geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Krush65 (Keyboard + Crush) Update: GB is open!!!

<< < (2/11) > >>

nuxroskb:

--- Quote from: doctorboy on Wed, 02 August 2023, 07:35:06 ---Design-wise, IMO, it is very interesting. Unfortunately, there is already a board that has a very similar design, in the 60% format, the Leviatan.
The price is very good, but I believe that is due to the fact that we are considering 700 MOQ, which I tend to agree with previous comments, is very difficult to achieve nowadays. 65% segment is full of good choices. Even with a good price, I believe the majority of folks that enjoy this design already move forward with Leviatan (I know it is a 60%, but still).
My recommendation is for you to explore other paths with a lower MOQ.
On my geek side, I would like to see more info about the PCB, if it uses a USB daughterboard, etc.
Good luck with the IC.

--- End quote ---
At a glance, there will be similarities, but the side and design are different as you can see in these two pictures.
And the interior design is also very different, not at all like Leviatan. keyboard design aspect is very limited, most of the keyboards are almost the same, you can find that point across many keyboards currently on the market
https://imgur.com/a/XdYfEMm
To optimize the cost, people will usually reduce its weight, but for me I really like using a heavy keyboard so I tried to optimize and push the weight of the keyboard to the maximum and still have can keep prices stable.
I can make this keyboard for a better price with only 2 piece design (including weights and case) and 1 mounting like oring mount.
But I wanted a really high quality product so I added another of my favorite mounts, the top mount. However that will lead to the cost will have to be a bit higher because at that time I have to design 3 pieces. (Top-bot-case)
That's what I can't say about the price compared to other cheap keyboards.
But to make a cheap keyboard universal to everyone but its quality is not good, that is not the purpose of my keyboard design.
Outside of looks, I'm very focused on the feel of typing, previous projects like RE65 I had to do 7-8 proto and lasted it for 2 years to be able to open the first GB. I really want my keyboards to achieve the best typing experience for consumers.

Amras:
I really like the design of this keyboard.

Any chance you folks know when it will go live for Group buy?

NSMN:

--- Quote from: doctorboy on Wed, 02 August 2023, 07:35:06 ---Design-wise, IMO, it is very interesting. Unfortunately, there is already a board that has a very similar design, in the 60% format, the Leviatan.
The price is very good, but I believe that is due to the fact that we are considering 700 MOQ, which I tend to agree with previous comments, is very difficult to achieve nowadays. 65% segment is full of good choices. Even with a good price, I believe the majority of folks that enjoy this design already move forward with Leviatan (I know it is a 60%, but still).
My recommendation is for you to explore other paths with a lower MOQ.
On my geek side, I would like to see more info about the PCB, if it uses a USB daughterboard, etc.
Good luck with the IC.

--- End quote ---
Is not even close to Levitan

SDKCAMPING:
The only similarity to leviathan is the case resting on a big weight as a base and exposed on the side. I think the Luna from Percent studio and such were the first I've ever seen do it this way and it does look quite good. Leviatan and this also may look very similar because of the silver and copper weight. Though I think both boards look a little too simple so it's not a surprise they are similar. I prefer leviathan PCB mount though.

Dmitri:
Split spacebar 3u or 2.75?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version