geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Modern Selectric

<< < (2/7) > >>

CPTBadAss:
Holy **** I got excited. I thought someone was going to convert a Selectric to USB. Didn't realize it was a keycap set :(.

E TwentyNine:

--- Quote from: Dihedral on Fri, 01 May 2015, 15:26:19 ---Looks like it has potential but needs work. My reservations about the legends would be that they look a bit childish - maybe size them down and make them a little less bold and chunky.

--- End quote ---

They need to be larger, not smaller.  They're not the same font as the original selectrics and not large enough.

This almost gets the alpha's right except for the font:

Dihedral:

--- Quote from: E TwentyNine on Fri, 01 May 2015, 15:50:25 ---
--- Quote from: Dihedral on Fri, 01 May 2015, 15:26:19 ---Looks like it has potential but needs work. My reservations about the legends would be that they look a bit childish - maybe size them down and make them a little less bold and chunky.

--- End quote ---

They need to be larger, not smaller.  They're not the same font as the original selectrics and not large enough.

This almost gets the alpha's right except for the font:

Show Image

--- End quote ---

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I was thinking about it from an aesthetic perspective but it would be nice to retain the design features of the original.

E TwentyNine:

--- Quote from: Dihedral on Fri, 01 May 2015, 15:55:53 ---Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I was thinking about it from an aesthetic perspective but it would be nice to retain the design features of the original.

--- End quote ---

I was looking at it from an aesthetic perspective.

skullydazed:
Thanks for your interest, and your passion. ;)

My goal is to have legends that are the same size as nuclear data's. The current rendering may not show that very well. However, I've compared ND against my own seletric and it's not too far off:

There are some obvious typographical differences between the two fonts, but I am limited to the gorton modified that SP already has.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version