Author Topic: [IC] Milkyway Mango Keylime | GB July 1st - Aug 5th, 2022 | Now Live!  (Read 16946 times)

Offline imivanh

• The Right PC

Hey Everyone! Welcome to the IC of my set MW Mango Keylime.

This set is inspired by my favorite cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory, the Mango Keylime Cheesecake.

Cheesecake

This has been in the works since last year and Milkways finally gave me the green light to post the IC for this project.

Consider filling out the IC Form if you're interested.

IC Form
Discord
Instagram

Kits

Base Kit

Numpad Kit

Spacebar Kit

40s Kit

International Kit

Renders

D60

Isometria

Ikki68

Phoenix WK

Fuji 65

Vendors

US - The Right PC

CA - KanataKeys

EU - Eloquent Clicks

CN - Milkway Keys

SEA - Qwertyqop

OCE - Daily Clack

INDIA - StacksKB

INDONESIA - Mechaland

Rest TBD, Please DM me on discord ivanh#9416 if you're interested in vendoring the set!

GB Date

July 1st - Aug 5th, 2022 (tentative)

Pricing

Base: $90
Numpad: $20
Spacebar: $22
40s: $29
International: $22

Collabs

yu.keys
myth caps
miroticaps
KeyBee - Metal Artisan
cantoclicks
Bungkee.Caps

Please DM me on discord ivanh#9416 if you're interested in collabing with the set!

Signature

]
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=116128.0][img width=263 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/MAvzbrR.png[/img]][/url]

MW Mango Keylime IC Form
Discord
Instagram

Update Log

6/14/2022 - Pricing announced!
6/6/2022 - GB date finalized. Spacebar kit updated, removed 6u since MW does not make 6u. Pricing soon.
4/18/2022 - Indonesia vendor added, Bungkee.caps collab added, kitting update
3/10/2022 - India Vendor Added, Cantoclicks and Keybee collab added
2/7/2022 - OCE Vendor Added, Miroticaps collab added
2/6/2022 - Removed Basic 40s from base kit and added 40s kit
1/30/2022 - IC Post

« Last Edit: Fri, 01 July 2022, 12:17:46 by imivanh »

Offline PegSauze

Re: [IC] Milkyway Mango Keylime
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 08:29:22 »
Super excited about this set! GLWIC

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 09:58:16 »
you are missing a key for terminal iso support. Also fix your renders they don't look great. Super washed out.

edit: This does not make sense to me.
More

« Last Edit: Sun, 30 January 2022, 10:06:20 by LittleAad »

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 12:51:12 »
n e lime avail ?
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 14:07:11 »
FAQ

Q: Why is there no dedicated novelties or 40s kit?

A: I have faith Milkyways can deliver on multiple different kits and will explore it in future projects with them, but for this first run with them, I want to make it as simple as possible for a relatively new manufacturer.

What

Q: What colors are you using?

A: Will probably release later
What

Offline iinko_mk

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 14:34:03 »
FAQ

A: I have faith Milkyways can deliver on multiple different kits and will explore it in future projects with them, but for this first run with them, I want to make it as simple as possible for a relatively new manufacturer.

What

What

get me on that mildly confused train.
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110839.0][img width=300 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/GKL0Jxi.png[/img][/url]

Offline Saru

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 14:37:35 »
Excited to see more MW sets! Liking the colors.

Offline imivanh

• The Right PC
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 14:45:30 »
Super excited about this set! GLWIC

Thank you!

FAQ

What

What

remind me not to write this at 4am lmao

anyways, people like to ask what colors im using, so ill share them after GB probably for people who want to color match the aesthetic. just not gonna share it now to combat cloning

Excited to see more MW sets! Liking the colors.

Excited to work with MW on this!

Offline JohnYYZ

• KanataKeys.co
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 19:39:19 »
40s base kit please

Offline solarce

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 00:24:43 »
FAQ

What

What

they are doing full 40% base kits and this guy decides to do 3 key, i just dont get it

Offline imivanh

• The Right PC
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 02:30:37 »
FAQ

What

What

they are doing full 40% base kits and this guy decides to do 3 key, i just dont get it

I rather make things simpler for a newer manufacturer and to have less kits for them to worry about. I'll leave it at that. If the set does well enough for a round 2 to happen, we'll do a dedicated 40s kit.

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 03:59:30 »
FAQ

What

What

I rather make things simpler for a newer manufacturer and to have less kits for them to worry about. I'll leave it at that. If the set does well enough for a round 2 to happen, we'll do a dedicated 40s kit.
This makes no sense to me. They haven’t had any issues delivering correct keys as far as I’ve seen (compared to KAT, hooboy...) and with how they handle MOQ, additional kits aren’t a problem, they’re a selling point, to encourage people to buy MW over manus with less kitting freedom.

It seems you were inspired by Sogurt’s kitting (and your fruit novelties look a bit too similar to that set for my liking), but novelties in base made sense for that set because they functioned more like accent keys, and the appeal was mixing and matching them. Sogurt also had limited 40s support, but I think that’s mostly because a dedicated 40s kit would have needed its own accents, and because accents were the interchangeable fun part, it got too complicated.

Personally, I don’t think the colours or novelties for this set are attractive enough. It’s like PBT Honey with a less iconic theme, and with kitting like that, I may as well wait for GMK Fenglisu.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 08:14:56 »
Just a bit of context behind MW Sogurt's kitting, the novelty accents were put in base kit because MW has a significant MOQ for child kits that contain colors that are not in the base kit.

Offline misotsu

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 08:28:15 »
idk about yall, but the legends look a bit too light for me. colors are nice tho

Offline imivanh

• The Right PC
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 09:37:43 »
FAQ

What

What

This makes no sense to me. They haven’t had any issues delivering correct keys as far as I’ve seen (compared to KAT, hooboy...) and with how they handle MOQ, additional kits aren’t a problem, they’re a selling point, to encourage people to buy MW over manus with less kitting freedom.

It seems you were inspired by Sogurt’s kitting (and your fruit novelties look a bit too similar to that set for my liking), but novelties in base made sense for that set because they functioned more like accent keys, and the appeal was mixing and matching them. Sogurt also had limited 40s support, but I think that’s mostly because a dedicated 40s kit would have needed its own accents, and because accents were the interchangeable fun part, it got too complicated.

Personally, I don’t think the colours or novelties for this set are attractive enough. It’s like PBT Honey with a less iconic theme, and with kitting like that, I may as well wait for GMK Fenglisu.

To your first point, I don't believe any of their sets have actually delivered yet (besides PBT 02/015) which were pre-order and manufactured ahead of time, so really can not judge yet on whether they can deliver the correct keys or not. They should be delivering soon and if proven that there are no issues before this runs, I will add a dedicated 40s kit before we begin GB. Again, I am sure they will do great, but as of now and until they do deliver on more sets, I will hold off on committing. As for my fruit novelties, on closer inspection, I can see where you're coming from on the cute Mango novelty. I will reach out to Dandy for his opinion on it and edit if needed.

Just a bit of context behind MW Sogurt's kitting, the novelty accents were put in base kit because MW has a significant MOQ for child kits that contain colors that are not in the base kit.

Makes sense. thanks for the context

Offline marshmellohs

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 10:53:28 »
Will the deskmat reference the legendary Cheesecake Factory ceiling art?

Offline imivanh

• The Right PC
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 21:38:51 »
Will the deskmat reference the legendary Cheesecake Factory ceiling art?

definitely considering it.. trying to figure out how to implement it to fit the colors

Offline surplusofchairs

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 03 February 2022, 21:56:28 »
hello pls add 40s (mod kit or 40s base preferably)

you have 3 key 40s with force accent enter but no r2 1u in accent colour anywhere

this cheesecake is my favourite too, hope you improve kitting

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 05 February 2022, 17:54:44 »
Those colors are great. I really love how they mesh together. If I had a keyboard that would match it, it would be an insta-buy.

Offline imivanh

• The Right PC
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 06 February 2022, 15:34:23 »
hello pls add 40s (mod kit or 40s base preferably)

you have 3 key 40s with force accent enter but no r2 1u in accent colour anywhere

this cheesecake is my favourite too, hope you improve kitting

40s now added. Since so many people on the IC form and here requested for a 40s kit, I have decided to add a 40s kit to the set. There will be no more changes so prepare for quotes and GB date.

Those colors are great. I really love how they mesh together. If I had a keyboard that would match it, it would be an insta-buy.

Solution is to get a keyboard that would match :D
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 February 2022, 14:04:23 by imivanh »

Offline imivanh

• The Right PC
Added some more collabs, vendors, and a tentative GB date! This group buy date could be moved if samples do not come in time, but I'm hoping for the best

Offline imivanh

• The Right PC
Re: [IC] Milkyway Mango Keylime | GB Date July 1st - Aug 5th, 2022
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 16:44:13 »
GB Date Finalized for July 1st - August 5th, 2022. Quotes are coming in soon, so pricing will be announced shortly. Spacebar kit render and kitting updated since MW does not have 6u spacebar.

Offline imivanh

• The Right PC
Pricing Announced! (in USD)

Base: $90
Numpad: $20
Spacebar: $22
40s: $29
International: $22