geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] GON Custom Alps PCB's/Keyboard (NOW WITH FORM)

<< < (20/21) > >>

deci:

--- Quote from: geniekid on Tue, 07 October 2014, 18:33:00 ---On the subject of market overlap between GON 60 and Matias 60, I think this is an argument that we could draw out but I'd like to stay focused on the prize.  Let's stick with first-to-reach-40 wins for this round and focus on that layout.  If it's 60% then it's 60%. 

On the subject of running a 60% and TKL GB concurrently, I think it's worth asserting that there are enough people interested in both (but will only buy one) that two concurrent GBs will cause MOQ issues.  This is based on the responses so far.  If we remove non-60/TKL formats from consideration, I count

* 8 people who are only interested in 60%
* 10 people who are only interested in TKL
* 9 people who are interested in both
So almost a third of the people expressing interest would be divided.  It's possible that a well advertised GB would draw in enough numbers for both (50 orders for each), but I do not believe that is the case.  Start advertising this IC - if we get 100 votes in a way that 50 of each is plausible, hell, let's do both.

--- End quote ---

Speaking of market overlap on 60% Matias... Massdrop Infinity just entered the fray.
It's a fully customizable alps or mx board with a modified HHKB layout in a GON skinny style case.
Pretty cheap without keycaps.

geniekid:
It's good that Matias and the Infinity are bringing Alps to more people.  I think even if you're not really into either one of those options, having more people exposed to Alps will ultimately allow for more successful GBs based around Alps in the future.  The Infinity will hopefully drive up demand for compatible key sets (such as Badwrench's GB) and that will in turn (hopefully) drive up demand for GON Alps :)

The hardest part is the waiting!

Matias:

--- Quote from: geniekid on Thu, 16 October 2014, 14:30:36 ---It's good that Matias and the Infinity are bringing Alps to more people.  I think even if you're not really into either one of those options, having more people exposed to Alps will ultimately allow for more successful GBs based around Alps in the future.  The Infinity will hopefully drive up demand for compatible key sets (such as Badwrench's GB) and that will in turn (hopefully) drive up demand for GON Alps :)

The hardest part is the waiting!

--- End quote ---

Agreed.  :-)

geniekid:
If you're following this thread you're likely already following the Delta Blues Alps keyset as well.  In the slim chance that you are not, SP now has a live interest check for an Alps keyset that would be compatible with a future GON Alps PCB/keyboard (Delta Blues will have MX stabilizers and GON has stated he would design the PCB to support MX PCB stabilizers).  Vote for it here!

yasuo:
sym sgg 60% alps w/ mrinterface adapter would be great
may i will buy pcb only

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version