&F or PayPal invoice (4% surcharge applies)
CA - ~$106 USD (I can also accept e-transfers in CAD if preferred)
USA - ~$111 USD. 2x boards ~$168USD.
DE - ~$112 USD
UK - ~$122 USD
AU - ~$111 USD
JP - ~$92 USD
UAE - ~$122 USD

We will not by liable if the shipment is damaged or lost in transit, and are solely acting as an intermediary out of goodwill.

Will wait a few days to collect a few DM's before sending out invoices for shipping cost. Please only one DM thread per person. Thank you.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 March 2023, 16:57:36 by Zeal »
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #268 on: Tue, 17 January 2023, 19:14:37 »
zeal coming in clutch yet again
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline kiyoboard

« Reply #269 on: Tue, 17 January 2023, 19:50:31 »

I have direct contact with the manufacture used for the Moon TKL, and I debated for about a month or so whether or not I wanted to get involved with acting as an intermediary to get all the boards shipped out, as I have no clue how many boards are outstanding and the work involved. I originally participated as well, and purchased 2 Moons at GB through Oko, and also never received the boards. I talked to the manufacturer and arranged to have my two boards, as well as a few keyboard friends' boards shipped out to me directly. We've already received the boards (total 7 boards) and the manufacturer is sitting on the completed kits, fully packed and ready to ship for quite some time.

I can arrange to have your boards shipped out from China direct to your country at my negotiated DHL rate. Any additional Duties/taxes will be payable by the receiver as boards are sent "DAP", meaning duties and taxes unpaid. If you refuse to pay the duties/taxes and the board is returned to sender, then we will not assist with re-shipping your board until the return costs have been paid. Unfortunately shipping costs has gone up ~$30+ due to current emergency surcharges from Covid, and fuel surcharges spiking up 20%+ range due to the current war abroad.

Shipping will have to start around beginning of February, when the manufacturer returns from CNY.

If you would like me to assist in getting your boards delivered, please DM me on Geekhack with a picture of your PayPal transaction receipt showing contents ordered, and we will confirm and match it with the manufacture's list.

Full name:
Address:
City:
State/Province:
Postal/Zip Code:
Phone number:
PayPal Email:

Approx quotes for 1 board (subject to change as fuel surcharges change monthly): via PayPal F&F or PayPal invoice (4% surcharge applies)
DE - ~$112 USD
UK - ~$122 USD
AU - ~$111 USD
JP - ~$92 USD
UAE - ~$122 USD

We will not by liable if the shipment is damaged or lost in transit, and are solely acting as an intermediary out of goodwill.

Show Image

Show Image

Will wait a few days to collect a few DM's before sending out invoices for shipping cost. Please only one DM thread per person. Thank you.

Thanks for doing this. DMd you my information.

Offline BSGalaxy

« Reply #270 on: Tue, 17 January 2023, 20:01:39 »
If this pans out I am buying a fat stack of Pearlios to support this man lmfaoooo
Space80 / Frog / Hex 6C / Jelly60
KAT Lich / KAT Lucky Jade / GMK Tokyo Nights / PBT Pegaso

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #271 on: Tue, 17 January 2023, 21:05:30 »
If this pans out I am buying a fat stack of Pearlios to support this man lmfaoooo

Same same...

Offline dangboy

• yes
« Reply #272 on: Tue, 17 January 2023, 23:06:41 »
may i suggest, in these trying times, Clickiez switches

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #273 on: Wed, 18 January 2023, 11:31:33 »
Thank you, Zeal.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #274 on: Wed, 18 January 2023, 17:56:58 »

Full name:
Address:
City:
State/Province:
Postal/Zip Code:
Phone number:
PayPal Email:

DE - ~$112 USD
UK - ~$122 USD
AU - ~$111 USD
JP - ~$92 USD
UAE - ~$122 USD

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks for coming in clutch Zeal! I’ll be sending you a DM with my info right now!

Offline shansoft

« Reply #275 on: Wed, 18 January 2023, 23:58:40 »

Thanks Zeal! Just sent you a DM!  :D

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #276 on: Thu, 19 January 2023, 01:21:32 »
sending you a DM zeal

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #277 on: Thu, 19 January 2023, 09:15:36 »

fwiw i bought some when they came out and they are incredibly pogged

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #278 on: Thu, 19 January 2023, 13:11:39 »
Keep the DM's coming. A lot of new GH members sending duplicate DMs due to not checking "save a copy of each PM" under settings.

Save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;area=pmprefs

Will send out invoices / instructions when we reach closer to February, when DHL publishes their new fuel surcharge rates.

The manufacturer for the moon says they're returning around Feb 6.

Offline chillchuck

« Reply #279 on: Thu, 19 January 2023, 13:23:46 »
What a legend, thanks zeal.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #280 on: Fri, 20 January 2023, 02:00:23 »

Full name:
Address:
City:
State/Province:
Postal/Zip Code:
Phone number:
PayPal Email:

DE - ~$112 USD
UK - ~$122 USD
AU - ~$111 USD
JP - ~$92 USD
UAE - ~$122 USD

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks for this. Sent you a DM.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #281 on: Fri, 20 January 2023, 09:10:51 »
If they’re all finished, I really don’t understand why they weren’t shipped out

Offline Sushiimi

• Board Collection Spreadsheet
« Reply #282 on: Fri, 20 January 2023, 11:57:55 »

Full name:
Address:
City:
State/Province:
Postal/Zip Code:
Phone number:
PayPal Email:

DE - ~$112 USD
UK - ~$122 USD
AU - ~$111 USD
JP - ~$92 USD
UAE - ~$122 USD

Show Image

Show Image

Sent you a DM as well, thanks a ton for helping everyone out with this!

Offline fireworm

« Reply #283 on: Fri, 20 January 2023, 12:36:21 »

Sent you a DM, Zeal.

If they’re all finished, I really don’t understand why they weren’t shipped out

No one except oko knows; I have my own speculations, but eh.  Not worth sharing.

Offline hungtranm18

« Reply #284 on: Fri, 20 January 2023, 19:47:52 »

Thanks Zeal! Just sent you a DM!

Offline defzone

« Reply #285 on: Fri, 20 January 2023, 20:12:55 »
Is it possible to ship in proxy in china to save shipping cost. How much it would be? Thanks Zeal

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #286 on: Sun, 22 January 2023, 13:42:54 »
may i suggest, in these trying times, Clickiez switches

Not a participant in this Moon gb but wanted to support Zeal's wonderful gesture - just bought some Zilents for my next build.  :thumb:

Offline defzone

« Reply #287 on: Sun, 22 January 2023, 19:59:44 »
sent you a dm sir zeal. Thanks!

Offline SoloMilo

« Reply #288 on: Mon, 23 January 2023, 08:26:14 »
Wish I had hopped on this one, eyes peeled for your next projects  :eek:

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #289 on: Mon, 23 January 2023, 08:42:04 »

Sir, this GB was abandoned by the runner and is just now being saved by Zeal. Read the room before you spam posts to get your count up.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #290 on: Mon, 23 January 2023, 09:09:36 »

I doubt Oko will run another GB. If she does, I doubt she will have any participants.

Offline Hern

« Reply #291 on: Mon, 23 January 2023, 13:51:14 »
Keep the DM's coming. A lot of new GH members sending duplicate DMs due to not checking "save a copy of each PM" under settings.

Save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;area=pmprefs

Will send out invoices / instructions when we reach closer to February, when DHL publishes their new fuel surcharge rates.

The manufacturer for the moon says they're returning around Feb 6.

I was one that def did duplicate DM's due to not saving copy of PM. Sorry about that! Look forward to getting invoice or instructions for this in February!
Seems this is def the final solution we all needed. Def going to grab some Zealios for the occassion - What a champ!

Offline sleep.deprxved

« Reply #292 on: Tue, 24 January 2023, 11:01:24 »
I can't afford it, but goes hard

Offline ricesteam

« Reply #293 on: Tue, 24 January 2023, 12:59:13 »
DM Sent! Thanks, Zeal, for saving this GB!

Offline Demagine

« Reply #294 on: Sun, 29 January 2023, 11:03:56 »
I sent you another DM Zeal since it doesn't look like you've responded. I paid via Transferwise which was the most idiotic thing I did, abut I have details about the cancelled Paypal invoice.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #295 on: Sun, 29 January 2023, 19:08:05 »
DMs are well received. I won't be replying to all with a confirmation yet. You'll get one when the invoice for shipping is sent out. Thank you.

Offline commandog

« Reply #296 on: Thu, 02 February 2023, 10:57:14 »
DM sent. Good thing I check this thread every couple months to see if there are any updates. Thanks Zeal!

Offline defzone

« Reply #297 on: Tue, 07 February 2023, 22:33:43 »
Is there any updates from Zeal?

Offline Rew23

« Reply #298 on: Tue, 07 February 2023, 22:50:33 »
I got tracking as a DM from Zeal shortly after paying.

Offline chillchuck

« Reply #299 on: Tue, 07 February 2023, 23:03:47 »
I paid the invoice but haven't received tracking either. I guess he's probably doing it in batches or by region