geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] GON Custom Alps PCB's/Keyboard (NOW WITH FORM)

(1/21) > >>

dante:
A few of us have asked GON to take on providing a Alps keyboard for a while now.  Now that Matias is soon to be coming out with keycap solutions - it's time to test the waters to see what design we can agree on for a first GB.

Since KBParadise and Matias are coming out with 60% boards and Matias already has "Mini" and Fullsize boards my suggestions are either 75% or 87%.

No specifics are given at this point; just want to see how many people would at a minimum be interested in picking up PCB's.

PCB's/Controllers will run $50-$75 (just a guess-timate off current MX pricing); assembled keyboards will be likely $350-$500.

Please note: I have NOT talked to GON/Matias about this yet - I just want to get a feel (Interest Check) to see how popular these options would be.

Interest check form is here.

Tiramisuu:
The only reason i didn't go on the v60 is not programmable so don't be trying to sneak the there's already a 60% by me.  :p

60% fully programmable,  hhkb layout,  alps :)   and room for a bluetooth module  :p

exitfire401:

--- Quote from: Tiramisuu on Sun, 28 September 2014, 17:08:13 ---The only reason i didn't go on the v60 is not programmable so don't be trying to sneak the there's already a 60% by me.  :p

60% fully programmable,  hhkb layout,  alps :)   and room for a bluetooth module  :p

--- End quote ---

This would be my ideal model, but I'd settle for this without bluetooth

nubbinator:
I hate 75% boards since they always look terrible to me, have wonky layouts, and tend to be hard to find correct profile caps for.  If it had to be one of those two layouts 87% (Tenkeyless) would be the preferred.

That said, I'd want a 60% Gon.  It shouldn't be too tough for him to add the functionality to his existing PCB and if it was MX/Alps, it would make it easier to get the GB through, especially if you did a black PCB or something similar.

And since I have my own switches I'd want to use, I'd prefer a PCB/Case/stabilizer/maybe caps option.

dustinhxc:
Whoa.. ALPS by GON.. You have my attention.. If he can source Complicated orange Im in for full build. Otherwise just PCB and Plate for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version