geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

Cherry profile caps but with softer edges?

<< < (2/2)

Handke:
Perhaps you just need to be a better typist? I had the same problem when I started typing, but now I'm much better and I don't feel the edges anymore.

HungerMechanic:
I am typing on DCS profile right now, and it seems to me to be a rounded Cherry-profile. It was indeed a semi-common profile at one time.

The keycap surfaces 'hug' you more than Cherry, it feels less squarish and angular. You could also maybe look at MT3 for a giant, hi-profile version of this.

Handke:

--- Quote from: HungerMechanic on Tue, 11 January 2022, 14:02:09 ---I am typing on DCS profile right now, and it seems to me to be a rounded Cherry-profile. It was indeed a semi-common profile at one time.

The keycap surfaces 'hug' you more than Cherry, it feels less squarish and angular. You could also maybe look at MT3 for a giant, hi-profile version of this.

--- End quote ---

quite thin???

Endeavour1934:
Some of the PBT sets have a slightly rounder edge around the top, but I don't think its noticeable while you use it.

But Leopold/Varmilo PBT sets (Step Sculpture 2) are even sharper than GMK.

HungerMechanic:

--- Quote from: Handke on Wed, 12 January 2022, 02:50:35 ---

quite thin???

Show Image

--- End quote ---

Yes, modern DCS profile is very thin. For some, this makes it good for light tactiles and maybe light linears: switches where you don't want to dampen the tactility or feel.

If you prefer a thicker version, the old fashioned DCS such as Wyse could indeed be very thick, but it is hard to find now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version