Previous Events Archive > KEYCON 2013 CHICAGO

Things I learned at Keycon...

<< < (2/13) > >>

Alessandro:
I learned:

I WANTED TO BE THERE!

Findecanor:

--- Quote from: dante on Sat, 17 August 2013, 19:36:46 ---I don't understand how 55g Topre is considered 'heavy.'  The 55g is a great typing keyboard but I wish it were heavier still...
--- End quote ---
If you use them for several hours every day for a few months, your fingers will start to complain. Where as on a lighter keyboard they wouldn't. At least, that is my experience from using variable-force Topre vs. Cherry keyboards at work.

--- Quote from: demik on Sat, 17 August 2013, 20:38:19 ---unless the board has been heavily used and springs broken in.. there is almost no noticeable difference between "vintage" and new.

--- End quote ---
There are those who have tried New-In-Box vintage keyboards that do say that these feel better
than new keyboards.
Broken-in switches are smoother than new switches, though.

esoomenona:

--- Quote from: demik on Sat, 17 August 2013, 20:38:19 ---
--- Quote ---Vintage Blacks are fantastic.  Why did Cherry ruin this switch!?
--- End quote ---

the placebo is strong.

--- End quote ---

The placebo makes you THINK you feel some type of way.

CPTBadAss:
Oh and there is a difference between gold and silver springs....and a slight difference between vintage and modern blacks. Gold springs are a bit taller and feel heavier. Vintage switches feel a touch lighter and smoother. But its VERY hard to tell when the caps on. Not sure if its worth hunting down vintage blacks but there is a difference. Lubing really makes it linear switches feel nice though hehe.

Dubsgalore:

--- Quote from: jameslr on Sat, 17 August 2013, 22:44:22 ---I like the feel of thick ABS doubleshots better than thick PBT

--- End quote ---

+1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version