geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

TextMate

(1/1)

iMav:
Just recently re-mac-afied myself and am starting to use some of my old OS X-specific tools again.  

I had forgotten how much I absolutely love TextMate.  This editor alone is justification to have a key layout with the Esc and Tab keys close by. (completion lists and abbreviations rock)

TextMate has bundles that support a ton of different formats, programming languages, etc.  Here is a brief example . . .

Using the HTML language bundle, I can type "h1" and then hit Tab.   immediately pops up with the cursor between the > and

Waves77:

--- Quote from: iMav;5030 ---Just recently re-mac-afied myself and am starting to use some of my old OS X-specific tools again.  

I had forgotten how much I absolutely love TextMate.  This editor alone is justification to have a key layout with the Esc and Tab keys close by. (completion lists and abbreviations rock)

TextMate has bundles that support a ton of different formats, programming languages, etc.  Here is a brief example . . .

Using the HTML language bundle, I can type "h1" and then hit Tab.   immediately pops up with the cursor between the > and

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version