Author Topic: Newer Retooled MX blacks and HG black binding issues  (Read 3806 times)

Offline shuijiao

• ergo clear
Newer Retooled MX blacks and HG black binding issues
« on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 01:35:09 »
I have been having problems with the newer cherry switches specifically in the bottom right corner, where they seem to catch on something when bottoming out. If you press down on the bottom right corner, you can feel the stem(I believe) catching onto something on the housing, and ends up having a small bump when returning to resting position. The issue becomes more prevalent if you film the switch.

https://streamable.com/t5un36

Here is video demonstration that shows the issue. This switch shown in the video is a HG Cherry MX Black, that has been filmed with a .15 TX clear film and soldered to a g80 1800.

With the older cherry switches that I have(Cherry clears, Vintage Blacks. 2016 RT Blacks) don't seem to have the issue, even while filmed. Was simply wondering if other people have had this issue before, since I have asked around and people do not seem to either notice or have the issue.
Thanks!
Peerless80, Type S, Pro 2, Pro 1, Duck Viper v3, Duck Orion V2.5, Matrix 2.0 Additional, Matrix Falcon

Offline lakeboredom

Re: Newer Retooled MX blacks and HG black binding issues
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 01:59:42 »
There's a longer thread on keebtalk about this. Cherry basically **** the bed with the new tooling and even GMK caps with their original cherry moulds, bind scratch on their switches.. Now we have to buy old Clears just for their straight top housings. Cherry, if you're reading this, suck my balls.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 August 2021, 22:48:36 by lakeboredom »

Offline shuijiao

• ergo clear
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 10:18:52 »
I see
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 August 2021, 10:22:45 by shuijiao »
Peerless80, Type S, Pro 2, Pro 1, Duck Viper v3, Duck Orion V2.5, Matrix 2.0 Additional, Matrix Falcon

Offline shuijiao

• ergo clear
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 10:22:01 »
There's a longer thread on keebtalk about this. Cherry basically **** the bed with the new tooling and even GMK caps with their original cherry moulds bind on their switches.. Now we have to buy old Clears just for their straight top housings. Cherry, if you're reading this, suck my balls.
Do you think it's the top housing that causes the issue? From my testing it's the stem not the housing. Can you send me the keebtalk forum talking about this issue?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 25 August 2021, 19:03:25 »
There's a longer thread on keebtalk about this. Cherry basically **** the bed with the new tooling and even GMK caps with their original cherry moulds bind on their switches.. Now we have to buy old Clears just for their straight top housings. Cherry, if you're reading this, suck my balls.
Do you think it's the top housing that causes the issue? From my testing it's the stem not the housing. Can you send me the keebtalk forum talking about this issue?

I bought Hyperglide clears and put the stem with a 55g spring in a gateron milky top black bottom housing and I have no issues of binding.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline shuijiao

• ergo clear
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 25 August 2021, 19:14:02 »

I bought Hyperglide clears and put the stem with a 55g spring in a gateron milky top black bottom housing and I have no issues of binding.
To my knowledge there is no cherry hyperglide clear? They have only have done hyperglide for black,brown and maybe red.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 25 August 2021, 21:21:55 »

There are no hyperglide clears, and we are talking about the cherry housing, not gateron... Maybe don't comment on threads while drunk.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 06:29:41 »

There are no hyperglide clears, and we are talking about the cherry housing, not gateron... Maybe don't comment on threads while drunk.

Also maybe read i just said that i put the stem into a gateron housing and have no binding while you guys argue about it being the stem or the housing. So i assume its the housing.. Maybe don't drink that cactus juice. PS Hyperglide clears do exist and i confirmed it because they came prelubed on the legs.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 August 2021, 07:41:45 by Sup »
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon

Offline shuijiao

• ergo clear
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 07:53:30 »

Show Image

Also maybe read i just said that i put the stem into a gateron housing and have no binding while you guys argue about it being the stem or the housing. So i assume its the housing.. Maybe don't drink that cactus juice. PS Hyperglide clears do exist and i confirmed it because they came prelubed on the legs.
May I ask where you found that/the website for those?

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 15:23:18 »

Show Image

May I ask where you found that/the website for those?

Candykeys.com
current
Coming soon

Offline Strutsy

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 09:23:31 »
I've noticed exactly the same with my hyperglide blacks (from two batches).
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 February 2022, 04:10:53 by Strutsy »

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 13:04:54 »
Heads up, Clears now have the curved top housing as well. I've moved on to using black nylon Gateron tops. I don't think they hold the leaf down on Cherry switches, but that shouldn't be a problem with soldered builds since Cherry's pins are stuck in so tight.

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 22 October 2021, 12:52:33 »
Is there a way to identify the old Clears vs the new Hyperglide?

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 22 October 2021, 12:55:57 »
Is there a way to identify the old Clears vs the new Hyperglide?
Clears aren't in the Hyperglide lineup despite what it says on the store page of that single EU vendor pictured above. They do however use the same new curved tooling for the top housing, so yes it's easy af to tell them apart from older stock.