geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Girldc's keycaps - Show your support!

(1/21) > >>

bowji:
Background Story:
MoreA former member, Druger(aka Jackass), part of the ex-vendor REDLINE has scammed hundreds of members on geekhack and other foreign keyboard communities. The scam was a groupbuy for several different exotic keycap sets, individual losses ranging from anywhere between $100 to $5000, totaling an estimate of $70,000+(I would like to express my sincerest sympathy to those effected by this). That Jackass has received payments from the buyers and went MIA after dragging along a long process of claiming to "obtain and sort" the keycap sets. Subsequently, two renowned artists, LifeZone and Girldc, associated with the vendor REDLINE has been prohibited to spread their gift on one of the biggest keyboard community, geekhack. LifeZone, creator of LZ custom keyboards, and Girldc, a custom keycap artist, has lost their reputation due to this event. Each members of REDLINE conducted their own groupbuys, payments and shipping. Since the incident we lost two passionate artists due to "guilt by association"...
(This is from a third party perspective, there may be details not included but this is the brief summary)

Hi,

Im a relatively new member here on geekhack who joined after lurking for a while, hoping to start a collection of artisan keycaps. It was Girldc's ironman that lured me into this world of custom keycaps. However, after joining I soon found out Girldc was prohibited to conduct any groupbuys/commercial sales on geekhack.

Fortunately, I got in touch with Girldc outside geekhack and he was kind enough to let me in on groupbuys conducted on other foreign communities. Since we were both in the same country I was able to deal with him directly. When I asked him what happened on geekhack, he directed me to threads referring to the events of REDLINE, along with answering every questions I had about it. From a third party prospective, this was unfair. It was Girldc's sincerity that convinced me his passion for his artwork was beyond fame and profit.

(Picture from "Post your girldc caps!" by girldc)

Besides tarnishing Girldc's reputation, the REDLINE incident has greatly limited his passion for this niche genre. Im here to ask for your support to lift Girldc's prohibition on geekhack so he can spread his work to everyone here. Due to the language barrier, something that restricts emotions or lead to misunderstandings, I am willing to translate for Girldc and the geekhack community.

I have messaged two different moderators here about the situation and received no response, so please help and speak up. Whether you had the chance to deal with Girldc yourself or if you are interested in his work, now is the chance. If this works out, I am going to ask Girldc for a small project with a low cost and a small MOQ. All in hopes to restore his reputation and reinstate his position as an artisan keycap maker. This is only an interest check and nothing is set in stone, but Girldc still shows interest to continue his work on geekhack and we can help.
This is the start.

Link to Girldc's work:
Morehttps://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34476.0

Their current status:
More
--- Quote from: mkawa on Fri, 09 May 2014, 11:38:28 ---Folks,

Due to recent revelations, we have finished our deliberations and decided that the following actions need to be taken, effective immediately.

[*] DrugER is permanently banned from Geekhack.org,

[*] LifeZ and girldc are no longer allowed to conduct commercial business on Geekhack.org until further notice.

[*] we will archive this vendor subforum in 48 hours. this thread will be moved to announcements. the remainder of the subforum will be archived.

Our hearts go out to those in the community. As the coach of the beleaguered LA Clippers said recently, we hope these actions allow the healing process to begin.

Korean translation follows:

--- Quote ---Folks,
여러분,

Due to recent revelations, we have finished our deliberations and decided that the following actions need to be taken, effective immediately.
최근의 폭로로 인해, 운영진은 심사숙고 끝에 다음의 액션을 즉시 시행하기로 결정하였습니다.

[*]DrugER is permanently banned from Geekhack.org,
[*]DrugER는 긱핵.org에서 영구적으로 추방한다.
[*]LifeZ and girldc are no longer allowed to conduct commercial business on Geekhack.org until further notice.
[*]LifeZ와 girldc는 긱핵.org에서 추가 공지가 있을시까지 상업적 활동을 금지한다.

"If you are violate this directive, and are found to be doing business on geekhack, you will be subject to punitive action including but not limited to permanently being banned from geekhack"
만약 이 지시를 위반하고 긱핵에서 사업적 활동을 하게 된다면, 영구적인 추방을 포함한 징계가 따를 것이다.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Disclaimer: This is not a commercial business plan, merely an interest check for the possibility seeking for support. If this works out I will not be the middleman just a translator, all transactions will be handled directly by the artist, unless otherwise requested.

CPTBadAss:
I thought girldc was allowed to sell caps here after further review.

JinDesu:

--- Quote from: CPTBadAss on Mon, 15 December 2014, 08:54:49 ---I thought girldc was allowed to sell caps here after further review.

--- End quote ---

I thought I read this too, but I don't think people relayed that info to GirlDC. I remember reading some of GirlDC's posts and his grasp of english isn't that great.

bowji:

--- Quote from: CPTBadAss on Mon, 15 December 2014, 08:54:49 ---I thought girldc was allowed to sell caps here after further review.

--- End quote ---

Can I get a link please? I couldnt find anything on the announcements board, nor could I find it in the search engine.

CPTBadAss:
My work internet is acting up and I can't find it. It took me about ten minutes to post this :(.

Try searching through Google instead of the Geekhack search engine. I never use the one built in because I don't think it's as good. You can use

--- Code: ---site:geekhack.org

--- End code ---

In a google search. That's what I use to search for things here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version