geekhack Community > Input Devices

Modern mouse that uses AA batteries?

(1/6) > >>

noway:
Looking for a recent (0-5 years old) simple wireless mouse that uses AA batteries.  Will be only used for basic tasks, like internet, office use (no gaming).  Want to keep it simple since I only use left click, right click, scroll, forward, back.  Size not important.  Reliability is most important...I don't want any double-click problems in the near future.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

_rubik:
Just out of curiosity, why the AA battery constraint? Most modern mice have internal batteries that charge quickly and last for months. Better for the environment. Better for your wallet (in the long run).

To answer your question directly: I know both the Logitech G305 and Logitech M310 both use AA batteries.

F eq ma:
I have the logitech m510 full size mouse.   Love it.   Batteries last about a year with daily use.   $20

noway:

--- Quote from: _rubik on Sun, 26 September 2021, 15:22:43 ---Just out of curiosity, why the AA battery constraint? Most modern mice have internal batteries that charge quickly and last for months. Better for the environment. Better for your wallet (in the long run).

To answer your question directly: I know both the Logitech G305 and Logitech M310 both use AA batteries.

--- End quote ---

Have a whole bunch of Eneloop batteries and chargers already and AA are very easy and free of charge (for me) to replace after they die.  I'll have a look at the G305.  Thanks.

Leslieann:
Go to Walmart (or any electronics place) and get one of the cheaper Logitech models.
I wouldn't trust any wireless, especially low end and AA batteries other than Logitech.

The last "good" high end wireless that used AA batteries is the G700 and Performance MX.
Not sure about the Performance, but the G700, when the switches die, it's a nightmare to replace them. The G700 will also burn through a 2200-2400mah Eneloop in about 16 hours when set to high dpi and polling, but it is onboard programmable. The Performance is really just an office mouse and the batteries I think lasted 2-3 weeks.

All that said..
Get a Logitech Anywhere or Master, yes, they use an internal battery, but it will last over a month on a single charge, and 5 minutes of charge will get you another hour. I get you want to use your batteries, but your kicking yourself in the head by doing so. I liked all of these mice, but I rock a G900 on desktop and Anywhere on laptop. The batteries are just a hassle, get one of these and a magnetic Netdot 10 charging cable to act as a dock and call it done. You will be much happier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version