geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] TaoHao Alps doubleshot keycaps [RESEARCH MODE]

<< < (2/8) > >>

RickyJ:
Olivetti FTW for me, I'd take Dolch too.  I don't have any ANSI standard Alps boards, just my Minitouch and a bigass-enter fullsize, but I'm waiting for a nice 60% to drop blues into.

MOZ:
Sounds interesting, depending on the final layout available, I might be in for one of each given how hard it is to find Alps DS.

Puddsy:
Am interested.

00zeRO:

--- Quote from: dante on Thu, 11 December 2014, 21:57:07 ---While I'm still waiting to get numbers back I want to ask a few questions.

Originally I was going to run a GB specifically for the KBParadise V60MTS however when I read the MOQ's it was clear that the best value would be to offer full 104 sets.  Unfortunately there is no "one" standard in the world of Alps; "them's the breaks kid" or how that saying goes.

TaoHao has tested their keycaps on a V60MTS and it came out A-OK.  The problem is their keycaps are predesigned in a way that it will cost huge money to change the wording on them outside the existing form factor.  For example, there will be no Capslock size key with Control for it.

So with that being said - I still have to finalize things but we're looking at a 500MOQ minimum order spread across 2 sets - so 250MOQ for two different types.   That's the good news - the original minimum order from the factory was 1000 sets of ONE layout - because Alps is a special order they are only making Cherry sets 99% of the time now.

We can do any sets we want but I already asked (waiting to hear back) if they can do 250 Dolch and 250 Olivetti.

Costs per set are around $20 before paypal/shipping fees are added.  Hopefully by next Wednesday we will nail down the costs.

I have to ask some tough questions:

1. How many of you plan to use these on a Matias Quiet Pro?  Because unfortunately the bottom row is non-standard, and because Mac's are all about standards   :-\  the numpad on the Mac is different than the PC version.  So how many of you are using this on a Quiet Pro PC or Mac?  (And No I'm not dealing with Matias Mini.  This isn't Signature Plastics, son.)

If anyone will avoid buying because of the QP issue I could go back and ask that some additional keys be added but that will drive the price up a little per set.

2. Is Dolch/Olivetti options ok?  Everyone has a boner whenever either word is mentioned - I couldn't imagine everyone would want a solid black or yellow.

3. See below on the height differences of the Tao Hao keycaps.  Any problems with it?

Here are some pics of the keycaps:

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

--- End quote ---

Interested...

AKmalamute:
I'm building a 60% ALPs by hand using Melvang's Enabler ... so I could potentially be interested but for my money I'd need two things before it could become possible:

Control key on the home row. I never program my programmables with a caps lock because IMHO that's dumb. Blanks could be accepted though.

I hate the colors you've mentioned so far. I might be in the minority, but while I might buy Dolch if it was half off or better because the former owner was dying I wouldn't even want to pay money for olivetti. Besides which I have a sufficient supply of plain keycaps from prior sources. So I'd need a color.

Any color. Carnation pink, apple green, royal purple -- if you want my input I'd suggested royal purple with carnation pink text but again so long as it doesn't resemble white backgrounds (that includes black) I will seriously consider it.

Good luck in any event.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version